Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] AMAZON PRIME DEAL - Xbox One X - $ 499 - ADD IN CART TO SEE PRICE

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 18th, 2018 6:17 am
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2017
3672 posts
610 upvotes
500 for 4K games My tv isn’t even hdr. Pos cheap cheap avera I don’t even game much. Might wait til it gets in 400 range or use my SDM points
*SIG: OptiPlex™ 790 i5-2400 @3.1ghz 12gb DDR3 ram win10pro w/radeon rx460 rogers 500u @$24.99 using D-Link DIR-890L AC3200
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2011
1451 posts
812 upvotes
Windsor
You should get the F&F discount in SDM combined with 20X points. Same price but u get $150 worth of points.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
2159 posts
1127 upvotes
Vancouver
mymuro wrote:
Jul 18th, 2018 1:10 am
You should get the F&F discount in SDM combined with 20X points. Same price but u get $150 worth of points.
Thing is there was no coupons today in the app for WUS... forget 20x points. I had 20x points for tmr listed but nothing today. It has become a trend lately so the days of 20% + 20x (or even 15x) might be over. Still 20% off is probably one of the better deals unless you wait for their to be a sale and 20x pts (could happen around BF, SDM generally has a mega electronic sale the week before).
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
2159 posts
1127 upvotes
Vancouver
mikka2017 wrote:
Jul 18th, 2018 1:05 am
500 for 4K games My tv isn’t even hdr. Pos cheap cheap avera I don’t even game much. Might wait til it gets in 400 range or use my SDM points
Even not hdr, 4k looks better than non 4k so it does make a difference. Of course it also depends on how much you game too.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2011
1451 posts
812 upvotes
Windsor
Paigne wrote:
Jul 18th, 2018 1:19 am
Thing is there was no coupons today in the app for WUS... forget 20x points. I had 20x points for tmr listed but nothing today. It has become a trend lately so the days of 20% + 20x (or even 15x) might be over. Still 20% off is probably one of the better deals unless you wait for their to be a sale and 20x pts (could happen around BF, SDM generally has a mega electronic sale the week before).
Check the other thread. Ppl created new accounts which would give u a 20x coupon until 25th.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
2159 posts
1127 upvotes
Vancouver
mymuro wrote:
Jul 18th, 2018 2:01 am
Check the other thread. Ppl created new accounts which would give u a 20x coupon until 25th.
Just noticed that in the 20% thread but question is if this is a new user promo or an ongoing thing. Its a hassle for smaller items but might be worthwhile if you want a console i guess (assuming its ongoing).
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2018
1773 posts
1539 upvotes
Paigne wrote:
Jul 17th, 2018 11:50 pm
If you game in 4k/HDR you want pro or one X. One X has better hardware than Pro but being a neutral gamer, i can say you really wont notice a difference because developers are ensuring they stay within pro limitations because it makes more sense to sell on both platform vs just one. Only reason to get either is gaming.

One S is basically a 1080p gaming console that can upscale to 4k. It feels like one X used to load games faster than PS4 Pro (tho not a big difference) before i swapped in a SSD in my pro but now its not a fair comparison. One X loads games a lot faster than one S for comparison
This is not true, it's a reassuring canard floating around the PS4 community. The Xbox X games generally look better and run better than the PS4 Pro. My apologies if this comes off as unduly curt, these subjects drive passion in me.

Here are 5 AAA games demonstrating this point:
https://www.windowscentral.com/5-games- ... ed-ps4-pro

Examples:
Star Wars: Battlefront II was one of last year's most impressive titles, and as such is a fantastic game to use as a measurement of the Xbox One X's power. The Xbox One X is capable of achieving native 4K resolution (3840x2160p) with Battlefront II while also often keeping the experience at 60 frames per second (FPS).

The PS4 Pro manages to stabilize at 60 FPS more often, but only slightly. Also, the maximum resolution you can play Battlefront II at on the console is just a 1440p. Xbox One X is much more capable of handling the galaxy far, far away.
The recent Rise of the Tomb Raider game is another place where the power of the Xbox One X shines. Both consoles can reach 4K here (locked at 30 FPS) but the Xbox One X does it natively while the PS4 Pro does it through checkerboarding
In 2016's Hitman, the Xbox One X outperforms the PS4 Pro by a wide margin. On the One X, the game runs at either native 4K 30 FPS if you're playing on the normal settings or 1440p 60 FPS if you're playing in performance mode. In comparison, the PS4 Pro can only manage to run the game at 1440p, maximum.
The Xbox One X almost manages to run last year's Assassin's Creed: Origins at native 4K, hitting 2016p whilst maintaining a mostly stable 30 FPS that only dips a little bit in cutscenes. In comparison, the PS4 Pro's resolution is lower at 1584p. In addition to this, the framerate on PS4 Pro also drops from 30 into the low twenties in intensive gameplay moments or in cutscenes. Though both consoles drop frames in these instances, the Xbox One X overall keeps its framerate higher.
Both the Xbox One X and the PS4 Pro can run The Witcher 3 with 4K resolution and a locked framerate of 30 FPS, but the Xbox One X is capable of achieving this natively while the PS4 Pro has to resort to checkerboarding.
I don't want to get into a back-and-forth here, my aim is to clearly inform the consumer before purchase.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
2159 posts
1127 upvotes
Vancouver
redflagdealsguy wrote:
Jul 18th, 2018 4:24 am
This is not true, it's a reassuring canard floating around the PS4 community. The Xbox X games generally look better and run better than the PS4 Pro.

Here are 5 AAA games demonstrating this point:
https://www.windowscentral.com/5-games- ... ed-ps4-pro

Examples:

I don't want to get into a back-and-forth here, my aim is to clearly inform the consumer before purchase.
There will be cases where one x will have better graphics because pro has to cheat or simulate to get to 60fps at 4k... in those cases one x will look better. The catch is those games generally are the exception, not the norm. Generally speaking, most of the time its the same or very close that the appeal of which console really comes down to which console your friends have and/or which controller you prefer. That or which console has more exclusive titles you like (generally speaking, thats ps for me).

I have both but i stopped renewing gold for one x since only a couple of my friends have one x and majority game on ps4. For games i dont plan on playing online, i might get on one x just to reduce the number of times i need to swap disc (yeah sometime i get lazy lol). Im debating if i want switch online member in 2 months still since i haved played online with my switch in 2 months (tho i have played switch more this month than one x due to xenoblade expansion coming soon and i never finished collecting the rare blades).

Side note, why are all the prime deal theeads still in hot deal...
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2018
1773 posts
1539 upvotes
Paigne wrote:
Jul 18th, 2018 5:06 am
There will be cases where one x will have better graphics because pro has to cheat or simulate to get to 60fps at 4k... in those cases one x will look better. The catch is those games generally are the exception, not the norm. Generally speaking, most of the time its the same or very close that the appeal of which console really comes down to which console your friends have and/or which controller you prefer. That or which console has more exclusive titles you like (generally speaking, thats ps for me).

I have both but i stopped renewing gold for one x since only a couple of my friends have one x and majority game on ps4. For games i dont plan on playing online, i might get on one x just to reduce the number of times i need to swap disc (yeah sometime i get lazy lol). Im debating if i want switch online member in 2 months still since i haved played online with my switch in 2 months (tho i have played switch more this month than one x due to xenoblade expansion coming soon and i never finished collecting the rare blades).

Side note, why are all the prime deal theeads still in hot deal...
I agree that the PS4 community is larger and more vibrant in North America, and that's the deciding factor over graphics at the margin for many gamers. The graphics on both systems are in the ballpark or each other, and the difference between upscaled 1440p and 4K is not necessarily a big deal for people.

The Prime deals are hanging around for the nostalgia factor....? I'm not sure, could be a slow morning for clean up.
Dec 4, 2016
20 posts
1 upvote
quiet happy though earlier also I have earned the 50 Points and fam you can check the coupons to ran points