Amazon - Zojirushi Micom Water Boiler and Warmer, 169 oz/5.0 L, White

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 20th, 2020 11:16 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2006
1707 posts
156 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Amazon - Zojirushi Micom Water Boiler and Warmer, 169 oz/5.0 L, White

Zojirushi Micom Water Boiler and Warmer, 169 oz/5.0 L, White

Made in Japan

$188.99 plus tax, regular price $210.

lowest camel price.

https://www.amazon.ca/Zojirushi-CD-LFC5 ... 886&sr=8-3
Images
  • 518gflJwFlL._AC_SX679_.jpg
45 replies
Oct 25, 2010
809 posts
386 upvotes
These things are so handy!
Feb 26, 2005
198 posts
74 upvotes
London
Probably a dumb question, but what’s the advantage of using this over a regular kettle? Seems pricey for something that just boils water, but I realize I might be missing something obvious.
Jan 10, 2009
288 posts
345 upvotes
toronto
Planker wrote: Probably a dumb question, but what’s the advantage of using this over a regular kettle? Seems pricey for something that just boils water, but I realize I might be missing something obvious.
Depends on how much hot water you use. I drink a lot of tea and it's nice to have hot water with the push of a button
And not having to wait for water to boil. I think these are a staple in any Chinese household.
May 2, 2007
56 posts
16 upvotes
Thanks, other volume are also on sale. Ordered 4L for my parent as their Tiger water broiler is over 10year
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2009
1532 posts
1524 upvotes
deja vu...every boiler thread has this exact question and response.
Planker wrote: Probably a dumb question, but what’s the advantage of using this over a regular kettle? Seems pricey for something that just boils water, but I realize I might be missing something obvious.
grasshopper902 wrote: Depends on how much hot water you use. I drink a lot of tea and it's nice to have hot water with the push of a button
And not having to wait for water to boil. I think these are a staple in any Chinese household.
Wallet safe...
Aug 12, 2014
295 posts
212 upvotes
Toronto, ON
it keeps the water hot and it's practical for those who love drinking tea or hot drink on a constant basis.
Feb 26, 2005
198 posts
74 upvotes
London
So is it the kind of thing you leave on all the time so the water is constantly hit? As opposed to running it only when you need it?
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2009
1028 posts
835 upvotes
Vancouver
Can someone confirm is it a verY special price or just regular sale price. Just thinking should I wait for Black Friday.
Just read the reviews seem like this one has rusting problem.
Jan 10, 2009
288 posts
345 upvotes
toronto
Planker wrote: So is it the kind of thing you leave on all the time so the water is constantly hit? As opposed to running it only when you need it?
Yup. You boil it when you first put water in and it keeps it warm until you need to refill again.
Dec 24, 2011
24 posts
7 upvotes
NORTH YORK
You can do a variety of things with it, the machine keeps your water at a desired hot temperature as indicated on the Amazon page 160F, 175F, or 195F.
Or if you want that freshly boiled water you can press REBOIL and it will reboil the water inside it fairly quickly.
Oct 1, 2018
152 posts
174 upvotes
Toronto
One of the things to remember is you have to consistently clean it out, I use vinegar + water to prevent mineral buildup inside. You can also buy packets of solution to clean them as well
Jan 10, 2009
288 posts
345 upvotes
toronto
tofubb wrote: Can someone confirm is it a verY special price or just regular sale price. Just thinking should I wait for Black Friday.
Just read the reviews seem like this one has rusting problem.
I think it's a good price. I spent $50 more on mine (although it does look a bit different from this model) last year during prime day. Below is the link to my model. I'm happy with my purchase and don't regret it one bit.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/r.html?C=2JG4V ... 00_TE_dp_1
Apr 20, 2008
455 posts
302 upvotes
I have those water dispenser from Costco that has cold and hot water function. Do I need this? Lol
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2010
1499 posts
316 upvotes
how much energy will this use per 24hours considering one boil per day
Deal Fanatic
Nov 23, 2008
5496 posts
1943 upvotes
cheapbum wrote: One of the things to remember is you have to consistently clean it out, I use vinegar + water to prevent mineral buildup inside. You can also buy packets of solution to clean them as well
Feeding it brita filtered water significantly reduces this problem by an order of magnitude
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2004
1290 posts
256 upvotes
GTA
I purchased the 3.0L model in June, the bottom of the boiler started to rust in August. This was my 4th one for the last 12years. I have the Made in Japan version as well, which is this one listed in OPs.
Customer service was horrible and didn't care.

As i'm looking at the amazon review, there is a specific review about someone receiving a rusted bottom? that's pretty much what happened to me.

Now i'm stuck with a $200 machine used for 3 weeks - which the company doesn't want to service.
Buyer beware. This company used to be good.
Oct 1, 2009
136 posts
182 upvotes
Richmond Hill
cheapbum wrote: One of the things to remember is you have to consistently clean it out, I use vinegar + water to prevent mineral buildup inside. You can also buy packets of solution to clean them as well
I have a 4L, and the manual suggested using citric acid. probably no difference from vinegar, but I got some anyway. At the time, it was $14.99.
Last edited by maeda on Oct 18th, 2020 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
8603 posts
3155 upvotes
Maple
grasshopper902 wrote: Depends on how much hot water you use. I drink a lot of tea and it's nice to have hot water with the push of a button
Yep. This and rice cookers for Asian families. I have 2 of each (1 set with Tiger brand, 1 set of Zorijushi brand) These are expensive but last very long for daily usage. I drink coffee in the morning, tea after dinner, cook rice everyday. :)
Last edited by teoconca on Oct 18th, 2020 9:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
May 4, 2020
21 posts
37 upvotes
ON
OracerO wrote: I purchased the 3.0L model in June, the bottom of the boiler started to rust in August. This was my 4th one for the last 12years. I have the Made in Japan version as well, which is this one listed in OPs.
Customer service was horrible and didn't care.
Are you 100% sure it’s rust /metal oxidation? If you’re filling it with hard tap water you will get growing brown mineral deposits after every boiling cycle. I’ve since switched to using distilled water and haven’t had any issues with these Japanese units for over 20 years.