Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Amazon Smart Plug - $9.99 (Must order through Alexa)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 22nd, 2020 6:57 pm
Nov 30, 2015
127 posts
102 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
JC0411 wrote: I bought mine over a year ago and have this exact same thing when my lamp is off. But this is no different than the noise I hear from my phone charger when my phone has finished charging and it's still plugged in.
I've noticed that noise with a couple of my phone chargers when they're plugged in so those are used in the kitchen if they're used at night. The noise from the Amazon plug is enough to bother me when I'm trying to get to sleep so it's an issue for myself.
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2008
1920 posts
405 upvotes
The noise is due to bad choice of coils in the switching converters they are using. That's why the pitch changes with load. Every now and then you run into such bad designs, I've seen Intel motherboards and expensive video cards with the same problem in the past. I don't think there's any concern about safety but if you can hear it then it probably needs to go.
Oct 1, 2006
16 posts
7 upvotes
London, Ontario
I tried it a few time through Alexa and it says: "I found an Amazon Smart Plug. I'm sorry something went wrong. Please try again". Personally, I prefer Google Home products, but this was a good price. Actually, maybe it's better the order didn't go through! :) Anyone else experience any issues?
Oct 24, 2008
27 posts
22 upvotes
Awesome thanks ordered one. Added it through Alexa and checked out on the website.
Feb 9, 2017
9 posts
1 upvote
I think 1 per account. I tried to buy another and is regular price.
Aug 7, 2013
41 posts
9 upvotes
pricewatcher wrote: I tried it a few time through Alexa and it says: "I found an Amazon Smart Plug. I'm sorry something went wrong. Please try again". Personally, I prefer Google Home products, but this was a good price. Actually, maybe it's better the order didn't go through! :) Anyone else experience any issues?
Same. Doesn't matter what I try to order, I get this error.
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
13306 posts
3644 upvotes
Scarberia
ot: don't forget to buy UGO amazon 100$gc and get 10$gc bonus! load up for BF! i bought it using a prepaid mastercard btw
CDN$100.00 has been added to your Gift Card Balance
Your gift card balance will be automatically applied towards eligible orders. If you don't want to use your gift card balance, you can unselect it as a payment method in checkout. Learn More.
might get one of these alexa plugs....i already have too many wifi lights and plugs tho, cheaper to buy them 3rd party ones in packs to save more ...i think last year u could get like 3 for 25?
after u say "alexa, buy an amazon smart plug"
it adds to your cart, and u can checkout via browser

Order Summary
Items: CDN$ 34.99
Shipping & Handling: CDN$ 0.00
Alexa: -CDN$ 24.99
Prime Day GC Promo: -CDN$ 0.03
Total before tax: CDN$ 9.97
Estimated GST/HST: CDN$ 1.30
Estimated PST/RST/QST: CDN$ 0.00
Total: CDN$ 11.27
Gift Certificates: -CDN$ 11.27
Order Total: CDN$ 0.00
Images
  • 71ED5C62-BCEC-4D3D-8865-7D55AE58B98D.jpeg
Last edited by mikka2017 on Nov 22nd, 2020 5:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Aug 7, 2013
41 posts
9 upvotes
U4IA wrote: I have alexa app on my phone, but when I try and order I just get the amazon app shopping, and the price is $35. Not sure if this can work through the app or you need an actual echo to do this.
Same here, I tried the app and it adds to my amazon.ca cart but it's full price.
Mar 6, 2017
19 posts
11 upvotes
NWO
attempted via iOS app..."I found an Amazon Smart Plug. I'm sorry something went wrong. Please try again"

Perhaps I need a Prime membership account?
Nov 26, 2015
19 posts
12 upvotes
Worked for me. Can only get one though!

Thanks OP
Sep 7, 2014
643 posts
301 upvotes
Toronto
pricewatcher wrote: I tried it a few time through Alexa and it says: "I found an Amazon Smart Plug. I'm sorry something went wrong. Please try again". Personally, I prefer Google Home products, but this was a good price. Actually, maybe it's better the order didn't go through! :) Anyone else experience any issues?
KeithD899 wrote: Same. Doesn't matter what I try to order, I get this error.
Hiybbprqag wrote: attempted via iOS app..."I found an Amazon Smart Plug. I'm sorry something went wrong. Please try again"

Perhaps I need a Prime membership account?
Change your Amazon account regional settings & language to Canada.
If you are not able to, chat with Amazon agent, they can do it remotely. Its why its not working.
Aug 14, 2008
11 posts
10 upvotes
Kelowna, BC
dls2000 wrote: I think 1 per account. I tried to buy another and is regular price.
Confirmed one per Amazon account. Fine print T+C from product page:

Amazon Smart Plug

- Offer only applies to purchases of the Amazon Smart Plug using Alexa voice shopping on an Echo device.
- Alexa will either add the Amazon Smart Plug to your Amazon shopping cart or prompt you to complete the purchase with Alexa. You must complete your purchase by 11:59 p.m. (PST) on November 30, 2020.
- Offers good while supplies last.
- Shipping charges and taxes may apply to discounted and free promotional items.
- Offer limited to one per customer and account.
- The maximum benefit you may receive from this offer is CDN$ 24.99.
- Promotion only applies to Amazon Smart Plug.
- Discount automatically applied at checkout.
- Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel the offer at any time.
- If any of the products related to these offers are returned, your refund will equal the amount you paid for the product(s), subject to applicable refund policies.
- If you violate any of these terms, the offer will be invalid.
- Offer expires at 11:59 p.m. (PST) on November 30, 2020.
Mar 6, 2017
19 posts
11 upvotes
NWO
aljudeh wrote: Change your Amazon account regional settings & language to Canada.
If you are not able to, chat with Amazon agent, they can do it remotely. Its why its not working.
Hmm, all my settings are CAN except for 'language' was US English.
Changed 'language' to CAN English.
Message from Alexa now is "I'm sorry, but I can only shop in the primary language associated with your Amazon account..."

Perhaps, it's something to do with having a CAN and US Amazon account using the same email address?

UPDATE: called Amazon and they needed to change my marketplace settings to Canada, fixed.
Also, looks like I missed out on the deal.
Last edited by Hiybbprqag on Nov 23rd, 2020 1:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Feb 2, 2008
110 posts
73 upvotes
I got one of these added on to a purchase for an echo 9 months ago, I personally don't like this switch, it's bulky, doesnt seem to be as reliable holding a connection as any of my others (I have 10+ other brands) and when you buy a 3rd party 4 pack they are smaller, seem more reliable and you can get the right deal about 7 bucks an outlet depending on vendor and the lightning deal at hand.

I personally steer clear of this switch and have not bought another. personal preference maybe, but my experience it's just not a great switch, and at full price its laughable, at 10 bucks it's an ok deal. :) Teckin 4 packs are 35 for a 4 pack so that's 7.85 an outlet. great to have around https://www.amazon.ca/Outlet-Wireless-C ... =1&sr=8-28)