Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

AmazonBasics Standard Dog Waste Bags with Dispenser and Leash Clip - Pack of 900, 13 x 9 Inches, Black

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 10th, 2021 2:28 pm
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37133 upvotes
rfdfan75 wrote: Please don't buy these. They aren't biodegradable and that contributes to worsening landfill issues that happen when you bury thousands of sealed bags of decomposing poop. Please buy biodegradable bags and compost them if you can.
Nonsense, who's upvoting this garbage? Almost all bags biodegrade over centuries, and they're ripped apart when they're spread across landfills, leading to decomposition of the inside waste.

Buy the OP deal without concern, stop falling for the swansong of anti-scientific feel-good environmentalism. I've never met a more brain-dead group outside of Sens fans.
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
Dec 25, 2007
768 posts
782 upvotes
Vancouver
scottmg wrote: I don't use bags, I pick it up with my bare hands and take it home and flush it
Believe it or not this is probably what the city of Vancouver would like you to do.

The garbage day app asks you to flush animal waste instead of using the garbage it compost. The suggestion is to flush it or pay for a service to pick it up.

https://vancouver.ca/parks-recreation-c ... ction.aspx
Dec 23, 2008
22 posts
redflagdealsguy wrote: Nonsense, who's upvoting this garbage? Almost all bags biodegrade over centuries, and they're ripped apart when they're spread across landfills, leading to decomposition of the inside waste.

Buy the OP deal without concern, stop falling for the swansong of anti-scientific feel-good environmentalism. I've never met a more brain-dead group outside of Sens fans.
while there is confusion you're claiming the mantle of "science" here with an opinion that's on the level of "I spent 30 seconds googling" and using that as a bludgeon for a reactionary opinion

anyhow, a cursory look at green bin processing in "York Waste Management Report 2020" (dog bags go there in York Region) suggests it is relevant that those bags are compostable, because it increases cost of processing if they are not. which then leads to the problem of determining what's suitable i.e. compostable and what is just bs branding
Apr 23, 2014
22 posts
11 upvotes
Sherwood Park, AB
hvc wrote: I suggest you both read about the realities of biodegradable bags.

Coles notes: they're biodegradable in theory, but don't actually degrade save for a few specific circumstances, of which your local garbage dump is not. And before you tell me you put them in your green bin: you shouldn't be doing this. Thanks
? Care to provide a source for your massively wide generalization/claim that we simply shouldn't ever be putting them in the green bin?

E.g. my municipality says that you can (search 'pet waste' in this wizard):

https://www.strathcona.ca/your-property ... erial_list
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2015
1165 posts
690 upvotes
Toronto, ON
The city of Toronto has indicated that biodegradable bags should not be put in the green bin, and they consider them no different than regular plastic bags. Toronto also says that biodegradable bags cannot be recycled either, whereas regular plastic bags are recyclable. So looks region specific as to what might be best for the environment.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 31, 2010
7556 posts
6834 upvotes
rufia75 wrote: ? Care to provide a source for your massively wide generalization/claim that we simply shouldn't ever be putting them in the green bin?

E.g. my municipality says that you can (search 'pet waste' in this wizard):

https://www.strathcona.ca/your-property ... erial_list
Your own link says it needs to be a compostable bag (ie the one you use in your green bin). Not biodegradable plastic.

Anything else? lol

Edit: if you've been putting biodegradable bags in your green bin, you're contaminating a good chunk of organic waste that then gets diverted to the landfill. So much for green..
Last edited by hvc on Nov 6th, 2021 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May 28, 2009
37 posts
21 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
Shout out to discountdogpoopbags dot com. Compostable and made in Canada apparently.
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2005
1156 posts
886 upvotes
Waterloo
vanlinda wrote: Surprised nobody mentioned the one from Costco. 720ct (non-biodegradable) and a dispenser, but I find the dispenser always falls off even when it's locked or maybe it's just mine. Available in store for cheaper (I think I paid maybe $13?)
These are $10.99 per 720 in store and include the dispenser.
Jul 25, 2021
100 posts
591 upvotes
Montreal
GiAlRoBe wrote: 5 times per day!? Wow, I'm glad I don't have your kind of dog. That is a lot of poops to pick up every day. We might use about 3 per day here, often enough 2. A bad day requires 4 and that is quite rare. Not too many people need to poop 5X per day, let alone one's dog. If so maybe a medical consultation might be in order. LOL
Big dog = big poops. Got a 100lbs Malinois and he shits twice to 3 times a day taking around 1-3 bags per poop sesh. We feed him a good brand of kibble and he eats at his leisure (supposed to be 3 cups x2 but he usually only eats about 1-2 cups x2/x3 per day).
May 3, 2003
917 posts
864 upvotes
Toronto
OnTheToilet wrote: Big dog = big poops. Got a 100lbs Malinois and he shits twice to 3 times a day taking around 1-3 bags per poop sesh. We feed him a good brand of kibble and he eats at his leisure (supposed to be 3 cups x2 but he usually only eats about 1-2 cups x2/x3 per day).
I've never had a dog bigger than 50lbs. Regularly needing 3 bags for a poop blows my mind. If you live downtown, don't bother picking it up. People will assume it was a police horse.
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
1282 posts
830 upvotes
SASKATOON
Ugh just got mine delivered and they are scented. Why??
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2011
1942 posts
3072 upvotes
VANCOUVER
vanlinda wrote: Surprised nobody mentioned the one from Costco. 720ct (non-biodegradable) and a dispenser, but I find the dispenser always falls off even when it's locked or maybe it's just mine. Available in store for cheaper (I think I paid maybe $13?)
Yeah the Costco bags are my go to. They are $10 for 700 in store. Although I bought the Amazon bags once when the Costco bags were out of stock and the Amazon bags are a bit thicker and easier to open. I still prefer the Costco ones due to price
Sep 4, 2007
765 posts
335 upvotes
I think the point is before shelling out extra for “bio-degradable”, make sure there’s actual truth to what they’re selling you and not just marketing BS to trick you out of more money. No different from “organic” and “recyclable” products.
Mar 17, 2015
965 posts
1981 upvotes
Saskatoon, SK
rfdfan75 wrote: Please don't buy these. They aren't biodegradable and that contributes to worsening landfill issues that happen when you bury thousands of sealed bags of decomposing poop. Please buy biodegradable bags and compost them if you can.
So you probably don't want to hear I double bag before picking up then hey? ROFLMAO... I ain't touching that shit without 'extra' protection, environment be damned! But unlike too many d*** dog owners who drop the bag anywhere out of sight, or worse, tie it to a tree, at least I toss it into the trash so every other human on the planet doesn't need to see or deal with it.
Aug 26, 2011
94 posts
164 upvotes
I'm not an extreme environmental guy but in the case of doggie poop bags, please do consider paying the extra for biodegradable ones! Even if it ends up only in your municipality's trash, at least it will compost. Birds go wild for dog poop and they tend to pick them up from dump sites and drop them off into our oceans and waters.
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2004
2256 posts
6076 upvotes
Vancouver
scottmg wrote: I don't use bags, I pick it up with my bare hands and take it home and flush it
I use my mouth to pick it up so that I don't have to waste water washing my hands.
YOUR MOVE

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)