Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] AmazonBasics AAA Rechargeable Batteries (12-Pack) Pre-charged $16.64

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 26th, 2020 4:02 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
54622 posts
19421 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] AmazonBasics AAA Rechargeable Batteries (12-Pack) Pre-charged $16.64

Lowest price was $13.31 on Nov 27, 2019 per camel^3 but my BIL has yet to give me back my time machine.

https://www.amazon.ca/AmazonBasics-AAA- ... B007B9NXAC

• Features twelve-pack 800 mAh rechargeable AAA batteries for digital cameras, remotes, and more
  • Pre-charged and prepared to use out of the pack
  • Extremely gradual self-discharge maintains 80% of capacity
  • Brings together very best capabilities of AAA alkaline (ready to use) and rechargeable (reusable) batteries
  • Ships in Certified Frustration-Free Packaging
30 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2010
4186 posts
2074 upvotes
this is literally regular price.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
54622 posts
19421 upvotes
Not according to the 30+ prices changes on camel^3 over two years lol.
Images
  • battery.PNG
Last edited by alanbrenton on Apr 24th, 2020 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2010
4186 posts
2074 upvotes
alanbrenton wrote: Not according to the 30+ prices changes on camel^3 over two years lol.
How about you run CCC for the past 365 days.. It's been $16.64 every day except Black Friday ($13.31) and Boxing Week ($13.99)

edit: and lightning price of $12.48 in July 2019.
Last edited by hvc on Apr 24th, 2020 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 4, 2013
484 posts
228 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
alanbrenton wrote: Not according to the 30+ prices changes on camel^3 over two years lol.
It has been this exact price or lower for every single day for the past 350+ days according to Camel Camel Camel.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
54622 posts
19421 upvotes
hvc wrote: How about you run CCC for the past 365 days.. It's been $16.64 every day except Black Friday ($13.31) and Boxing Week ($13.99)

edit: and lightning price of $12.48 in July 2019.
That's true lol.

Just realized that but I had I was going to buy them anyway for my remote controls and for now Eneloops in Canada are too expensive for what they are.
Oct 20, 2014
257 posts
152 upvotes
Trenton, on
My experiene has not been good. After a few months of minimum use, the batteries were not holding their charge anymore. We do not know where they are made and there are warnings on the max amp it can be charged at, which I found matches only with an IKEA usb charger. I would stay away, eneloops are great, costco.ca has decent deals from time to time.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
54622 posts
19421 upvotes
neatooo wrote: My experiene has not been good. After a few months of minimum use, the batteries were not holding their charge anymore. We do not know where they are made and there are warnings on the max amp it can be charged at, which I found matches only with an IKEA usb charger. I would stay away, eneloops are great, costco.ca has decent deals from time to time.
Damn good thing I can another 12-pack if they blow:
Warranty and Helpful Hints
This product is backed by an AmazonBasics 1-year limited warranty
Banned
Apr 23, 2020
12 posts
63 upvotes
Toronto
Psyclist wrote: no longer made in Japan...something to keep in mind
Came here to mention the same.
Feb 26, 2020
43 posts
87 upvotes
I was going to buy the amazon basics a couple weeks ago and found this great set at Costco. It's $24.99 in store and Online as well right now. Personally I prefer buying from Costco over Amazon, and put some trust in the Duracell brand. Hopefully the below link works, if not then just search Costco Duracell Rechargeable Batteries

https://www.costco.ca/duracell-ion-spee ... 16792.html
Apr 21, 2020
14 posts
1 upvote
Is it better to use rechargeable batteries for things like clocks, tv remotes etc or just get non rechargeable batteries?
Jun 20, 2005
236 posts
19 upvotes
London
Would these recharge with the Panasonic or Sanyo chargers?
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2005
3230 posts
912 upvotes
Mars
I had AmazonBasics AA and AAA rechargeables. They suck. Never gonna buy it again.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
1050 posts
1410 upvotes
Vancouver
alanbrenton wrote: Damn good thing I can another 12-pack if they blow:
Warranty and Helpful Hints
This product is backed by an AmazonBasics 1-year limited warranty
Why even bother. Such a hassle.

I don't want to be in the middle of nowhere using these batteries in my flashlight or headlamp, or camera and have these zonk out. Not worth my time.

Just buy eneloops once and you are done.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
54622 posts
19421 upvotes
danascully wrote: Why even bother. Such a hassle.

I don't want to be in the middle of nowhere using these batteries in my flashlight or headlamp, or camera and have these zonk out. Not worth my time.

Just buy eneloops once and you are done.
I don't know how chatting with Amazon's representatives and getting more AAA's is a bother lol. Even Eneloops die and we can't get replacements under warranty or may have to jump through the hoops to get it. I have two Eneloop AAA's that were left in a BT keyboard maybe for months and they're dead. Still cheaper than buying alkaline batteries in the long run.

I am only using them in remote controls. Nothing mission critical. Totally agree if you need them for camping or whatnot, go with Eneloops but I need more than four and this 12-pack will be sufficient and I'm not going to spend $4-5 on each.

I gave my brand new sealed Eneloop Pro AAA's to family two years back and somehow most of my regular Eneloop AAA's have gone missing (could be in toys or some beauty gadgets) but I don't have more than 12 of them .

I have lots of Eneloop AA's and do love them. I just don't see the point of spending $4-5 each for remote controls.

This is one post I created where I unsubscribed, thinking it would die a natural death. But here you are quoting the obvious so I'm just letting you know my intended use and why I'd love for one of 12 to break down so I can get 12 more shipped to me for free. :)
Last edited by alanbrenton on Apr 25th, 2020 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
13287 posts
2630 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
[Update] Not rechargeable but these single charge are better and we all know cheap rechargeables fail after 3-4 times. lol.

LOL, rip-off. Giant Tiger has the best deal right now. 24 pack, Energizer Max AAA for only $12.99. Online and in-store. Sale avail. till May 1st. Pissed off cuz I bought from BB before doing a google search. Smiling Face With HornsDisappointed But Relieved FaceAstonished Face

https://www.gianttiger.com/product/9417 ... rom=Search
Last edited by aznnorth on Apr 25th, 2020 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2016
1111 posts
1412 upvotes
Mississauga
alanbrenton wrote: I don't know how chatting and getting more AAA's is a bother lol. Still cheaper than buying alkaline batteries in the long run.

I am only using them in remote controls. Nothing mission critical.
This and the OP are the only worthwhile things said on this thread so far.
These aren't for ventilators or something, just for mice and remotes. They do their job, they're cheap and replaceable and right now the price is good.
Thanks OP, in for one pack