Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Amazon Omni 65" TV currently in stock back at $629

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 23rd, 2022 12:15 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2004
2741 posts
467 upvotes
kjwilson wrote: Believe me I've tried everything to get my Harmony hub based remote to control it.. only can turn it on and off. Spoke to Amazon and harmony same answer that's its not compatible. After using Harmony for 10 years with anything I was surprised too!!
It's Bluetooth. Toss the Harmony and use the Firetv IR blaster to control everything through Alexa or the fire tv remote. ( at least that's the theory...)
Nov 25, 2014
171 posts
91 upvotes
calgary ab
cheapbastage wrote: It's Bluetooth. Toss the Harmony and use the Firetv IR blaster to control everything through Alexa or the fire tv remote. ( at least that's the theory...)
Would be nice if the ir blaster did but it won't control telus/cable box.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2019
1127 posts
799 upvotes
ONTARIO
kjwilson wrote: Would be nice if the ir blaster did but it won't control telus/cable box.
Cable box? You're not still using one of those are you?
Sep 19, 2012
626 posts
353 upvotes
Kitchener
Jlasterson wrote: It's a pretty bad tv, even for that price. Picture quality and UI isn't good. If you want a cheap TV look at the TCL 4 Series tvs, they are much better low-priced TVs
I beg to differ. I actually returned my TCL 4 series because I couldn't turn off the motion smoothing, there simply wasn't an option available. The omni and firetv series tvs have a ton more options available, including one to turn off dreaded soap opera effect.

The omni only cost $10 more than the 4 series TCL, and actually Amazon made a mistake refunding my shipping they gave me $230 instead of $203. So really the omni cost me $20 less than the (imo) inferior 4 series.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 29, 2007
6073 posts
6034 upvotes
No Bum Deals
epitaph wrote: Nobody should be buying a 60hz tv in 2022.
Hello young person. May I introduce an older person who doesn’t game and just watches broadcast TV.
. 🡻 ԀՈ ⅄∀Ϻ SIHꓕ 🡻
Deal Fanatic
Nov 29, 2007
6073 posts
6034 upvotes
No Bum Deals
Tumdace wrote: I beg to differ. I actually returned my TCL 4 series because I couldn't turn off the motion smoothing, there simply wasn't an option available. The omni and firetv series tvs have a ton more options available, including one to turn off dreaded soap opera effect.

The omni only cost $10 more than the 4 series TCL, and actually Amazon made a mistake refunding my shipping they gave me $230 instead of $203. So really the omni cost me $20 less than the (imo) inferior 4 series.
Aren’t they made by TCL and pretty much match the 4 series panels anyway?
. 🡻 ԀՈ ⅄∀Ϻ SIHꓕ 🡻
Jul 8, 2009
120 posts
175 upvotes
Toronto
pooper wrote: Hello young person. May I introduce an older person who doesn’t game and just watches broadcast TV.
I'm 54, thank you for your kindness.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 29, 2007
6073 posts
6034 upvotes
No Bum Deals
epitaph wrote: I'm 54, thank you for your kindness.
Younger than me ;)

There are still masses of factories with tooling for 60Hz panels, they are not going away any time soon, especially as there are folks who will buy them cheap as they do not need anything more.
. 🡻 ԀՈ ⅄∀Ϻ SIHꓕ 🡻
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
17811 posts
5762 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
pooper wrote: Aren’t they made by TCL and pretty much match the 4 series panels anyway?
Bit higher due to dolby vision, hdr10 etc.
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
17811 posts
5762 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
djn2525 wrote: Is the TCL 4 series actually better than this tv? It got worse ratings on RTINGS and has significantly lower brightness. (The roku model)

https://www.rtings.com/tv/tools/compare ... shold=0.03

The google tv version 4 series is pretty bad too and has an IPS panel which makes the black levels horrible.

https://www.rtings.com/tv/tools/compare ... shold=0.03
Hence the comments from informed actual users vs the non sense from other OPs sharing fud
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37133 upvotes
epitaph wrote: I'm 54, thank you for your kindness.
I almost upvoted you for expressing such vigor at 54 regarding refresh rate.

I actually agree that 60hz is often enough, but I hear your side as well.

God bless.
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
Jan 7, 2006
672 posts
225 upvotes
Price per inch is great regardless of picture quality. If people want something Large and don't care about features this will probably be a nice upgrade for them. I've never seen a horrible looking 4K tv when comparing it side by side with a 1080p or even 720p which most people are upgrading from.

If you bought a TV for $1000 or less 10 years ago this will be a nice upgrade for you regardless of the specs or what RTings say. The only bad thing is that you can't see this TV in person, but from Reviews I've seen this should be fine for most people. Picture Quality is about on Par with the TCL 5 series, just doesn't have all the features. Most reviews only said it was bad for the price, but there were comparable/better products if you spent a bit more or waited for a sale. Now at 40% off I don't think there is any TV at this size to price point that is comparable.

You're not getting a 65 inch tv that looks amazing for $629.99, but this TV punches well above it's weight for that price.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2004
2681 posts
1482 upvotes
Hometown
kjwilson wrote:
My only issue is you can't control the Amazon's with a universal/harmony remote.
So you even can't train your harmony remote to learn the commands at all? WOW That is interesting to know. Thanks for sharing.
Mar 3, 2018
857 posts
692 upvotes
Yeah for $630 for a 65” it’s not a bad deal if you’re looking for an SDR set. If you’re not paying for HDR steaming or playing HDR games, this will most likely be fine and the lack of local dimming won’t be a deal breaker. While this does support an HDR signal the display doesn’t have a wide enough color gamut or high enough peak brightness to really make it stand out.

If the majority of your watching is 1080P SDR or less, the diminishing returns of a more expensive set kick in rather rapidly.
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2013
2149 posts
1868 upvotes
How would this be coming from a 10 year old Panasonic Viera? I game on a Series S and the refresh rate and blacks are still amazing on this tv.
Mar 3, 2018
857 posts
692 upvotes
Wasp14 wrote: How would this be coming from a 10 year old Panasonic Viera? I game on a Series S and the refresh rate and blacks are still amazing on this tv.
It will probably be a decent upgrade. Even though it’s dim by LCD standards it’s still brighter than your plasma. You’re also getting a decent resolution upgrade since I don’t think that plasma is even 1080p.
Deal Expert
Oct 7, 2010
15536 posts
5790 upvotes
Wasp14 wrote: How would this be coming from a 10 year old Panasonic Viera? I game on a Series S and the refresh rate and blacks are still amazing on this tv.
Viera watching in the dark is still good. Maybe watching in daylight is not good.
Jun 16, 2009
713 posts
432 upvotes
Mississauga
I need the TV for Bedroom. NO Games. If I buy this TV, do I Need to buy Amazon Fire Stick to watch IPTV .
Jun 28, 2021
502 posts
682 upvotes
A lot of modern TVs can seem less impressive than a plasma TV. Black levels and color depth can be an issue on cheaper TVs, so the image may be brighter but seem washed out. Not to mention blur and motion trails from the panel struggling to keep up with things like sports.

It's worth looking at the reviews and checking the things you care about.

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/amazo ... mni-series

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)