Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

Amazon Prime Day (early deals) - 2 Echo Dots (3rd gen) for $49.98

  • Last Updated:
  • Oct 9th, 2020 3:33 am
[OP]
Banned
Jul 12, 2005
610 posts
417 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Amazon Prime Day (early deals) - 2 Echo Dots (3rd gen) for $49.98

Amazon Prime Day (early deals) - 2 Echo Dots for $49.98 (3rd gen)

https://www.amazon.ca/primeday
Last edited by TomRFD on Sep 28th, 2020 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated title
Thread Summary
Echo Dot (3rd gen) - Smart speaker with Alexa - Charcoal $54.99 regular price

APD Deal: 2 for $49.98
126 replies
Member
Nov 30, 2007
216 posts
140 upvotes
It's been nearly a year since Fire TV 4K was $39.99...waiting patiently for another sale...
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 31, 2007
4968 posts
3126 upvotes
I've had both Alexa and Google (Home).

I wanted to like Alexa just because calling your device Alexa is farrrrrr more satisfying than ever saying "Okay Google" all the time, but the Alexa AI is just plain dumb by comparison and relies too heavily on specific trigger words, her voice is also way too robotic. Google you can ask more detailed and intelligent questions and it'll at least make an effort to try to figure out what you're asking. I will say, I swear Google Home has been getting dumber lately than when I first got it a year or two ago.

Regardless, I'd buy any of the devices at full price just for the simple command of "Alexa/Okay Google SET TIMER 10 minutes." I use it at least 5x a day.
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2011
4702 posts
4122 upvotes
Calgary
RiCHC3 wrote: I've had both Alexa and Google (Home).

I wanted to like Alexa just because calling your device Alexa is farrrrrr more satisfying than ever saying "Okay Google" all the time, but the Alexa AI is just plain dumb by comparison and relies too heavily on specific trigger words, her voice is also way too robotic. Google you can ask more detailed and intelligent questions and it'll at least make an effort to try to figure out what you're asking. I will say, I swear Google Home has been getting dumber lately than when I first got it a year or two ago.

Regardless, I'd buy any of the devices at full price just for the simple command of "Alexa/Okay Google SET TIMER 10 minutes." I use it at least 5x a day.
FYI, You can change Alexa's trigger word to say "Computer", "Echo" or "Amazon" instead.
teksavvy sucks
Member
Nov 1, 2018
247 posts
438 upvotes
Burnaby
fox29 wrote: It's been nearly a year since Fire TV 4K was $39.99...waiting patiently for another sale...
Holy shit, you're right, time flies... I'm remembering the past 6 months based on which RFD deals I've taken advantage of, smh
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jan 12, 2017
20067 posts
5765 upvotes
Scarberia
umadbrah wrote: FYI, You can change Alexa's trigger word to say "Computer", "Echo" or "Amazon" instead.
Ya but u can't create ur own custom trigger words! Also I'd like it if any of them had a Clapping Hands Sign clapping sound to trigger lights on off!
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to [email protected] stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Banned
Sep 27, 2020
2 posts
1 upvote
Singapore
I already have an Amazon Echo dot, mostly I use to set the timer during working hours. It is easy compared to watch or phone!
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 27, 2002
1286 posts
106 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
mikka2017 wrote: Ya but u can't create ur own custom trigger words! Also I'd like it if any of them had a Clapping Hands Sign clapping sound to trigger lights on off!
That would be cool (and retro) like the clapper Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Guru
User avatar
Apr 10, 2011
10331 posts
19177 upvotes
Montreal
RiCHC3 wrote: (...) I wanted to like Alexa just because calling your device Alexa is farrrrrr more satisfying than ever saying "Okay Google" all the time, (...)
If you don't like "Okay Google", you can say:

"Hey poodle" :)
Sr. Member
Oct 2, 2019
885 posts
801 upvotes
Nunavut
Temporel wrote: If you don't like "Okay Google", you can say:

"Hey poodle" :)
Hey boo boo
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 20, 2016
1134 posts
1144 upvotes
Toronto
"ok boomer" also works for google home Electric Light Bulb
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2006
1692 posts
811 upvotes
The new echo dot looks great

This is meh just getting rid of old stock
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Nov 29, 2007
5575 posts
5276 upvotes
No Bum Deals
RiCHC3 wrote: I've had both Alexa and Google (Home).
Once you learn Alexas nuances I find you can actually get more done with a better range of skills and integration on offer. I totally agree about timers especially named timers when cooking.
. 🢂 4x Telus Endless 25GB - Shared Pool 100GB [$30] | 2x CAN-US 200min [$0] | 5x CAN-US PoM Tablet+Data [$0] | 1x PoM Watch Cellular [$0] 🢀
🢂
Bodgers Bus. Grade 500u 3yr [$50] 🢀
Sr. Member
Jun 13, 2017
671 posts
459 upvotes
Ajax, Ontario
Amazon Prime Day is coming? Sigh... Time to remove Redflagdeals and Amazon from bookmarks...
"If you offend the OP instead of thanking him, I will gladly report you for either harassment or off-topic."

ArloCopter
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2007
3145 posts
2716 upvotes
Cambridge
fox29 wrote: It's been nearly a year since Fire TV 4K was $39.99...waiting patiently for another sale...
Same here but now I'm wondering if I should get one if it goes on sale or wait for the new Google Sabrina device.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2012
15427 posts
10069 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Have to put 2 in the cart, then add code!
Deal Expert
User avatar
Apr 21, 2004
56450 posts
21454 upvotes
My first gen Google Home is deaf or is plain lazy.

First gen Alexa (the tall cylinder one) is a lot more responsive. Good thing my ST hub is paired with Alexa and not the GH.
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2009
1316 posts
613 upvotes
Laval
orbitdesign wrote: Same here but now I'm wondering if I should get one if it goes on sale or wait for the new Google Sabrina device.
Google TV device is supposed to be out Wednesday in the states. Lets hope it's the same in Canada! I'll be picking that up since my house in already in the Google Home ecosystem. I do have a firestick though and I have no problems with it.
Last edited by Gary320 on Sep 28th, 2020 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 15, 2005
4293 posts
2060 upvotes
fox29 wrote: It's been nearly a year since Fire TV 4K was $39.99...waiting patiently for another sale...
I scored it for $35 during Black Friday last year, here's hoping it goes that low again.

Top