Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] AmazonBasics USB A Cable Lightning Connector, Premium, MFi Certified iPhone Charger, 4 Inch, 12 Pack $31.45

[OP]
Sep 19, 2004
593 posts
46 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] AmazonBasics USB A Cable Lightning Connector, Premium, MFi Certified iPhone Charger, 4 Inch, 12 Pack $31.45

EA0E6434-1260-40FC-BF2A-A8F4E2332532.jpeg
807FC388-6D9A-402F-90A3-028061B852DD.jpeg

Perfect if you have a bigger multi port charging station. Easier cable management.
26 replies
Deal Addict
May 8, 2004
3360 posts
832 upvotes
Toronto
this cable is shorter than my d*ck, is it even practical at this length?
Nov 12, 2019
76 posts
165 upvotes
Homer88 wrote: this cable is shorter than my d*ck, is it even practical at this length?
The short length is great for charging stations where you have a number of devices all together. Short lengths mean less cord tangles and mess.
Jun 15, 2019
149 posts
211 upvotes
Homer88 wrote: this cable is shorter than my d*ck, is it even practical at this length?
Maybe you should learn from this post and also stack up 12 of them at once?
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
13867 posts
5046 upvotes
Ottawa
Also good for your charging your phone with a battery pack. I have a bunch of these short cables for travelling

I don' t know if I need 12 of them though.

iOS phones might be moving to USB C soon
RFD is not just about saving money, it's about the thrill of the hunt and getting the stuff I want without paying full price like Joe Shmoe did.
This applies to everyday items as well as high end items that I don't really need.
Deal Addict
May 8, 2004
3360 posts
832 upvotes
Toronto
ah I thought about the battery pack too but that means my phone is pretty much tethered to the battery pack and while it's charging I can't use it without holding onto both.
Jul 13, 2020
3 posts
11 upvotes
--iOS phones might be moving to USB C soon
I really hope soon.

Good deal. Shorter length cables have good use too, laptop charging, power bank charging, using in car for apple carplay etc.
Thumbs up for the deal but yea i don't know what you'll do with a 12 pack. Maybe you all can pool in. :)
Apr 7, 2007
594 posts
385 upvotes
Toronto
Not that I need 12 of them, but I use a 4 inch cable in my car and its worked great for years. Zero clutter.
Jun 15, 2019
149 posts
211 upvotes
Manver wrote: Maybe you all can pool in. :)
That's the RFD spirit! Make the deal even better :D
I can almost imagine, once every few months a group of scruffy people gather in a parking lot, each of them holding a box or two. The loot is shared, silent nods... Disperse.
Dec 7, 2013
806 posts
733 upvotes
Quebec
warpdrive wrote: Also good for your charging your phone with a battery pack. I have a bunch of these short cables for travelling

I don' t know if I need 12 of them though.

iOS phones might be moving to USB C soon
Apple is never going to use an industry wide standard

Ever
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
13867 posts
5046 upvotes
Ottawa
Fularu wrote: Apple is never going to use an industry wide standard

Ever
Ok, I guess I'm imagining the fact the iPad I bought has USB-C
Last edited by warpdrive on Aug 1st, 2020 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
RFD is not just about saving money, it's about the thrill of the hunt and getting the stuff I want without paying full price like Joe Shmoe did.
This applies to everyday items as well as high end items that I don't really need.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2012
1829 posts
1178 upvotes
Calgary
Fularu wrote: Apple is never going to use an industry wide standard

Ever
A few of the higher end iPads have switched I believe. So it’s possible...
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
13867 posts
5046 upvotes
Ottawa
Homer88 wrote: ah I thought about the battery pack too but that means my phone is pretty much tethered to the battery pack and while it's charging I can't use it without holding onto both.
Sometimes I need to top the device so I tether it to a battery pack and wrap an elastic band around it, and then put the whole thing in my coat pocket. It beats having a long cable that gets all tangled up,
Last edited by warpdrive on Aug 1st, 2020 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
May 8, 2004
3360 posts
832 upvotes
Toronto
Manver wrote: --iOS phones might be moving to USB C soon
I really hope soon.

Good deal. Shorter length cables have good use too, laptop charging, power bank charging, using in car for apple carplay etc.
Thumbs up for the deal but yea i don't know what you'll do with a 12 pack. Maybe you all can pool in. :)
The push for USB-C isn't for everyone. Me, my girlfriend and my parents combined we probably have at least 30 lightning cables in total and I'd have to replace all of them when Apple moves to USB-C. The only Android device we have between us is a S9 and I have 0 desire to move to USB-C at all.
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
13867 posts
5046 upvotes
Ottawa
Up until last year, I didn't have any USB-C device. All of the sudden I have a few

Macbook
iPad
Dji Osmo Pocket
GoPro 8
Galaxy S9

So I'm starting to stock up on USB-C cables.

The super annoying thing is that USB-C cables aren't clearly marked. You don't know if it's a USB 2.0 or USB 3.1 Gen 1 or USB 3.1 Gen 2. Or if it's a 60W cable or a 100W cable.