Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

AmazonBasics AA Rechargeable Batteries (16-Pack) - 22.67 or lower with S&S

  • Last Updated:
  • Jan 14th, 2022 2:48 pm
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2010
3178 posts
1617 upvotes
Ottawa
bylo wrote: I fully agree that if the device works it will work longer on a NiMH than on an alkaline. I have genuine Eneloops, AmazonBasics rewraps and the newer Chinese-made AmazonBasics. I haven't done any hard measurements, but subjectively all three seem to last about as long.

Maybe the genuine article will sustain more recharges and/or demonstrate higher mAh life on a charge. That may be material to a pro whose job depends on it. But I doubt most casual users will notice.
I think at this point, as long as you stick with a good brand of rechargeable, it will be good either way, unless like you say it is a pro who is recharging batteries every single day. As long as it isn't a company that advertises a ridiculous mah at a ridiculous voltage. I don't think most users will reach the 2100 cycles of eneloops, even my eneloops have degraded a lot and haven't even reached 25% of those cycles probably because they are simply old.
matus201 wrote: The problem with Eneloop batteries is that I find them fairly low in capacity. Either buy Eneloop Pro, but they can be crazy expensive; or get something like the Duracell rechargeable. It was shown to be right up there in quality:
Yea I found some random Duracell ones at my parents place from like 10 years ago. Still charge to 2500mah. Meanwhile, I have multiple Eneloops (Made in Japan) from about the same time that have gone through maybe 50-100 charges and they aren't performing anymore. from 800 - 1600mah now. Huge disappointment. Feels like a kind of luck of the draw.

Anyways, Lithium for the win.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
25152 posts
21612 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
eugene188 wrote: Meanwhile, I have multiple Eneloops (Made in Japan) from about the same time that have gone through maybe 50-100 charges and they aren't performing anymore. from 800 - 1600mah now. Huge disappointment. Feels like a kind of luck of the draw.
Look on the bright side. Even if you only get 50 cycles out of an Eneloop, what's the cost of that battery compared to 50 non-rechargeable alkalines? And that's worst case. On average the comparison is likely to be with 100s of alkalines. And that's before considering the environment. So I think you did a lot better than you think.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2010
3178 posts
1617 upvotes
Ottawa
bylo wrote: Look on the bright side. Even if you only get 50 cycles out of an Eneloop, what's the cost of that battery compared to 50 non-rechargeable alkalines? And that's worst case. On average the comparison is likely to be with 100s of alkalines. And that's before considering the environment. So I think you did a lot better than you think.
oh for sure I came out on top. But the eneloops weren't all they were cracked up to be. I found a pair of Eneloop Pros and those seem nice.
Member
Oct 19, 2009
493 posts
474 upvotes
toronto
why do you need to subscribe to rechargeable batteries?
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
25152 posts
21612 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
eforblue wrote: why do you need to subscribe to rechargeable batteries?
Because Jeff's hoping you'll forget to unsubscribe, get more batteries and then won't bother to return them.

By the same logic...
1. The "Frequently bought together" items in many listings bear little or no relation to the item you're looking at. Presumably Jeff is hoping you'll just follow the crowd and buy those items too (and better still that you won't notice that they're not on sale and/or equivalent items are available at much lower prices.)
2. When you check out if you're not already a Prime member, Jeff will offer you a trial and make you look for some tiny type to click on to decline.
3. Also in 2. the default shipping, even for >$35 orders, isn't free. You have to look for the list of shipping options and click the appropriate radio button to get free shipping.

These are also some of the reasons why Jeff is the richest guy on the planet and why he can afford to launch gigantic penises into the stratosphere (and why we can't hitch a ride on them.)
veni, vidi, Visa
Member
Oct 19, 2009
493 posts
474 upvotes
toronto
bylo wrote: Because Jeff's hoping you'll forget to unsubscribe, get more batteries and then won't bother to return them.

By the same logic...
1. The "Frequently bought together" items in many listings bear little or no relation to the item you're looking at. Presumably Jeff is hoping you'll just follow the crowd and buy those items too (and better still that you won't notice that they're not on sale and/or equivalent items are available at much lower prices.)
2. When you check out if you're not already a Prime member, Jeff will offer you a trial and make you look for some tiny type to click on to decline.
3. Also in 2. the default shipping, even for >$35 orders, isn't free. You have to look for the list of shipping options and click the appropriate radio button to get free shipping.

These are also some of the reasons why Jeff is the richest guy on the planet and why he can afford to launch gigantic penises into the stratosphere (and why we can't hitch a ride on them.)
1. Jeff is not the Amazon CEO anymore
2. one day we will all be able afford space travel. It is just like air travel used to be only for rich people, but almost everyone can afford them now. It is call progress.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2007
7854 posts
8017 upvotes
bylo wrote: Because Jeff's hoping you'll forget to unsubscribe, get more batteries and then won't bother to return them.

By the same logic...
1. The "Frequently bought together" items in many listings bear little or no relation to the item you're looking at. Presumably Jeff is hoping you'll just follow the crowd and buy those items too (and better still that you won't notice that they're not on sale and/or equivalent items are available at much lower prices.)
2. When you check out if you're not already a Prime member, Jeff will offer you a trial and make you look for some tiny type to click on to decline.
3. Also in 2. the default shipping, even for >$35 orders, isn't free. You have to look for the list of shipping options and click the appropriate radio button to get free shipping.

These are also some of the reasons why Jeff is the richest guy on the planet and why he can afford to launch gigantic penises into the stratosphere (and why we can't hitch a ride on them.)
I for one am able to detach my opinions on the person, from my opinions on their work.

Jeff, Branson, but especially Elon, have done MUCH MORE for humanity in the area of space in the past decade than our governments have done in half a century. Instead of pumping trillions of dollars into 'defense' like our governments do, they directed their billions of dollars into REDUCING the cost of space.

Call it a 'gigantic penis' if you will, I call it the early days to me eventually being able to afford a ride to space. This is HUGE. This is an industry with literally MILLIONS of people waiting to open their wallets.

And that's just the tourism angle. Throw in commercial reasons and the market gets even larger.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
25152 posts
21612 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
eforblue wrote: 1. Jeff is not the Amazon CEO anymore
2. one day we will all be able afford space travel. It is just like air travel used to be only for rich people, but almost everyone can afford them now. It is call progress.
1. Yet he remains Founder and Executive Chairman of Amazon and jeff@amazon.com remains the email address customers use to contact executive staffers in order to resolve issues.
2. One day yes. One day even pigs may fly. My comments weren't about "one day." They were about today, which I assume you were asking about. That's a penis-sized difference ;)

P.S. I was responding to your question "why do you need to subscribe to rechargeable batteries?" At least my answers, although somewhat tongue-in-cheek, did actually answer your query. The same cannot be said about your response ;)
veni, vidi, Visa

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)