Amazon.ca

AmazonBasics 9 Volt Everyday Alkaline Battery - Pack of 8 $ 11.01

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 8th, 2020 1:02 pm
3 replies
Nov 1, 2020
132 posts
223 upvotes
Good deal, but they are slightly bigger than standard 9v batteries so not appropriate for all use cases. You should read the user reviews before ordering.
Oct 14, 2007
433 posts
535 upvotes
Thedford
Thanks OP. Decent deal for 9 volt batteries.

FWIW, a couple of years ago I conducted a test on these batteries. I have two identical smoke alarms. I put one of these in alarm 1 and an Energizer in alarm 2. When I replaced the batteries 12 months later I measured the standing voltage of both batteries. Surprisingly the Amazon one was slightly higher than the Energizer. So I repeated the test this time reversing the placement of the batteries. A year later same result. Both brands performed satisfactorily.

I kind of use $2 as the benchmark for a name brand battery as a good deal.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2010
2722 posts
1744 upvotes
montreal
darcyh wrote: Thanks OP. Decent deal for 9 volt batteries.

FWIW, a couple of years ago I conducted a test on these batteries. I have two identical smoke alarms. I put one of these in alarm 1 and an Energizer in alarm 2. When I replaced the batteries 12 months later I measured the standing voltage of both batteries. Surprisingly the Amazon one was slightly higher than the Energizer. So I repeated the test this time reversing the placement of the batteries. A year later same result. Both brands performed satisfactorily.

I kind of use $2 as the benchmark for a name brand battery as a good deal.
Good to know.
When that deal was posted yesterday (10$), one user said that this batterie failed after something like 6 months in his smoke detector and was saying they were crap.

I ordrered them anyways, because i am pretty sure amazon would refund if that happens ...