Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Amazon -Panasonic coredless 4-Handset Landline Telephone $123.99

  • Last Updated:
  • Jun 15th, 2021 9:16 pm
[OP]
Sr. Member
Nov 6, 2014
816 posts
1388 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON

[Amazon.ca] Amazon -Panasonic coredless 4-Handset Landline Telephone $123.99

Great phone/brand at a discounted price.

Text to speech technology announces the caller's name in between rings
1.8" White backlit screen is easy to read even in low lighting conditions
Call Block eliminates up to 60 unwanted calls by sending a busy signal
Amber backlit keypad for quick & easy dialing in any lighting conditions
Built in answering machine for up to 15 minutes of calls. Frequency range - 1.92 GHz - 1.93 GHz

Also available at:
https://www.staples.ca/products/2126549 ... ng-machine
https://www.2001audiovideo.com/en/produ ... =KXTGD394B
https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/pa ... b/10414181
Image
Last edited by fordmaple on Jun 10th, 2021 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
24 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
4315 posts
2888 upvotes
Not that I am one of the few people that still uses a landline, but aren't there similar Panasonic sets at Costco for roughly half the price?
Sr. Member
Apr 12, 2013
613 posts
552 upvotes
BC
Upvote for the irony that you had to explain it was a landline phone! First time my kids saw one was in a museum in Alberta....... They still complain when calls don't have video.
Jr. Member
Apr 15, 2018
176 posts
120 upvotes
SizzleChest wrote: Not that I am one of the few people that still uses a landline, but aren't there similar Panasonic sets at Costco for roughly half the price?

Could you please post them? Gift for my daugher. thanks
Deal Guru
Oct 27, 2003
14512 posts
4981 upvotes
Toronto
Lots of great deals on these cordless landline phones in the used market, demand for these things is dropping like a rock. The phone set in the OP has mixed reviews on Amazon, people say there is poor handset range and audio quality.
Member
Nov 13, 2007
480 posts
284 upvotes
Ontario
I have one of these and can't even give them away.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
4315 posts
2888 upvotes
webeye wrote: Could you please post them? Gift for my daugher. thanks
I did not say they were on the website (nor did I look before I posted), but I'm fairly certain they have 2 or 3 different sets on the shelf whereas the website only has 1 set.

HERE is an expired 3-piece set for $60 from this past September.
Last edited by SizzleChest on Jun 10th, 2021 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Mar 6, 2003
15343 posts
6790 upvotes
Ottawa
webeye wrote: Could you please post them? Gift for my daugher. thanks
The 5 set Panasonic at Costco has been $100 online, I picked a set up back then.

costco-panasonic-5-handset-cordless-pho ... #p31752542
Resurrecting this thread.

The KX-TG175C are on sale now for $99.99 and I used my $20 off $100 newsletter subscription to bring it down to $90 all in.
The base station is much nicer.

As far as landline, I still want a central home number so I went with Zoomer Home Phone where you plug a landline handset into their cellular modem. So I keep my original landline number.

I pay $10 a month as long as you have a cell phone plan with them
Last edited by warpdrive on Jun 10th, 2021 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is RedFlagDeals, not RedFlagCheapskates. Rich or poor, we all want our deals so we can buy even more stuff we may or may not need.
Deal Guru
Oct 27, 2003
14512 posts
4981 upvotes
Toronto
gates59 wrote: I have one of these and can't even give them away.
In 2021, these really only make sense for remote / rural areas where you cannot get a reliable cell signal. Of course there is also the $30+ a month cost for the landline to use it.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 4, 2013
1003 posts
393 upvotes
Surrey, BC (GVR)
I have used Panasonic cordless phones for years. They are cheap, and the voice quality is pretty good, but I have found that I have to replace them every couple of years because the base chargers burn out. On my latest set I just pull the batteries out and use a separate charger.
Please check my feedback:
RFD
HWC
Heatware
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 4, 2013
1003 posts
393 upvotes
Surrey, BC (GVR)
Kurtz7834 wrote: In 2021, these really only make sense for remote / rural areas where you cannot get a reliable cell signal. Of course there is also the $30+ a month cost for the landline to use it.
I have kids. My kids always have their cell phones on silent. If I need to call home this rings and they answer it. Weird how that works. Also, I like to have this kicking around for emergencies, etc. I only pay Ooma $5 month for their service so it's no biggy fee wise.
Please check my feedback:
RFD
HWC
Heatware
Deal Expert
User avatar
Mar 6, 2003
15343 posts
6790 upvotes
Ottawa
warpdrive wrote: As far as landline, I still want a central home number so I went with Zoomer Home Phone where you plug a landline handset into their cellular modem. So I keep my original landline number.

I pay $10 a month as long as you have a cell phone plan with them
quoting myself

This is great if you like Zoomer and intend to stay with them. I moved off landline and ported here to keep my home phone number. Then I have my Panasonic cordless plugged into it.
Images
  • Capture.PNG
This is RedFlagDeals, not RedFlagCheapskates. Rich or poor, we all want our deals so we can buy even more stuff we may or may not need.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 19, 2005
4490 posts
1390 upvotes
Don't know why anyone would pay more than $60 for something like the OP. I got a free set of 3 like that in mint condition, including the rechargeable AAA batteries. Often I see them listed in BST for $20-$30 in great condition.
signature closed for renovation
[OP]
Sr. Member
Nov 6, 2014
816 posts
1388 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
We're now deciding what a product should cost base on someone's use? haha....like buying a premium cellphone at $1500 makes sense. This may not be for all especially if you're in an apartment or condo but if you own a house .....it makes sense. I don't carry my cell phone throughout the house and have these conveniently spread throughout the house.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Dec 16, 2007
743 posts
278 upvotes
Mississauga
I bought the Panasonic phone at Costco and use the LinktoCell feature which basically links your cell phone to the Panasonic phone base using Bluetooth, so you can basically make calls and pick up from any handsets in the house. Got it for my parents when I disconnected their landline phone that Bell was charging $40 with no features and got them on Zoomer $36 plan so they could have at lease 4GB internet and Canada wide calls. The long distance rates on Bell were stupid expensive - they charge a long distance connection fee and then by the minute!
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Sep 7, 2004
6247 posts
2624 upvotes
West GTEH!
dragonflower77 wrote: I bought the Panasonic phone at Costco and use the LinktoCell feature which basically links your cell phone to the Panasonic phone base using Bluetooth, so you can basically make calls and pick up from any handsets in the house. Got it for my parents when I disconnected their landline phone that Bell was charging $40 with no features and got them on Zoomer $36 plan so they could have at lease 4GB internet and Canada wide calls. The long distance rates on Bell were stupid expensive - they charge a long distance connection fee and then by the minute!
B(H)ell has been ripping off customers with their Landline Long Distance charges for Decades.
I don't know why people still use Bell Landline Long Distance when there are other options available (VOIP, Ooma, Zoomer Home Phone, Koodo Home Phone, etc).
😎
Jr. Member
Apr 15, 2018
176 posts
120 upvotes
crazyea wrote: I have used Panasonic cordless phones for years. They are cheap, and the voice quality is pretty good, but I have found that I have to replace them every couple of years because the base chargers burn out. On my latest set I just pull the batteries out and use a separate charger.
I have had mine -3 phone set + answering machine going for MANY years. I have had to buy new batteries. Also no screen display problems. My daughter has had hers (different model than mine) for many years. She has some screen display problems on 2 out of 3 phones.

Top