Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Amazon Music HD 3 months free (again)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 26th, 2020 4:11 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2018
3410 posts
3525 upvotes
Vancouver

[Amazon.ca] Amazon Music HD 3 months free (again)

Another day, another free music subscription offer. Amazon Music HD is free for 3 months again (last time was July: amazon-3-months-free-amazon-music-unlimited-2388139/)
Offer includes Unlimited and Family Plan. It's as good as any of the other music services (don't confuse this with the basic Amazon Prime limited streaming music service). The only drawback is that rival Google doesn't want to know about it, so you can't use it directly with Google Home/Assistant.

The web page says new subscribers only, but Amazon.ca sent me a unique email link, and they must know I'm a previous (free) subscriber - so maybe? (haven't tried it yet because I've still got 2 more months on Apple Music).

Amazon.com has the same offer if you have a U.S. Amazon account.
44 replies
Mar 21, 2019
24 posts
55 upvotes
Might be good to mention that Quebec is not eligible.
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
13530 posts
5096 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Just signed up for the trial and tried it out. The app doesn't seem to play... picked a song and it plays a < 1 sec snippet then stops. Looking at the progress bar, it doesn't seem to buffer more than the start of the song and then it stops. Tried it on both my iPhone and iPad... anyone having issues?
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
14153 posts
26577 upvotes
Scarborough
rvs007 wrote: Just signed up for the trial and tried it out. The app doesn't seem to play... picked a song and it plays a < 1 sec snippet then stops. Looking at the progress bar, it doesn't seem to buffer more than the start of the song and then it stops. Tried it on both my iPhone and iPad... anyone having issues?
I just signed up for the free trial and it's been streaming fine on my iPhone for the past 30 minutes. Each new song seems to buffer fully within 5 seconds.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Apr 12, 2018
10 posts
10 upvotes
Quebec residents are not eligible for a free trial and will receive a monthly membership for $14.99 ($12.99 for Prime members) per month, with the first 4 months included at no charge.
If I'm reading this correctly, Quebec residents are getting the first 4 months free, and charged $14.99 ($12.99 for Prime) starting on the 5th month. So Quebec gets a better deal than the RoC!
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2014
1972 posts
1085 upvotes
Calgary
Whoa! They actually have Garth Brooks music to stream!

Definitely trying this one out. Apple Music is good and I like the new radio stations they have, but Amazon has higher quality streams for not much more a month. I would just give up listening to some albums that aren’t available to stream anywhere (and I use iTunes Match or whatever it is to let me listen to those on my phone when I’m out sometimes).
Dec 22, 2009
170 posts
103 upvotes
YYC
Thanks OP, just signed up and started comparing to my existing Spotify. Running QC25 on ASRock 370z Pro so, no DAC and very basic setup but, I can notice the richness of HD over the very high bitrate from Spotify. I had to drop my volume level on HD, which clearly is subjective and very humble comparison of the two. For better directions check here
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
13530 posts
5096 upvotes
Toronto, ON
TomRFD wrote: I just signed up for the free trial and it's been streaming fine on my iPhone for the past 30 minutes. Each new song seems to buffer fully within 5 seconds.
Thanks for confirming. Did some research and it looks like starting with app version 9 they implemented a DRM restriction that stops playing on jailbroken devices. So I had to downgrade the app to v8.9.5 to get the music to work. But I lose out on the HD and UltraHD music. Don’t think I’ll be keeping the subscription past the 3 months since I already have Spotify Premium.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2019
1016 posts
1122 upvotes
How do I know if I qualify? When I go to the link it says I have to pay. Is there a promo code or something?
Oct 20, 2015
96 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Do you need to be prime member?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2018
3410 posts
3525 upvotes
Vancouver
dangdwn wrote: Do you need to be prime member?
No. There is a lower monthly fee if you are already a Prime member (after the free promo period).
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2013
1660 posts
862 upvotes
Halifax, NS
got it! thanks op.
is there a way to cancel ahead of time without forfeiting the 90 days?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2018
3410 posts
3525 upvotes
Vancouver
seafoodmwg wrote: got it! thanks op.
is there a way to cancel ahead of time without forfeiting the 90 days?
Yes, you can cancel any time and it remains good until the end of the offer period.
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2013
1660 posts
862 upvotes
Halifax, NS
Scote64 wrote: Yes, you can cancel any time and it remains good until the end of the offer period.
thanks, that’s what i was thinking.

having trouble actually navigating to that though. the area i think it would be (via browser, not app) gives me an error and says to try later. anyone else getting that?

edit: yeah, site is definitely not cooperating right now (under “advanced controls” part of subscription section). will try later.