• Feb 16th, 2019 9:35 pm
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2007
2935 posts
1453 upvotes
Canada
kk1030 wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 6:01 pm
I ordered a mouse from amazon warehouse and it came smell funny with some white stuff on it, returned it right away!
They forgot to clean its cage..
Sep 6, 2016
515 posts
183 upvotes
ok. Just one week ago I ordered one new item and ... I got a used from Amazon Warehouse. No Apologize and no any credit for their fault.
Public Mobile $110/12GB forever!
Nov 25, 2018
12 posts
2 upvotes
I guess it really depends on the CSR, some of them are just Pain in the ass. I ordered a Bissell Crosswave and it came in bad shape, they just offered $10 and asked me to suck it up...
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
6265 posts
2964 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
Badbrad wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 5:43 pm
Recent two items from Warehouse deals were just scams. A Bait and switch a knock off product for what was advertised. Amazon was quick to refund or provide promotional credit and a partial refund but Buyer Beware
I've generally had great success with all of my AWD purchases...until I ordered a Zotac GTX 1080Ti for $700 (a good deal at the time).

When I opened the Zotac box, there was an MSI GTX 1050 2GB card inside.

Amazon quickly refunded me, and I shipped it back.

They didn't even seem concerned to go after who had originally purchased/swapped it out, but I guess that's understandable since it was their employee who approved that return and enabled it for re-sale.
Aug 1, 2006
186 posts
66 upvotes
Bought a Aquasana water filter, couldn't even open it up to check the filters inside, had to return it which wasn't a hassle. However I sometimes order products and don't bother opening them up within 30 days, so that could be an issue for people like me don't check out the merchandise right away.
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2004
3477 posts
900 upvotes
Edmonton
LeoL62707 wrote:
Feb 16th, 2019 11:34 am
I guess it really depends on the CSR, some of them are just Pain in the ass. I ordered a Bissell Crosswave and it came in bad shape, they just offered $10 and asked me to suck it up...
We ordered a long board from warehouse deals the other day for like $40, it came with a huge crack in the side. It came in a box 2' x 4' x 2'. I honestly thought they'd just credit back the amount, but they wanted to ship it back. This thing would have cost a fortune to ship back. They credited back a whole $15, but I figured we could keep the parts, or fix it.

Last item was open box and like new, was missing half its stuff. They wouldnt credit anything back, just ship it back.

They must spend a billion dollars on shipping a year. Most of the other like new items we got though were still new. Mostly trying to stick to ones where it says packing is damaged, vs repackaged now.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2016
1397 posts
1229 upvotes
I bought a laptop from warehouse. wasnt the correct processor in the computer. they credited 20% of the value. I was quite happy as it was for my wife and the speed didnt matter I instead upgraded her hdd to ssd.
Nov 25, 2018
12 posts
2 upvotes
... Are you sure the 20% can justify the lower specs?
Nov 25, 2018
12 posts
2 upvotes
I’m pretty sure they have partnership and the shipping would cost them minimal. But still they run everything by rules most of the time, and they wouldn’t care if the company is lost money again on some none re saleable items.

U4IA wrote:
Feb 16th, 2019 2:44 pm
We ordered a long board from warehouse deals the other day for like $40, it came with a huge crack in the side. It came in a box 2' x 4' x 2'. I honestly thought they'd just credit back the amount, but they wanted to ship it back. This thing would have cost a fortune to ship back. They credited back a whole $15, but I figured we could keep the parts, or fix it.

Last item was open box and like new, was missing half its stuff. They wouldnt credit anything back, just ship it back.

They must spend a billion dollars on shipping a year. Most of the other like new items we got though were still new. Mostly trying to stick to ones where it says packing is damaged, vs repackaged now.
Mar 31, 2009
153 posts
129 upvotes
Soviet Canuckistan
I wouldn't touch your #1 pick even brand-new. Gigabyte laptops have a horrific RMA rate; failing batteries, overheating, dead LCDs and their service department takes forever. Just go on Reddit or any computer users forum. They may have a good spec, but that's assuming it actually works. Buy an ASUS, or Lenovo or Dell if you want your PC to actually work consistently.

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)