• Last Updated:
  • Oct 6th, 2020 4:12 am
[OP]
Nov 4, 2018
33 posts
83 upvotes

Amazon Return Policy Update

Spoke to Amazon Canada rep, asking if they offered this policy. Their response:
Yes, I've checked and seems it's also available for Canada Items shipped by Amazon.ca between October 1, 2020 and December 31, 2020, may be returned until January 31, 2021, for a full refund, subject to our other return guidelines policies:

https://www.amazon.ca/help/returns/

It's important to remember that items ordered from Marketplace sellers sometimes aren't fulfilled by Amazon.ca. Some sellers maintain different holiday return policies, which can be viewed in the seller’s information. Is there anything else I can do for you today?
23 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
2959 posts
3948 upvotes
BC
Scared me for a second, thought amazon scrapped their free returns.
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2011
1328 posts
2507 upvotes
I appreciate knowing this as now i can wait for Black Friday/ boxing deals and buy without worrying. This is great to know especially since Amazon doesn't offer price matching!

Plus for me, I don't usually follow any other forums outside of the hot deals one lol
Last edited by jetertmac on Oct 5th, 2020 2:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dec 10, 2014
768 posts
588 upvotes
Toronto, ON
this happens literally every year for their holiday return policy
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2006
1332 posts
726 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
Nothing new... it's their extended return policies for the holidays.
Jun 16, 2007
841 posts
391 upvotes
McGarnagle wrote: this happens literally every year for their holiday return policy
doesn't usually start this early though, does it?
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2004
10584 posts
1336 upvotes
Brampton
Furtive wrote: doesn't usually start this early though, does it?
Yea oct is really early for the xmas holidays but im guessing with covid, this is their strategy to boost sales.
HEATWARE AT 64-0-0. Ebay Feedback 200+ and counting. RFD Feedback 63-0-0 and counting.
Nov 27, 2016
226 posts
180 upvotes
m8x
I've returned several items, mostly from third-party marketplace sellers who can be very sketchy. I've always had very positive experiences with Amazon customer service with exception of a few incidents, again with the marketplace sellers who have their own unique return policies. Amazon will intercede with sellers and make things right provided you have your issue clear before you call them so that there's no ambiguity.

One issue I discovered by accident was when you select the reason for the return and for example you choose "no longer needed" you will be charged for return shipping, which will be deducted from your refund. I didn't realize this and was us surprised when the refund got processed.
Last edited by echotango on Oct 5th, 2020 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apr 28, 2010
339 posts
313 upvotes
Terrace
echotango wrote: I've returned several items, mostly from third-party marketplace sellers who can be very sketchy. I've always have very positive experiences with Amazon customer service with exception of a few incidents, again with the marketplace sellers who have their own unique return policies. Amazon will intercede with sellers and make things right provided you have your issue clear before you call them so that there's no ambiguity.

One issue I discovered by accident was when you select the reason for the return and you choose "no longer needed" you will be charged for return shipping, which will be deducted from your refund. I didn't realize this and was us surprised when the refund got processed.
Always choose "inadequate performance" or whatever it is called to avoid paying return shipping.
Deal Guru
Jun 1, 2006
12049 posts
15237 upvotes
Furtive wrote: doesn't usually start this early though, does it?
That's the thing. Most retailers have this extended return policy for the holidays but never this early.
Have a nice day!

Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2011
1328 posts
2507 upvotes
heero78 wrote: Always choose "inadequate performance" or whatever it is called to avoid paying return shipping.
Hey, friendly tip. Don’t share that stuff on here. An amazon staff member may see that comment and going forward thanks to a wonderful suggestion decide change that going forward for us.
Apr 26, 2019
287 posts
375 upvotes
jetertmac wrote: Hey, friendly tip. Don’t share that stuff on here. An amazon staff member may see that comment and going forward thanks to a wonderful suggestion decide change that going forward for us.
I could be wrong, but I really don't think the most valuable company in the world is going to change a policy because of a post on a forum. They have far more sophisticated processes and algorithms that drive their policy decisions.
Sep 20, 2011
56 posts
159 upvotes
GordonGartrelle wrote: I could be wrong, but I really don't think the most valuable company in the world is going to change a policy because of a post on a forum. They have far more sophisticated processes and algorithms that drive their policy decisions.
But look at this boss, it's been viewed by 37 users now. Bezos would need our support to run his family.
Sep 25, 2009
351 posts
239 upvotes
I havent shopped too much on amazon and I am looking to get an SSD but not sure if I really want it....
How does return actually work for opened electronics like that?
Would really appreciate if someone can chime in
Apr 29, 2018
19 posts
strikeraj wrote: I havent shopped too much on amazon and I am looking to get an SSD but not sure if I really want it....
How does return actually work for opened electronics like that?
Would really appreciate if someone can chime in
I don't think you'll have any problems returning an ssd as long as you don't deliberately damage it. Amazon is pretty liberal with returns.