[Amazon.ca] Amazon - Fuji X100V - $200 Off

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 2nd, 2020 1:19 pm
[OP]
Aug 21, 2017
17 posts
12 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Amazon - Fuji X100V - $200 Off

Not for everyone but if you’re already into the Fuji system and looking for a camera that just came out a few months ago Amazon has this on for ~$200 off. It’s only the black one and back ordered until Sept 5th but you can still preorder it.

The deal probably won’t last very long as I’ve gotten lucky in the past where it’s gone on sale for about a day and then the price goes back up.

Coming from an X100F the upgrades may seem minor but they have updated the lense for better sharpness wide open as well as close up. It also ‘finally‘ has a flip screen! If you had your eye on it and on the fence this might be enough to pull the trigger.

Again, this is probably for a niche group of photographers but it’s portable and most of all fun to use.

Cheers!
12 replies
Jul 20, 2003
239 posts
48 upvotes
Nice find!
It's been on my wish list for a while....
I'm currently using a X-T30 w/ 27mm pancake as my "X100V wannabe".....but it lacks weather sealing....not to mention the slower and narrower lens...
Feb 12, 2008
188 posts
25 upvotes
My daily shooter. Beautiful camera. Nice find!
Dec 8, 2009
730 posts
209 upvotes
Is it better than Sony RX100VII ?
Last edited by echo_jey on Sep 2nd, 2020 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2005
4605 posts
1855 upvotes
Ancaster
CCrLine wrote: Not for everyone but if you’re already into the Fuji system and looking for a camera that just came out a few months ago Amazon has this on for ~$200 off. It’s only the black one and back ordered until Sept 5th but you can still preorder it.

The deal probably won’t last very long as I’ve gotten lucky in the past where it’s gone on sale for about a day and then the price goes back up.

Coming from an X100F the upgrades may seem minor but they have updated the lense for better sharpness wide open as well as close up. It also ‘finally‘ has a flip screen! If you had your eye on it and on the fence this might be enough to pull the trigger.

Again, this is probably for a niche group of photographers but it’s portable and most of all fun to use.

Cheers!
Good deal. If I didn't go down the film rabbit hole for my fun camera, I'd be all over this.
[OP]
Aug 21, 2017
17 posts
12 upvotes
echo_jey wrote: Is it better than Sony RX100VII ?
Sorry I can’t really say because I don’t know. I went from Canon to Fuji and have never really tried the Sony cameras but they are fine pieces equipment.

But to touch on the difference of usability, I feel the form factor and manual controls is kind of what Fuji cameras have going for themselves.

Might seem like a lot for the ‘experience’ but for me personally, it’s the difference of actually bringing my cameras and not. And I have no doubt captured more ‘daily’ photos with my X100F than my old 5Dmkii.

Really all just preference and what you’re going to use it for at the end of the day.
Apr 27, 2017
195 posts
191 upvotes
great deal..

i love Fuji and the x100 series

and yes better than the rx100..x100v is aps-c sensor
Jul 20, 2003
239 posts
48 upvotes
CCrLine wrote: Sorry I can’t really say because I don’t know. I went from Canon to Fuji and have never really tried the Sony cameras but they are fine pieces equipment.

But to touch on the difference of usability, I feel the form factor and manual controls is kind of what Fuji cameras have going for themselves.

Might seem like a lot for the ‘experience’ but for me personally, it’s the difference of actually bringing my cameras and not. And I have no doubt captured more ‘daily’ photos with my X100F than my old 5Dmkii.

Really all just preference and what you’re going to use it for at the end of the day.
I had an RX100m3 before switching to Fuji. Before the switch, I heard a lot about Sony's poor menu system design, but I always thought what's so bad about it? works pretty well for me.
After switching to Fuji, it took me a few days to know the menu system well and to fully customize the buttons & gestures to my shooting style. Once it's fully customized, oh man, it's an absolute joy to use. Full manual shooting has never been this fun, also all the other important settings can always be easily reached with just one button press or gesture.

Still, if money is not an issue, I'd like to own an RX100m7 as well, it's extremely versatile, that 200mm reach is just mind blowing, plus Sony's AF-C eye tracking, it might be a better day to day casual shooting and travel camera. If you don't already WANT an X100V, maybe RX100m7 is better for you.

If I can only have one camera, to choose between X100V & RX100m7, I will be very very tempted to choose the RX100m7, it's just too versatile!!! But, after using both systems, I know I would shoot more, and would WANT to shoot more with Fuji as it's just so fun to use. The fixed focal length will be a limit for sure, but the picture quality will also be better.
Last edited by victorinoxs on Sep 2nd, 2020 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
14323 posts
5510 upvotes
Ottawa
You can't even compare this to the RX100VI because it's a prime vs superzoom camera.
The Sony can do amazing focus tracking for moving objects, and has really high speed slo-mo. It's also quite a bit more compact

I would own both if I had the money. If you have to own one, it really depends on what you intend to use it for. The RX100 is the better for me as it's more versatile with its lens and video. Fuiji wins when you have more time to fiddle and like manual controls
RFD is not just about saving money, it's about the thrill of the hunt and getting the stuff I want without paying full price like Joe Shmoe did.
This applies to everyday items as well as high end items that I don't really need.
Jul 9, 2018
18 posts
14 upvotes
echo_jey wrote: Is it better than Sony RX100VII ?
They aren't in the same category. The Sony is a pocketable zoom lens camera. The X100V is larger and has a non-interchangeable, fixed focal length lens. What the Fuji can do, it can probably do better than the Sony because of it's brighter lens and bigger sensor and larger feature set. The Sony is more versatile though.