• Aug 31st, 2020 4:33 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2017
1081 posts
2811 upvotes
New Brunswick

[Amazon.ca] [Amazon] Ring Doorbell Pro with Echo Show 5 - $229.99

Apologizes if this was already posted; did a quick search and only found the same deal at Best Buy at the start of the year.

Was a similar price on Amazon back in December too, if you missed that.
17 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2007
2421 posts
1470 upvotes
Niagara On The Lake
This is not a comment on OP's deal but we do have a Ring Doorbell Pro and it is very finicky, despite proper RSSI and wifi signal and multiple tech support calls later. Anyone else experienced this problem and have found a solution.

I am looking at possibly replacing ours with an Arlo system, albeit more expensive, unless I can get mine to work properly and give me accurate alerts.
Come visit Niagara On The Lake
Voted Prettiest, Friendliest & Most Haunted town in Canada
Support local small business
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2006
4861 posts
2388 upvotes
Northside
That's a great deal, thanks for posting oP!
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
33997 posts
19850 upvotes
Ottawa
StealthFinder wrote: This is not a comment on OP's deal but we do have a Ring Doorbell Pro and it is very finicky, despite proper RSSI and wifi signal and multiple tech support calls later. Anyone else experienced this problem and have found a solution.

I am looking at possibly replacing ours with an Arlo system, albeit more expensive, unless I can get mine to work properly and give me accurate alerts.
No issues here.
What size transformer do you have?
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2007
2396 posts
401 upvotes
Anyone know if a new Ring Pro is due out soon? Seems like it's been around for a couple of years already
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2007
2421 posts
1470 upvotes
Niagara On The Lake
No idea. How and where would I check on that? The Ring device was installed in place of the old doorbell. Also, that was NEVER a question brought up by tech support and hence, never checked.
vkizzle wrote: No issues here.
What size transformer do you have?
Come visit Niagara On The Lake
Voted Prettiest, Friendliest & Most Haunted town in Canada
Support local small business
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
33997 posts
19850 upvotes
Ottawa
StealthFinder wrote: No idea. How and where would I check on that? The Ring device was installed in place of the old doorbell. Also, that was NEVER a question brought up by tech support and hence, never checked.
The transformer is commonly found in the basement attached to the electrical panel.

Most builder's transformer is a 16v/10va, which is enough to provide power to the Ring Pro, but due to voltage dropping from someone ringing the doorbell or a recording from motion, it will cause issues that you described.
Apr 26, 2007
45 posts
18 upvotes
Toronto
vkizzle wrote: The transformer is commonly found in the basement attached to the electrical panel.

Most builder's transformer is a 16v/10va, which is enough to provide power to the Ring Pro, but due to voltage dropping from someone ringing the doorbell or a recording from motion, it will cause issues that you described.
I initially had issues with my Ring Pro and it was the transformer that was the issue (not powerful enough, it worked but had issues). On their website it says "The Ring video doorbell pro requires a transformer with between 16-24 volts and 20-30 amp output.", make sure that your transformer matches or is better in both the volts number and the amp output number (not just one). They also recommend installing the included Pro Power Kit. After installing a more powerful transformer and power kit I haven't had any issues since.
Aug 5, 2020
12 posts
9 upvotes
Great deal. I have the Ring Pro and absolutely love it. Makes me wish my Stick Up cams had the same features.
Deal Guru
Jun 15, 2012
13042 posts
6852 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Great price, missing a Chime Pro or Ring extender as these don’t have great range/RSSI signal on their own.
https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/artic ... l-Strength

Also once hooked up, on the app clicking Device Health in Settings will tell you the quality of your Transformer Voltage.

Ring Pro is the one that continuously records 6s loops in colour that gets seamlessly added to your notification vids so you can see what happened leading to the event, Ring calls it “Advanced Pre-Roll”. Ring 3 Plus does it in 4s black and white. And Ring 3 and previous don’t have it at all. The $30US sub price is the same regardless of Ring product,
Deal Fanatic
May 17, 2006
6350 posts
2279 upvotes
GTA
StealthFinder wrote: This is not a comment on OP's deal but we do have a Ring Doorbell Pro and it is very finicky, despite proper RSSI and wifi signal and multiple tech support calls later. Anyone else experienced this problem and have found a solution.

i agree, the new version is a tiny bit better but its still not a good solution i think. I am waiting for the eufy one to be at a reasonable price, they listed it here (on amazon.ca) for far more than US.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
33997 posts
19850 upvotes
Ottawa
pandachan88 wrote: Bought. Thx!
Order is split in 2 with doorbell pro at 179.32 and echo show at 50.67 (Thinking Face)
If you can return the Show for a full refund and keep the Pro at $179.32, that would be a fire deal.