Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Amazon Smart Plug - $9.99 (Must order through Alexa)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 22nd, 2020 6:57 pm
Nov 5, 2018
251 posts
210 upvotes
I grabbed one of these last night - It'll be the fourth one I have and I haven't had any issues with the other three. Occasionally one disconnects from Wifi, but I blame that more on the crap Rogers unit than the plug.
Sep 23, 2018
191 posts
106 upvotes
can you add/anyone able to add this to google home?
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
13268 posts
3636 upvotes
Scarberia
holy cow fast! i just got the plug right now!
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Jun 17, 2013
249 posts
189 upvotes
Toronto
Hiybbprqag wrote: attempted via iOS app..."I found an Amazon Smart Plug. I'm sorry something went wrong. Please try again"

Perhaps I need a Prime membership account?
I got same error, you need to have 1 echo device registered on your account for this promo (as per customer service chat)
--Bell 1 gb Fibe Internet + TV + Home Phone $75 + tax
--- 2 Fido 3 gb data plan $0 for 12 months Using with Fongo App
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2005
1922 posts
451 upvotes
Mississauga
I have the vocolinc smart plug and they are on sale for a pack of 2 for $19.99. These not only work with Alexa and Google assistant but work with HomeKit too. A better alternative if you need HomeKit.
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
13268 posts
3636 upvotes
Scarberia
thehandofchaos wrote: I got one of these added on to a purchase for an echo 9 months ago, I personally don't like this switch, it's bulky, doesnt seem to be as reliable holding a connection as any of my others (I have 10+ other brands) and when you buy a 3rd party 4 pack they are smaller, seem more reliable and you can get the right deal about 7 bucks an outlet depending on vendor and the lightning deal at hand.

I personally steer clear of this switch and have not bought another. personal preference maybe, but my experience it's just not a great switch, and at full price its laughable, at 10 bucks it's an ok deal. :) Teckin 4 packs are 35 for a 4 pack so that's 7.85 an outlet. great to have around https://www.amazon.ca/Outlet-Wireless-C ... =1&sr=8-28)
those cheap round smart plugs wont BOTH fit into the 2 standard outlets its too big! the 2 rectangle amazon plugs will fit tho! its kinda WIDE tho thats the only issue... they can't make them small and square i guess..prolly cost reasons

these amazon plugs are very easy to setup unlike those 3rd party tuya, homemate, geenie, etc plugs, also u don't need to reset them if u unplug and plug them into another outlet....only downside is it wont work with google voice tho. only alexa
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2009
2860 posts
1416 upvotes
mikka2017 wrote: those cheap round smart plugs wont BOTH fit into the 2 standard outlets its too big! the 2 rectangle amazon plugs will fit tho! its kinda WIDE tho thats the only issue... they can't make them small and square i guess..prolly cost reasons

these amazon plugs are very easy to setup unlike those 3rd party tuya, homemate, geenie, etc plugs, also u don't need to reset them if u unplug and plug them into another outlet....only downside is it wont work with google voice tho. only alexa
I won't buy the likes of Teckin because they lied about their UL/ETL certification. But the CE ones from Costco are CSA certified, works well, has power monitoring and schedule, easy to setup and don't need to be reset after an unplug/replug. The only drawback is they're connected to the chinese tuyaus server. I got a pair when it was 14.97 for a 2-pack.

another tidbit: mq.gw.tuyaus.com is hosted by Amazon in Boardman, Oregon, USA.
The first rule of Fight Club is: you do not talk about Usenet
Nov 1, 2006
8 posts
1 upvote
Thanks OP!

What I noticed with this order, was that there's a $25 promotional code that I kept unchecking, thinking it was a gift card. When in fact, that was how the discount was applied this time.
Last time it was done at checkout, but this time wasn't.

I reviewed my gift card balance and it was $0, so i checked out with the promotional credit/gift and it was good.

Also, a point about the whining, luckily mine does not whine. But it's only connected to a lamp.
Nov 25, 2016
118 posts
42 upvotes
Not working for me. I added it to cart via iphone app... go to check out with browser, and it says this item was added with Alexa, but it's still showing the regular price. Help please.
Mar 9, 2014
6 posts
2 upvotes
Just ordered mine with the help of Alexa. Checked out at $10. Thanks OP.
Oct 17, 2017
63 posts
52 upvotes
I keep getting an error “Sorry something went wrong, please try again”. I checked all my settings and everything looks ok (Canada as location and language, etc). I emailed customer service, any other tricks I can try in the meantime?
Nov 23, 2006
303 posts
148 upvotes
Ontario
Guccimang wrote: Not working for me. I added it to cart via iphone app... go to check out with browser, and it says this item was added with Alexa, but it's still showing the regular price. Help please.
For me it didn't show a discount until it shows the full price breakdown and you have a single button press before ordering. All indications prior to that in the cart showed it at full price.

Also, when I added with my echo dot it told me there was a promo price for $10.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2007
1552 posts
533 upvotes
Managed to order through the iPhone Alexa app.

For whatever reason, when I tried with my cube or echo, it said purchasing wasn’t available in my country. Any idea what it would say that? Looking in the Alexa app on my phone, it shows my dot and cube with the same address as my phone.
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2005
1439 posts
848 upvotes
Looks like this deal is back. I swear I tried this on Saturday and it didn’t work, maybe user error?
But I was just able to buy one today for $9.99.
Images
  • CECD153E-CF99-4F2E-9DDE-BC06E0D85E7A.jpeg
  • A86A8BDB-CD1F-48D4-848B-9EA55E3B4388.jpeg
Jun 15, 2016
86 posts
108 upvotes
I ordered this last year through the Amazon Echo for the discount. Tried it this time and it didn't work. Might be a once in a lifetime thing.
My life has become a cycle of figuring out what deals to return and what to keep.
AMEX Platinum, Bonvoy, Gold. Just Ask.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2010
1761 posts
1095 upvotes
Kamloops, BC
Could have been a bad unit but I got really bad coil whine on this. Had to return.