Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Amazon Music Unlimited 3 Months Free for new Subscribers

[OP]
Dec 26, 2006
955 posts
878 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Amazon Music Unlimited 3 Months Free for new Subscribers

Amazon offers this regularly, but it's available now. Amazon Music Unlimited free for 3 Months for new subscribers.
17 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2008
1645 posts
667 upvotes
Can you cancel immediately so you don't forget to at 3 months ( and still have the service for three months)?
Dec 27, 2011
64 posts
47 upvotes
AMHERSTBURG
I RFD wrote: Can you cancel immediately so you don't forget to at 3 months ( and still have the service for three months)?
I just set a reminder 2 days before.
Feb 14, 2018
306 posts
224 upvotes
I RFD wrote: Can you cancel immediately so you don't forget to at 3 months ( and still have the service for three months)?
Yes
Oct 28, 2012
366 posts
110 upvotes
Ajax, ON
Is this not also available through Amazon Prime? What's the difference between Amazon Music and Prime Music?
Apr 29, 2013
201 posts
281 upvotes
Calgary
taskmasta wrote: Is this not also available through Amazon Prime? What's the difference between Amazon Music and Prime Music?
The difference is about 48 million songs. Amazon Music (about 2 mil songs) included with Prime. Unlimited has a ton more music.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2016
17572 posts
2213 upvotes
Out west
Im trying unlimited for 4 months for .99 cents. Im new to Prime, but now with my 3 Alexa Echos in the house, IM listening to music way more than I ever did. Even though I have a ton of mp3's etc. IM also hearing music Id never hear to. Having the option to have it streaming everywhere in the house at the same time is nice, even the garage now with my $20 Echo Dot 3

Ill debate on cost and use when it gets closer to the end of the trial
Apr 23, 2016
446 posts
497 upvotes
Kelowna
With an iPhone and several Google assistants, Amazon music is basically useless in my house. No voice commands and the inability to cast from anything other than my samsung phone. I've used it twice in 2 months.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2016
17572 posts
2213 upvotes
Out west
R35gtr wrote: With an iPhone and several Google assistants, Amazon music is basically useless in my house. No voice commands and the inability to cast from anything other than my samsung phone. I've used it twice in 2 months.
What do you mean no voice commands?
Apr 23, 2016
446 posts
497 upvotes
Kelowna
WikkiWikki wrote: What do you mean no voice commands?
It does not work with Google Assistant via voice commands. It also sucks when I cast and drops the audio for 3-4 seconds at a time, multiple times throughout a song. It's borderline useless for me and my device ecosystem.
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2004
1377 posts
127 upvotes
Toronto
R35gtr wrote: It does not work with Google Assistant via voice commands. It also sucks when I cast and drops the audio for 3-4 seconds at a time, multiple times throughout a song. It's borderline useless for me and my device ecosystem.
Tempted to switch off Spotify until I read this post. I think that I"ll pass. Google Assistant integration is essential for me, and the audio drops aren't very appealing.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2018
3677 posts
3756 upvotes
Vancouver
Azenha wrote: Tempted to switch off Spotify until I read this post. I think that I"ll pass. Google Assistant integration is essential for me, and the audio drops aren't very appealing.
You need to be aware of certain restrictions if you plan to use streaming music services with voice assistants, due to the stupid rivalries between major providers like Google, Amazon and Apple:

- Amazon Music Unlimited will not work with Google Assistant on any device.

- Apple Music will not work with Google Assistant on any device (Apple has an Alexa skill and will work with Alexa).

- Google Play Music or Youtube Music will not work with Alexa on any device.

Spotify and Deezer will work with both Google Assistant and Alexa.

An additional problem with Amazon Music Unlimited is that it is tied to a country-specific Amazon account, and can only be used with the Alexa of the country where it was purchased. So you can't sign up for Amazon Unlimited Music with amazon.ca and then use it with devices registered to an amazon.com account, even as a guest.

However I have not noticed any dropouts with Amazon Music Unlimited, and I can redirect the music output from any Echo device to my Sonos speakers for better quality.
Nov 1, 2017
152 posts
235 upvotes
Got it. Thanks, OP!
I finally quit drinking for good. Now, I drink for evil!
Dec 2, 2007
459 posts
221 upvotes
Scote64 wrote:

An additional problem with Amazon Music Unlimited is that it is tied to a country-specific Amazon account, and can only be used with the Alexa of the country where it was purchased. So you can't sign up for Amazon Unlimited Music with amazon.ca and then use it with devices registered to an amazon.com account, even as a guest.
This becomes a bigger problem if you have an Amazon.com account as well as a .ca account with the same email address. I literally can't get these promotions to work because it keeps punting me to the US site. I gave up on it. I have YTM and Spotify and they fill my needs.