[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2013
2503 posts
3051 upvotes
Edmonton

[Amazon.ca] AmazonBasics 32 Amp Level 2 EV Charging Station $439.69

Deal got even better.

This is for 18' cable version. NEMA 4 rating. 1 year warranty.

I've been watching EV Charging stations for a while. This is the best price for a high quality cUL certified (non sketchy) 32 amp charging station that I have seen. It is a rebranded LITE-ON. I bought the 18 foot cable version a while back for $516, this is lowest price all time. Thread from previous deal here: amazon-ca-amazonbasics-32-amp-level-2-e ... 8-2356972/

Mine is working great at 32 amps charging my Honda Clarity.

Edit: Photos

42 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
1606 posts
8137 upvotes
I don't even own an EV and I still clicked into this thread, read your description and photos.

RFD does weird things to me... upvoted you for the detailed post.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2018
5523 posts
4562 upvotes
Leverage wrote: I don't even own an EV and I still clicked into this thread, read your description and photos.

This
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2013
1152 posts
988 upvotes
Toronto
cUL is not CSA.
Just saying is all.
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2005
1962 posts
532 upvotes
Maple
So if you order this you also can apply for a rebate ? Im in Ontario.

Thanks for the info in advance.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
6926 posts
1039 upvotes
Toronto
rugerty100 wrote: Consider the Grizzl-e? It's on the Quebec list.

For Ontario, it's eligible for the 25% rebate. Brings it close in price to the Amazon one, and it's capable of 40 amp.
Do I need to have an EV car to qualify for the charger rebate in Ontario?
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2012
3722 posts
3167 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Inno wrote: Do I need to have an EV car to qualify for the charger rebate in Ontario?
No, I don't believe so. For example if you go to Costco and buy the Sun Country Highway ClipperCreek, you just have to add the promo item to cart to receive the discount.
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2010
1539 posts
770 upvotes
Quebec
Blubbs wrote: The Lite On listed on there is identical to my knowledge. Merely a different rebadge. Perhaps a silly administrative oversight that can be fixed?
It's probably the same product, but if the Amazon invoice doesn't specify the LiteOn model number, I doubt they will accept it.

I can't see from your photos, but which LiteOn model is it?
Sep 20, 2013
24 posts
11 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Would love to get my hands on this to charge my Clarity too!
Aug 15, 2018
38 posts
147 upvotes
Leverage wrote: I don't even own an EV and I still clicked into this thread, read your description and photos.

Honestly, totally makes sense to know what these things are and cost incase we end up going electric.
Jun 2, 2018
89 posts
41 upvotes
Inno wrote: Do I need to have an EV car to qualify for the charger rebate in Ontario?
I hope you are not referring to the charger rebate that Ford gutted when he came into office. That rebate you had to apply and get the rebate cheque in the mail.
The current rebate is part of the energy rebate on appliances and it's given at the point of purchase, so the customer can't apply for the rebate from the government. If the retailer offers the rebate on the charger, then you'd get the rebate/discount when you purchase. Like in the Costco example mentioned earlier.
Jan 13, 2004
917 posts
340 upvotes
Vancouver
cowbunpants wrote: cUL is not CSA.
Just saying is all.
cULus vs cCSAus both means that the product is certified to CSA and UL safety standards. IMO, both CSA and UL marks are highly regarded. It's when you see the ETL mark when I get a little more skeptical. But either way, I'll take an ETL mark over no certification. There's a lot of Amazon / AliExpress stuff posted on RFD that have no safety certifications.