Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Amazon Prime Day-- Routers-- Deal of the Day

  • Last Updated:
  • Jul 19th, 2018 10:08 am
[OP]
Newbie
Jun 12, 2018
26 posts
30 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Amazon Prime Day-- Routers-- Deal of the Day

37 replies
Jr. Member
Nov 26, 2011
160 posts
43 upvotes
CALGARY
any switches on sale?
the website keeps redirect my search results and crash.
[OP]
Newbie
Jun 12, 2018
26 posts
30 upvotes
Newbie
Nov 27, 2016
36 posts
45 upvotes
Toronto
Any recommendations for a good router at a reasonable price? I'm thinking about getting a router to bridge with my Hitron CGN3 modem. The TP-LInk AC1750 (Archer C7) looks good but is there anything I should know about it or should I get a different router all together?
[OP]
Newbie
Jun 12, 2018
26 posts
30 upvotes
PurplishSocks wrote: Any recommendations for a good router at a reasonable price? I'm eyeing the TP-LInk AC1750 (Archer C7).
I think C7 at 74.99 is definitely the lowest price ever, it normally goes at like $89.99. Also C7 has consistently been one of the number 1 router choice on amazon, so i would recommend it.
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2017
1795 posts
1449 upvotes
Waterloo
anyone wanna explain to me why you would want AV2000 powerline adapters?

Your router/switches are gigabit. Your computer's ethernet port is gigabit. Your modem from the ISP are gigabit. Your cat6 cables are gigabit. Why do you need 2000mbps powerlines when none of your other produces can exceed 1000mbps?

(unless you're running 10 gigabit line which almost everyone aren't)
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 6, 2007
2429 posts
1474 upvotes
Niagara On The Lake
Question for the router gurus. I have a Bell Hub 3000 modem/router which is running my wifi network. In some spots the signal is weak and I could use a range extender. I also have a C7 Archer sitting unused. Can this be used as a range extender or do I need something special?
Thanks in advance.
Come visit Niagara On The Lake
Voted Prettiest, Friendliest & Most Haunted town in Canada
Support local small business
Sr. Member
Jun 19, 2015
758 posts
689 upvotes
PurplishSocks wrote: Any recommendations for a good router at a reasonable price? I'm thinking about getting a router to bridge with my Hitron CGN3 modem. The TP-LInk AC1750 (Archer C7) looks good but is there anything I should know about it or should I get a different router all together?
I've set up 10+ of them and wouldn't even hesitate to buy it especially for $75
[OP]
Newbie
Jun 12, 2018
26 posts
30 upvotes
StealthFinder wrote: Question for the router gurus. I have a Bell Hub 3000 modem/router which is running my wifi network. In some spots the signal is weak and I could use a range extender. I also have a C7 Archer sitting unused. Can this be used as a range extender or do I need something special?
Thanks in advance.
I would suggest to turn off the "router" feature on your modem/router. Meaning only use Bell Hub 3000 as the modem and connect it to Archer C7 Router, try that and your signal should improve. C7 is a only router, not range extender.
Jr. Member
Jul 30, 2005
142 posts
13 upvotes
Scarborough
TP-Link AC2600 (RE650), MSRP $159.99-- Sale $99.99 (40% OFF) vs, TP-LInk AC1750 (Archer C7), MSRP $119.99-- Sale $74.99 (40% OFF)

Which is the better deal between the two only for the purposes of a range extender?

Thanks!
Newbie
Nov 27, 2016
36 posts
45 upvotes
Toronto
SmithQ123 wrote: I think C7 at 74.99 is definitely the lowest price ever, it normally goes at like $89.99. Also C7 has consistently been one of the number 1 router choice on amazon, so i would recommend it.
saberon2016 wrote: I've set up 10+ of them and wouldn't even hesitate to buy it especially for $75
I see that the A7 is on Amazon.com for $80 USD. I have a friend who's coming back from the US next week so would it be better to get that instead?
Sr. Member
Feb 18, 2014
641 posts
1245 upvotes
PurplishSocks wrote: Any recommendations for a good router at a reasonable price? I'm thinking about getting a router to bridge with my Hitron CGN3 modem. The TP-LInk AC1750 (Archer C7) looks good but is there anything I should know about it or should I get a different router all together?
Not sure where you are located but Walmart has the C7 on clearance in-store for even cheaper. YMMV since the pricing/store stock info on the website is pretty inaccurate but it might be worthwhile to check out your local store.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Oct 24, 2003
934 posts
358 upvotes
North York
Sicklyslick wrote: anyone wanna explain to me why you would want AV2000 powerline adapters?

Your router/switches are gigabit. Your computer's ethernet port is gigabit. Your modem from the ISP are gigabit. Your cat6 cables are gigabit. Why do you need 2000mbps powerlines when none of your other produces can exceed 1000mbps?

(unless you're running 10 gigabit line which almost everyone aren't)
The number in all powerline adapters are exaggerated and is counted towards both transmission and reception rates (i.e. 1000Mbps TX + 1000Mbps RX = 2000Mbps). So your AV500 adapters, is only good for 250 in each direction. Likewise, AV200 would be 100 in each direction. Also, unlike MOCA, very rarely do you get the maximum throughput. Depending on your home's powerline wiring, you could get well below the advertised rating. Say you get this kit, you maybe lucky to hit 600Mbps, or it could go much lower. So your other gigabit interfaces would not be the limiting factor.
Sr. Member
Jan 19, 2007
870 posts
490 upvotes
SmithQ123 wrote: I think C7 at 74.99 is definitely the lowest price ever, it normally goes at like $89.99. Also C7 has consistently been one of the number 1 router choice on amazon, so i would recommend it.
The Walmart thread posted a few times here in the last couple days has the Archer C7 available for $58...if there's one available nearby.

Top