• May 22nd, 2021 7:07 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2010
2024 posts
359 upvotes
Brampton

[Amazon.ca] AMD 5900x - $706.17

I added this to my list to watch and notice that Amazon.ca has it cheaper than the other retailers. Its $25+ cheaper and you have to wait for it. But its $25 off.

Just make sure your order it from Amazon.ca not the 3rd parties. Backordered until June 20 as per my order.
5900x.png
Last edited by Ironsmack on May 22nd, 2021 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
46 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2005
4924 posts
2301 upvotes
Markham
just make sure to check the box is unopened. Unlikely to happen since it should be fresh stock but I had two boxes come to me with missing CPU's (3800x early last year). Likely due to comingling fraudulent returns.
Nov 4, 2014
309 posts
317 upvotes
Toronto, ON
evoviii wrote: just make sure to check the box is unopened. Unlikely to happen since it should be fresh stock but I had two boxes come to me with missing CPU's (3800x early last year). Likely due to comingling fraudulent returns.
Seriously? boxes with CPU missing, sounds like Amazon doesn't even take time to check the returned items, how could it be possible?
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2005
4924 posts
2301 upvotes
Markham
archon6784 wrote: Seriously? boxes with CPU missing, sounds like Amazon doesn't even take time to check the returned items, how could it be possible?
Keep in mind they are trying to process everything as fast as possible and use quick and dirty methods (likely just weighing the package)

3800x includes a heatsink. So the weight of the return is pretty much what it should be. So no they don't really check the boxes or they only do spot checks.

That being said, it wasn't that much of a hassle to get one finally. I only warn because some ppl might not check or build until return date passes.
Deal Addict
May 16, 2011
4557 posts
6237 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
Yeah, some Zotac GPUs were shipping empty in the US, and Amazon refused to take them back, IIRC.
Sep 1, 2015
891 posts
1099 upvotes
Definitely only order from Amazon.ca, not third party. Canada especially is being hammered by counterfeits. I've noticed stock being amazon us, amazon canada and amazon uk is following similar stock for things like RAM and CPU. So I wonder if due to how bad everything is, they're just taking and filling all orders similarly. In the past, amazon canada warehousing and prices were different. But a set of RAM I had to buy for a friend from Amazon.ca, sold and shipped from amazon.ca was actually supplied by Amazon global store UK. No change in customs or price etc.
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2013
1103 posts
746 upvotes
Montr
We’re approaching the reasonable price point
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2005
4924 posts
2301 upvotes
Markham
Nikhilvoid wrote: Yeah, some Zotac GPUs were shipping empty in the US, and Amazon refused to take them back, IIRC.
That would really suck. So they do actually refuse some returns even though it was legit
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2002
3474 posts
2015 upvotes
be thankful AMD are around to compete with Intel. Now with Apple and the M1 hopefully the days of Intel stagnating CPU innovation are over.
RFD Admins All Drive Teslas. You should Too!
Jun 4, 2018
214 posts
204 upvotes
Nikhilvoid wrote: Yeah, some Zotac GPUs were shipping empty in the US, and Amazon refused to take them back, IIRC.
If that's true, that sounds like fraud on the part of Amazon - shipping empty boxes and refusing to accept returns.
Sep 10, 2008
70 posts
80 upvotes
Calgary
vane4665 wrote: If that's true, that sounds like fraud on the part of Amazon - shipping empty boxes and refusing to accept returns.
Seems like it would be a fairly easy small claims case to win, you'd just have to go off the shipping manifest on the box weight.
Dec 24, 2014
98 posts
38 upvotes
Locust Hill, ON
sounds like its worth it to do a few unboxing videos.
Nov 4, 2014
309 posts
317 upvotes
Toronto, ON
evoviii wrote: Keep in mind they are trying to process everything as fast as possible and use quick and dirty methods (likely just weighing the package)

3800x includes a heatsink. So the weight of the return is pretty much what it should be. So no they don't really check the boxes or they only do spot checks.

That being said, it wasn't that much of a hassle to get one finally. I only warn because some ppl might not check or build until return date passes.
Well, that really sucks.
And thanks for the reminder.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2007
3866 posts
2631 upvotes
Ontario
Need to update office PC. Wondering what kind of MB you guys recommend? I want 4 slots of Ram and 2 Slots minimal for m.2 slots.

Maybe some recommended ram too haha ;)
Last edited by kanechart on May 13th, 2021 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
---
May 5, 2006
155 posts
195 upvotes
Ottawa
Still getting slightly screwed over the MSRP USA prices of $549 which is approx 667 cad at todays rates, or about 75$ difference with the amazon.ca price of $741.
But times are tough with availability for the 5900x

Thanks OP for the post. Now will have to consider pulling the trigger or not. Still no video card luck so I might just wait until I've secured one of those first.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2010
2024 posts
359 upvotes
Brampton
eeto wrote: That's a lot of notification icons. Astonished Face

Yah, thats why i need the 5900x Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes

pagla wrote: Still getting slightly screwed over the MSRP USA prices of $549 which is approx 667 cad at todays rates, or about 75$ difference with the amazon.ca price of $741.
But times are tough with availability for the 5900x

Thanks OP for the post. Now will have to consider pulling the trigger or not. Still no video card luck so I might just wait until I've secured one of those first.

Ive been on the waiting list on BHPhoto since Jan and i havent had a chance to get it from them.

Ive waited this long and it's a reasonable price IMO, so i just pulled the trigger.
Deal Addict
May 16, 2011
4557 posts
6237 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
kanechart wrote: Need to update office PC. Wondering what kind of MB you guys recommend? I want 4 slots of Ram and 2 Slots minimal for m.2 slots.

x570 Tomahawk or x570 TUF Pro
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2017
1106 posts
918 upvotes
Moncton
kanechart wrote: Need to update office PC. Wondering what kind of MB you guys recommend? I want 4 slots of Ram and 2 Slots minimal for m.2 slots.

Nikhilvoid wrote: x570 Tomahawk or x570 TUF Pro
Or a decent B550 would do the trick. All the same features as X570 with the only real difference being a lower number of lanes so it's only an issue if you plan to populate more than one PCIe X16/8 slot at which time they start turning off sata ports and/or downgrading the second NVMe slot. (I grabbed a B550 Tomahawk during the lead up to christmas and have been more than happy with it).

edit: If you're grabbing a 5XXX processor you will still probably need to flash the bios so it's a good idea to stick with a motherboard that has the ability to flash without a processor or memory installed (look for a "flash bios" button on the rear IO panel).
Last edited by sswilson on May 13th, 2021 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Koodo 8GB UL T&T @ $45 (ported in from Public Mobile)
ASUS Zenfone 3 Zoom @ $299 / Certified Pre-Owned Huawei P20 @ $240 / Huawei P20 + Huawei Watch GT @ $240
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2007
3866 posts
2631 upvotes
Ontario
Nikhilvoid wrote: x570 Tomahawk or x570 TUF Pro
Thanks I see a decent Tomahawk one for $300, not so much Asus, but prob out of stock as I'm just checking on Amazon.
---

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)