Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Amazon - Ring Alarm Keypad $48.75 [regular $65]

  • Last Updated:
  • Apr 20th, 2020 10:05 pm
[OP]
Newbie
Nov 9, 2017
25 posts
74 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Amazon - Ring Alarm Keypad $48.75 [regular $65]

Image
81 replies
Newbie
Feb 20, 2019
72 posts
93 upvotes
Montreal
As usual with Ring product on Amazon, no QC
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
3216 posts
1570 upvotes
Pretty happy with my Ring system so far but still hoping for a glass break sensor and secondary siren to be made available.
Newbie
Jan 31, 2016
28 posts
22 upvotes
Looks like they just launched the gen 2 system. I was hoping that the 10 piece set would go on sale for Easter back down to the $180USD price that I scored a few months ago for a gift.

I am also very happy with my system especially after integrating with Alexa and home assistant.
Newbie
Jan 11, 2011
56 posts
58 upvotes
Markham
I wonder if the new motion sensors and other accessories work with the old system?
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
32029 posts
17917 upvotes
Ottawa
vtsui1981 wrote: I wonder if the new motion sensors and other accessories work with the old system?
Old system?

Edit: NVM, looks like a redesign.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 20, 2007
1501 posts
142 upvotes
AnthonyC164432 wrote: Looks like they just launched the gen 2 system. I was hoping that the 10 piece set would go on sale for Easter back down to the $180USD price that I scored a few months ago for a gift.

I am also very happy with my system especially after integrating with Alexa and home assistant.
Cant seem to tell the difference between 1st and 2and gen. Besides the look.
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2010
3449 posts
890 upvotes
SammyC wrote: As usual with Ring product on Amazon, no QC
Isn't that Ring alarm in general? It's because they can't offer monitoring in Quebec.
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2010
3449 posts
890 upvotes
locodawg wrote: Cant seem to tell the difference between 1st and 2and gen. Besides the look.
Looks much nicer, though - the contacts are no longer comically large and the keypad is a more appropriate size.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
3216 posts
1570 upvotes
vtsui1981 wrote: I wonder if the new motion sensors and other accessories work with the old system?
Fingers crossed. I really get annoyed when companies try to all of a sudden tell you that their product you are using is now obsolete and expect you to buy it all over again.
Newbie
Feb 20, 2019
72 posts
93 upvotes
Montreal
Totally, but as some point it was sold at Home Depot in some of their QC location. Guess you couldn't get their monitoring service, but you could have you own in-house system with app.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Dec 11, 2005
19140 posts
1638 upvotes
SizzleChest wrote: Pretty happy with my Ring system so far but still hoping for a glass break sensor and secondary siren to be made available.
Wondering what your thoughts are on Amazon allowing police to snoop on your cameras whenever they want without a warrant?
To be nobody but yourself - in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else - means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. -- E. E. Cummings

Top