[Amazon Canada] Amazon Warehouse: Gaming laptops

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 21st, 2019 2:22 pm
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
18650 posts
5308 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
The amount of return fraud people are willing to try with Amazon is unbelievably ballsy to me.
Jan 28, 2006
378 posts
110 upvotes
Brampton
Bought msi gp63 gaming laptop for $1599 a couple days later it went down $1499 called customer service to get the difference back she said no.
Had to return and re purchase.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2009
4718 posts
1627 upvotes
astigdealz wrote:
Feb 21st, 2019 9:18 am
Bought msi gp63 gaming laptop for $1599 a couple days later it went down $1499 called customer service to get the difference back she said no.
Had to return and re purchase.
Somebody will get great deal on open box :)
Jul 4, 2017
62 posts
45 upvotes
AstonM wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 2:57 pm
100% this, I ordered a food processor over christmas that only had the accessories in the box. No food processor...
Knocking on wood. I've ordered things from amazon warehouse for 4 years, both here in canada, in the US, in germany, and in Spain. They've been perfect items nearly everytime, and if there were issues, return is free and simple.
Jan 28, 2006
378 posts
110 upvotes
Brampton
lifeisfuneh wrote:
Feb 21st, 2019 9:22 am
Somebody will get great deal on open box :)
Saw it at warehouse deal for $1399 open box the next day :)
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2009
4718 posts
1627 upvotes
astigdealz wrote:
Feb 21st, 2019 11:24 am
Saw it at warehouse deal for $1399 open box the next day :)
Did you bite? :)
Deal Guru
Oct 27, 2003
12289 posts
2867 upvotes
Toronto
BiboB34387 wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 2:54 pm
I’ve had nothing but issues with everything I’ve ordered from amazon warehouse. Missing pieces and broken stuff every time, regardless of “very good” condition. The people that run the warehouses obviously don’t know anything about the stuff they sell or simply don’t care about giving accurate descriptions. I would never spend that much money on something from there.
I've ordered dozens and dozens of items from Amazon Warehouse.

Have had very good luck with non electronics. 95% of the time there's no problem.

I would stay away from electronics from Warehouse Deals due to the no warranty, and people playing bait and switch, scam Amazon, etc.
Deal Guru
Oct 27, 2003
12289 posts
2867 upvotes
Toronto
Short answer - Amazon Warehouse Deals is good for lots of items. Electronics and laptops - NO.

No warranty and people playing return fraud. Stay away.
Jan 28, 2006
378 posts
110 upvotes
Brampton
lifeisfuneh wrote:
Feb 21st, 2019 11:40 am
Did you bite? :)
No.. Had the second laptop setup with all my games and a new nvme ssd installed.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2003
1226 posts
313 upvotes
Edmonton
I've gotten a few things. Trident Z RGB. they were fine. More recently a new shower valve cartridge. was still sealed...

R U PACKIN HEAT
?
Mar 31, 2009
178 posts
152 upvotes
Soviet Canuckistan
yifeilu92 wrote:
Feb 21st, 2019 8:22 am
I do not see this laptop, what’s the model?
I would assume this is the ASUS Zephyrus GX501. A rather gimmicky and unfortunately not-too-reliable laptop design from ASUS, with a hinged case that opens/extends at the rear to allow greater airflow when under load.
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2002
4495 posts
932 upvotes
Vancouver
i got my I7 desktop and Chromebook from the warehouse and both were brand new and not used; just the box was not in perfect shape
Feb 26, 2008
385 posts
304 upvotes
Surrey
Kurtz7834 wrote:
Feb 21st, 2019 11:46 am
I've ordered dozens and dozens of items from Amazon Warehouse.

Have had very good luck with non electronics. 95% of the time there's no problem.

I would stay away from electronics from Warehouse Deals due to the no warranty, and people playing bait and switch, scam Amazon, etc.
Yeah the bait and switch is bad. I bought a Dewalt blower from AWD. It was great, nothing wrong with the tool but one of the batteries was tampered with. Looked like it had been opened and someone tried unsuccessfully to switch out the battery pack. It was pretty damaged to the point where i couldn't put the pack in most of the tools. I emailed them and explained the situation. I could send it back (I needed it so that really wasn't an option) and get a refund but they couldn't send me a replacement. I asked if they would give me credit to purchase a battery pack in lieu and he couldn't do it so they just told me to keep it and refunded my money. He said to use that money and buy the battery to replace, which I did.

That being said, I did order a few things last year off AWD and they have been fine. Couple of smart switches and a CD. CD has a cracked case...not a problem for me but the switches....one of them came with a shortened wire (lucky for me I didn't need the length). The other switch came with some missing screws...again not a problem as I had screws of the same type that I could use. Now if it just came with the screws and no switch then we have a problem. lol