Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Amazon - Zojirushi Micom Water Boiler and Warmer, 169 oz/5.0 L, White

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 20th, 2020 11:16 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2006
1671 posts
137 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Amazon - Zojirushi Micom Water Boiler and Warmer, 169 oz/5.0 L, White

Zojirushi Micom Water Boiler and Warmer, 169 oz/5.0 L, White

Made in Japan

$188.99 plus tax, regular price $210.

lowest camel price.

https://www.amazon.ca/Zojirushi-CD-LFC5 ... 886&sr=8-3
Images
  • 518gflJwFlL._AC_SX679_.jpg
45 replies
Oct 25, 2010
712 posts
317 upvotes
These things are so handy!
Feb 26, 2005
155 posts
25 upvotes
London
Probably a dumb question, but what’s the advantage of using this over a regular kettle? Seems pricey for something that just boils water, but I realize I might be missing something obvious.
Jan 10, 2009
182 posts
186 upvotes
toronto
Planker wrote: Probably a dumb question, but what’s the advantage of using this over a regular kettle? Seems pricey for something that just boils water, but I realize I might be missing something obvious.
Depends on how much hot water you use. I drink a lot of tea and it's nice to have hot water with the push of a button
And not having to wait for water to boil. I think these are a staple in any Chinese household.
May 2, 2007
46 posts
11 upvotes
Thanks, other volume are also on sale. Ordered 4L for my parent as their Tiger water broiler is over 10year
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2009
1393 posts
1297 upvotes
deja vu...every boiler thread has this exact question and response.
Planker wrote: Probably a dumb question, but what’s the advantage of using this over a regular kettle? Seems pricey for something that just boils water, but I realize I might be missing something obvious.
grasshopper902 wrote: Depends on how much hot water you use. I drink a lot of tea and it's nice to have hot water with the push of a button
And not having to wait for water to boil. I think these are a staple in any Chinese household.
Wallet safe :rolleyes:
Aug 12, 2014
220 posts
148 upvotes
Toronto, ON
it keeps the water hot and it's practical for those who love drinking tea or hot drink on a constant basis.
Feb 26, 2005
155 posts
25 upvotes
London
So is it the kind of thing you leave on all the time so the water is constantly hit? As opposed to running it only when you need it?
Dec 17, 2009
657 posts
553 upvotes
Toronto
Can someone confirm is it a verY special price or just regular sale price. Just thinking should I wait for Black Friday.
Just read the reviews seem like this one has rusting problem.
Jan 10, 2009
182 posts
186 upvotes
toronto
Planker wrote: So is it the kind of thing you leave on all the time so the water is constantly hit? As opposed to running it only when you need it?
Yup. You boil it when you first put water in and it keeps it warm until you need to refill again.
Dec 24, 2011
18 posts
4 upvotes
NORTH YORK
You can do a variety of things with it, the machine keeps your water at a desired hot temperature as indicated on the Amazon page 160F, 175F, or 195F.
Or if you want that freshly boiled water you can press REBOIL and it will reboil the water inside it fairly quickly.
Oct 1, 2018
136 posts
114 upvotes
Toronto
One of the things to remember is you have to consistently clean it out, I use vinegar + water to prevent mineral buildup inside. You can also buy packets of solution to clean them as well
Jan 10, 2009
182 posts
186 upvotes
toronto
tofubb wrote: Can someone confirm is it a verY special price or just regular sale price. Just thinking should I wait for Black Friday.
Just read the reviews seem like this one has rusting problem.
I think it's a good price. I spent $50 more on mine (although it does look a bit different from this model) last year during prime day. Below is the link to my model. I'm happy with my purchase and don't regret it one bit.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/r.html?C=2JG4V ... 00_TE_dp_1
Apr 20, 2008
429 posts
269 upvotes
I have those water dispenser from Costco that has cold and hot water function. Do I need this? Lol
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2010
1405 posts
183 upvotes
how much energy will this use per 24hours considering one boil per day