Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

AmazonBasics Full-Size Ergonomic Wireless PC Mouse with Fast Scrolling [$28.75]

[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 2, 2003
4786 posts
968 upvotes
SK

[Amazon.ca] AmazonBasics Full-Size Ergonomic Wireless PC Mouse with Fast Scrolling [$28.75]

Edit: Price dropped a few cents to $28.75 from $28.97

Amazon has a branded Logitech Performance MX knock-off for $28.97.
I was watching this on 3xCamels and it's at the lowest price again. I already bought the Costco $40 so I will not be buying this one to share the differences.

Features:
Amazon.ca wrote:
  • Full-size wireless mouse with fast-scrolling, clickable wheel and forward/back thumb buttons for fast, easy navigating through large documents and web pages
  • Ergonomically designed for right-handed users; smooth, gently curved profile fits perfectly in the palm of the hand for enhanced comfort
  • 2.4 GHz wireless connection; uses a small USB receiver that can stay plugged into your computer without obstructing other ports
  • Optical sensor (1600 DPI resolution) works on most surfaces; uses 2 AA batteries (included); battery LED light and on/off switch for extended battery life
  • Compatible with Windows 7, 8, and 10; backed by an AmazonBasics 1-year limited warranty
AmazonBasics - No Dark Field, design seems to be a mix between MX Revolution and Performance MX
I couldn't find a larger image so please use the magnification if you have too Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes

Image

Logitech Performance MX
Image
Last edited by shopper-X on Jul 17th, 2020 10:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
40 replies
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 2, 2003
4786 posts
968 upvotes
SK
Updated the OP with features:
Seems to be the same as Logitech small USB receiver on 2.4GHz.

2.4 GHz wireless connection; uses a small USB receiver that can stay plugged into your computer without obstructing other ports
shopper-X
Sr. Member
Apr 22, 2014
642 posts
269 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Nice. Didn't know this existed. Was trying to replace my partner's MX Performance that started to fail recently and this looks like it should do the trick.
Jr. Member
Oct 10, 2011
174 posts
330 upvotes
Mississauga
Great find been watching for a while. In for 1!
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Oct 7, 2007
6807 posts
1366 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Looks like it ONLY has a fast-scrolling wheel which cannot be set to do click-by-click scrolling? The Performance MX has a toggle right beneath the scroll wheel which lets you toggle between both. Doesn't look like this one has the same thing.
There's a sucker born every minute.
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2012
3880 posts
3546 upvotes
Toronto
wow the resemblance is uncanny!
Newbie
Feb 20, 2013
60 posts
50 upvotes
number8888 wrote: Looks like it ONLY has a fast-scrolling wheel which cannot be set to do click-by-click scrolling? The Performance MX has a toggle right beneath the scroll wheel which lets you toggle between both. Doesn't look like this one has the same thing.
True, fast scrolling can be quite annoying, to be honest. Mine is always on click-by-click.
Jr. Member
Jan 24, 2008
113 posts
126 upvotes
Renanmandian wrote: True, fast scrolling can be quite annoying, to be honest. Mine is always on click-by-click.
I've got the MX and it's been my mouse style for over a decade, I have no idea why more mice aren't made like this. They make all new mice tiny and useless. That said this is a third the price of a Logitech, at very least it's a great backup, also I've never used the click, I find it irksome, so I'd say that's totally personal preference. If I didn't already have a backup I'd be all over this. And I've added it to cart to recall is when/if I do need it.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Jun 2, 2007
517 posts
592 upvotes
Markham
Fast scrolling is amazing. I live my life scrolling a quarter mile at a time
Don't forget to like and subscribe! 😎👍
Deal Expert
User avatar
Aug 6, 2001
15838 posts
3682 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
Why not just the original ones from Logitech (perhaps not the same MX equivalent, which doesnt seem to be either from specs perspective). M720 is routinely $39 bucks with 2 year warranty.
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 2, 2003
4786 posts
968 upvotes
SK
weedb0y wrote: Why not just the original ones from Logitech (perhaps not the same MX equivalent, which doesnt seem to be either from specs perspective). M720 is routinely $39 bucks with 2 year warranty.
Mainly do to the ergonomic's of the mouse but it's personal preference.
shopper-X
Jr. Member
Feb 8, 2009
158 posts
112 upvotes
Calgary
ellisd wrote: Nice. Didn't know this existed. Was trying to replace my partner's MX Performance that started to fail recently and this looks like it should do the trick.
Here's another one that is a copy cat of the mx performance from verbatim (28.99) if your interested. I got it for work, but found it too light feeling for me.

https://www.amazon.ca/Verbatim-Wireless ... 110&sr=8-3

81pIK4eASYL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
Member
User avatar
Nov 24, 2012
400 posts
222 upvotes
Saint-Laurent
gofishsean wrote: I've got the MX and it's been my mouse style for over a decade, I have no idea why more mice aren't made like this. They make all new mice tiny and useless. That said this is a third the price of a Logitech, at very least it's a great backup, also I've never used the click, I find it irksome, so I'd say that's totally personal preference. If I didn't already have a backup I'd be all over this. And I've added it to cart to recall is when/if I do need it.
Haha, we must have bought it at the same time. I've had it since 2012. Best mouse ever. I used to play a lot back then.
The MX has the rechargeable station ...this amazon has batteries.
Newbie
Nov 22, 2010
45 posts
19 upvotes
raver4444 wrote: Haha, we must have bought it at the same time. I've had it since 2012. Best mouse ever. I used to play a lot back then.
The MX has the rechargeable station ...this amazon has batteries.
My MX revolution is still going strong
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
4546 posts
3114 upvotes
Vancouver
Too bad they didn’t release this as BT. BT gives more freedom in the sense you won’t need to waste a USB port (or in some cases don’t have a USB port). Looks like a good deal still...

Top