Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] AMD Ryzen 5 3400G 4-Core, 8-thread unlocked CPU - $140.15

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 6th, 2019 12:59 pm
Jul 23, 2019
8 posts
Netcruzer wrote: 3200G. Not surprised, but concerned about getting dinged as a fraudulent return due to the mistakes. How are you contacting Amazon support?

9276746C-BE6D-411A-9977-F754C1A75749.jpeg
i just used the chat online, may get a better response by calling.
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2004
1570 posts
593 upvotes
ColeS16886 wrote: i just used the chat online, may get a better response by calling.
Tried the chat session while at work. Rep said high number of complaints about incorrect Ryzen cpus.. (LOL).. yeah the description is still wrong.

Anyway.. they offered 25% to keep it (declined).. then offered a return (and said don't worry about item description mismatch... Yikes.. we know how well that went for EE2)
In the end I chose to try to return it and hopefully it's accepted.. and pushed for a credit as I need to rebuy another CPU. Got $10 promo applied on account.
That's all...
Is it worth keeping for some of you at just over $100 if I had accepted the 25% partial refund to keep it? Maybe for someone.. not for me.
Always in search of a great deal....
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2015
1688 posts
1732 upvotes
Toronto
CSR offered to send replacement lol
I'm not hopeful though
CSR: Ok it seems alright for the order details and it means that the issue could be at the packing so in that case I can help you with a replacement on return for the item and escalate this and make sure the correct item is sent to you this time. Will that be fine?

me: please and thank you. how will you ensure the correct item? it is not being picked by you

CSR: as the order states that 3400G should be sent to you and you got the other on as sometimes there are issue and the wrong items are sent and we create a replacement so that the correct one is sent
Jul 23, 2019
8 posts
meepsheep wrote: CSR offered to send replacement lol
I'm not hopeful though
I was told they dont have any 3400g in stock that are sold and fulfilled by amazon so a replacement couldnt be done.
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2015
1688 posts
1732 upvotes
Toronto
ColeS16886 wrote: I was told they dont have any 3400g in stock that are sold and fulfilled by amazon so a replacement couldnt be done.
I talked to the guy at 11:14 AM EST / 8:11 AM PDT
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
3241 posts
609 upvotes
Netcruzer wrote: Tried the chat session while at work. Rep said high number of complaints about incorrect Ryzen cpus.. (LOL).. yeah the description is still wrong.

Anyway.. they offered 25% to keep it (declined).. then offered a return (and said don't worry about item description mismatch... Yikes.. we know how well that went for EE2)
In the end I chose to try to return it and hopefully it's accepted.. and pushed for a credit as I need to rebuy another CPU. Got $10 promo applied on account.
That's all...
Is it worth keeping for some of you at just over $100 if I had accepted the 25% partial refund to keep it? Maybe for someone.. not for me.
how did you get such a discount offered?
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2006
1119 posts
290 upvotes
KW
Netcruzer wrote:
I managed to get 25% plus a month of Prime so I just kept the 3200G. I also used like $10.00 worth of credit (the kind that disappears if you cancel or refund an order) so my CPU ended up costing me a little under $100.00 before tax. Given the performance of the 3200G (especially overclocked) I just kept it. Yes, a 3400G would be better but it would have ended up costing me an extra $100.00 which is not worth it.

Performance of the 3200 vs 3400 in gaming is very small in most games once overclocked, but the extra threads on the 3400G can really help in DRM heavy games like assassins creed. What's cool is the 3200G is basically at parity with the 8 thread 2400G when at stock speeds, and actually a little faster once overclocked.

EEE2 wrote: how did you get such a discount offered?
With Amazon I've had a lot of success just being friendly and patient but being persistent with what I want. I just told them I'd keep the processor if they give me a 25% discount and a month of prime. They gave me discount in the form of a gift card which is fine but if you can convince them to re-credit your original payment you actually save a bit more because taxes.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
1582 posts
1253 upvotes
ColeS16886 wrote: Received the 3200g as well, contacted amazon all they would do is initiate a return. they apparently dont have any 3400g in stock that are sold and shipped by amazon so they cant do a replacement. what a joke....
well we all knew it was the 3200. its just people were hoping for a 3400. description was clearly a 3200 and so was the price. not sure what you were expecting..... $40 off a chip only out a month thats a big seller?
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2009
1214 posts
886 upvotes
39.0392° N, 125.7625…
karnige wrote: .. description was clearly a 3200 and so was the price. not sure what you were expecting..... $40 off a chip only out a month thats a big seller?
Well, not totally clearly. The technical description for the cpu still says "Processor 4 GHz Ryzen 3 2200G . The price has also leaped to $141.46.
Jul 23, 2019
8 posts
karnige wrote: well we all knew it was the 3200. its just people were hoping for a 3400. description was clearly a 3200 and so was the price. not sure what you were expecting..... $40 off a chip only out a month thats a big seller?
That's the thing, I just thought it was an amazing deal... I spoke with them on chat before I placed my order due to the discrepancy in the ad and I was assured I would receive a 3400G.
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2006
4947 posts
245 upvotes
Toronto
Hmm, so I think I am a bit screwed over with this CPU. There are no B450 mini-ITX boards that come with CPU-less BIOS flash and there are no X570 readily available in that form factor (even then, I wouldn't spend another $100 to use an entry-level CPU with it). I don't want to run in the issues with returning the incorrect item but I am also wondering if AMD will give me a hassle (as my invoice will not match my actual CPU) if I apply to their program to get a loaner CPU to flash the correct BIOS.

Without paying Canada Computers $50, I think my alternatives right now are to switch my HTPC build to a micro-ATX form factor (the MSI B450 non-ITX can be flashed without a CPU) or wait until the B550 mobos come out...
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2015
1688 posts
1732 upvotes
Toronto
They sent me 3200g as replacement. These people have no idea what they're doing. Need to contact Amazon CSR again!!!Weary Face

EDIT:
Amazon dude offered ANOTHER replacement. He said I should be getting the 3400g.
Guy promised to let his higher ups know about it to be fixed, the listing he said.
Last edited by meepsheep on Jul 27th, 2019 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 19, 2015
34 posts
34 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
After twice replacement where both item was 3200G, Amazon via phone agreed to 50% of first one and I return the second one. Online chat would only do full refund since I got item sent twice and they wanted to investigate why item was incorrect.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)