Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

(AMAZON) Philips Sonicare Flexcare Platinum + Sanitizer HX9172/15 $99.99

[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
2093 posts
826 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] (AMAZON) Philips Sonicare Flexcare Platinum + Sanitizer HX9172/15 $99.99

Have the Oral B 5000 but this looks like the lowest price on Amazon for this brush in a year. Much better looking than my 5000.

21 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2005
4455 posts
8626 upvotes
Abbotsford B.C.
now if we could only find heads for cheaper than $5 each Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
May 20, 2007
58 posts
anyone know how philips compare to oral b stuff? Was comparing this brand to the oral b 5000 that's also on sale.
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2010
2126 posts
1545 upvotes
slayerx01 wrote: anyone know how philips compare to oral b stuff? Was comparing this brand to the oral b 5000 that's also on sale.
I prefer Sonicare to any Oral B toothbrush. Oral B's sound like diesel engines when you're using them and the brush head is much smaller.
Jul 11, 2016
100 posts
69 upvotes
How is this vs the diamond brush? Has anyone out there tried these?
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2007
1208 posts
362 upvotes
Brampton
Your dentist does not want you investing in a sonicare because it means less trips and bills made to his/her office.
Oct 14, 2009
130 posts
48 upvotes
vancouver
karvagio wrote: How is this vs the diamond brush? Has anyone out there tried these?
I have the older version of the linked one for 6.5 years now. The rubber is falling apart and the battery life is shorter, but damn, it's still going strong.

I don't think there is much of a difference other than the modes, charging base, and the brush head itself.
I've only used the clean mode, the rest are a bit of a gimmick.

The diamondclean brush heads are compatible with this version. I've been using them and they're quite good.
Apr 29, 2017
143 posts
51 upvotes
Dildo
Philips sonicare have phenomenal build quality. Oral b brushes are noisy and rattly but I just find the oscillating heads easier on my gums.

I wish Phillips made an oscillating brush
Dec 23, 2010
277 posts
343 upvotes
Toronto
I've read about Oral B having very slight edge when it comes to plaque removal, of course the trade off is the noise.

Costco has 2 brushes + Sanitizer for $170
Dec 25, 2006
669 posts
617 upvotes
Winnipeg
In my own trial/experience the Oral B does not clean as well as the Sonicare.
My many years old Sonicare wasn't working too well so I bought & started to use an Oral B immediately following a cleaning at the dentist - 4 months later the hygenist asked me if I was still brushing every day as the buildup was heavy, contrary to earlier cleanings.
I switched back to a new Sonicare immediately & 4 months later buildup was very minor. All cleanings since have been excellent as well.
People will believe what they want to believe whether fact or fiction.
'tis most frustrating when they aren't open to see and/or learn which is which.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
2093 posts
826 upvotes
Never used the Sonicare power brushes before, are the brush heads like Oral B interchangeable between different models? Always heard that their brushes were far more expensive than Oral B ones. I only use the Chinese clones brush heads from sites like Ali but looking I see they make clones for the Phillip brushes as well.

https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?ca ... um+brushes

Furthermore, one thing I hate about the Oral B models is the nickel battery they use, do the Phillips use lithium batteries and more durable than the former? I see from this model I posted you get a hell a lot more accessories than the 5000, a nice case, 2 brush heads, 2 chargers and the sanitization thingy.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
2093 posts
826 upvotes
I answered my own questions:

Since it last 3 weeks must be a lithium battery and it is up to 240 volts so this works for travelling abroad unlike the oral b models that require a power converter. I will try it since my oral B is 2 years old and the nickel battery will probably die in another year.

You get so much more accessories with this package than what they gave for the 5000.

A very thorough review I found:

https://moo.review/philips-sonicare-fle ... um-review/
Dec 18, 2016
8 posts
6 upvotes
Edmonton
Thanks for sharing. This is a really decent deal! I've bought it.
I'm using Oral-B which is very noisy with strong vibrations. It cann't be used aboard directly because of the voltage.
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2013
1009 posts
1753 upvotes
Kingston, ON
I just refreshed the link and price jumped to 132.88. shoot.
Mar 1, 2014
5 posts
Burnaby
London drugs used to have this for the same price during Black Friday. Plus if you use Masterpass to pay for that, there is a $25 off which makes it $75 + tax.
Oct 25, 2011
151 posts
74 upvotes
Ajax
So if you can price match this with bestbuy, you could also use the manufacture coupon from SDM for another $20 off....

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)