Amazon Prime Day late deliveries? Complain and get a credit

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 20th, 2018 5:02 pm
[OP]
May 18, 2007
184 posts
287 upvotes

Amazon Prime Day late deliveries? Complain and get a credit

If you received an order late from prime day you can contact customer service via chat and complain. Usually they will apologize and offer a promotional credit or extra month of prime membership for the delay.
I had requested same day shipping on some items and they arrived 3 days later. Today I chatted with the very helpful CSR and he offered a $10 credit for future purchases.
9 replies
Banned
Jan 11, 2016
446 posts
323 upvotes
Made in Canada
I think if you complain about anything on Amazon via their chat, you'll get something out of it.
[OP]
May 18, 2007
184 posts
287 upvotes
This could be more relevant to a larger group of people because Amazon had record sales on prime day and probably many orders got delayed.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2008
2438 posts
3294 upvotes
Langley, BC
I asked them to change my shipping address on an "in progress" order and they gave me 1 free month extension on my Prime.

Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes

He said "sorry for the inconvenience, I will credit your account 1 month"...

Not sure what inconvenience he was talking about, but I'll take anything :)
Jun 10, 2013
2 posts
Montréal
I did, got 20$ and they expedited the shipping a day later after I complained the two day shipping was going to take 5 days
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
18685 posts
3305 upvotes
GTA West
You should not make threads like this on RFD. If everyone complains, Amazon will find a way to stop giving credits.
What if there were no hypothetical questions?
Deal Addict
May 25, 2011
1976 posts
1586 upvotes
SAINT JOHN
Something to think about while you wait for your deliveries.

https://www.facebook.com/vicenews/video ... 147434328/

VICE News Tonight
Amazon's Flex Delivery Program Is a Disaster For Workers
app-facebook
VICE News
16 hours ago

Prime Day was a huge success for Amazon's - and Jeff Bezos' - bottom line. But your great deals may have been delivered by a driver who, as an independent contractor, gets no benefits, few hours, and has to pay for their own gas.

(via HBO)
...Location: GTA North

If this post has helped you please click the 'THANKS' button.

GTA Grocery Highlights (updated weekly) thread

[WTB] Looking for a Netbook for $150 or under (~$100). Please let me know if you have one for sale. Willing to part trade stuff or labour.
Jun 19, 2018
1 posts
worked for me as well when the shipment was delayed by a day.
Jan 26, 2018
576 posts
269 upvotes
My 16th order hasn't arrived today, so my second chat with amazon get me one month prime extended, TBH, not really interested in it, I just want my package.

This morning I had a chat with amazon again, because the package has tracking number but doesn't move at all for 2 days, so they replace/refunded my orders :-(

This is really the worst experience with amazon so far.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
3152 posts
1863 upvotes
Vancouver
You do realize that complaining does get noted on your profile. Now that isn't exactly a bad thing most of the time but if you actually run into problems later with future purchases, refer to the boy who cried wolf.

I would whether have the leverage of saying i rarely complained when i actually run into a problem (say a $1k+ order on computer parts, a tv, or something like that) vs being known as a complainer for small amount of credits...