Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] AMD Ryzen 5 3400G 4-Core, 8-thread unlocked CPU - $140.15

  • Last Updated:
  • Aug 6th, 2019 12:59 pm
Newbie
User avatar
Jul 19, 2019
3 posts
1 upvote
Just grabbed one. Hopefully they ship it (and the right one), if not at least get the free credits when I send back the wrong processor (if that's the case)
Deal Fanatic
Jan 12, 2017
9332 posts
2279 upvotes
Scarberia
karnige wrote: pretty sure your going to get the 3200.
So I should not buy this? 3200 for 133bux all in. Tia
*SIG: Ryzen??? R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit @39.99$
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
1389 posts
1064 upvotes
mikka2017 wrote: So I should not buy this? 3200 for 133bux all in. Tia
I mean it's selling for $140 at most places which is why Amazon cut the price. question is why do you want it. what's the purpose.
Member
Feb 2, 2017
373 posts
427 upvotes
karnige wrote: pretty sure your going to get the 3200.
It's fine since it's sold by Amazon. They might even honor it.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
1389 posts
1064 upvotes
jaydubz wrote: It's fine since it's sold by Amazon. They might even honor it.
the title is just an error. the description and specs clearly are for the 3200. and if you go to the 3200 it shows the 3400 specs. it's not about honoring it. the SKU will match the correct CPU I'm sure.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 12, 2017
9332 posts
2279 upvotes
Scarberia
karnige wrote: I mean it's selling for $140 at most places which is why Amazon cut the price. question is why do you want it. what's the purpose.
No gaming just want 60fps youtube 4k vids. I have rx460 card
*SIG: Ryzen??? R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit @39.99$
Penalty Box
User avatar
May 15, 2016
5021 posts
1699 upvotes
Good deal or is the 3900x a better bang for the buck?
Sr. Member
Dec 6, 2012
943 posts
357 upvotes
Regina
vivibaby wrote: Good deal or is the 3900x a better bang for the buck?
The r9 s realistically only $100 off it ships...

Obviously the r9 3900x is a longer term investment for most people.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Sep 6, 2006
7895 posts
2789 upvotes
Washington, DC
Nikhilvoid wrote: I "got" the 3900x, but I feel this would be more my speed for gaming. Should I upgrade from an i7 2700k to this? CPU Passmark says it's a little faster, but maybe bigger difference in 4k fps?

edit: nvm, I guess I'll cancel my 3900x order too. In case anyone else is thinking about not upgrading yet: Image
Still running a 2500k @ 4.5ghz @ 4K. I only need to maintain min fps 60+ and I haven't had a problem doing that.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
Abraham Lincoln
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2007
5438 posts
678 upvotes
Calgary
Is there a b450 motherboard work with 3400g without bios update?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 18, 2008
1883 posts
352 upvotes
mucat wrote: Is there a b450 motherboard work with 3400g without bios update?
Look for ones that allow flashing BIOS without a CPU installed. That way is just an annoyance and not a big issue.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
25211 posts
5464 upvotes
XGonGiveItToYa wrote: Everybody is too busy over the 3900x deal.
Yeah because spending $550+ on a CPU seems like a great idea :rolleyes: Especially for folks that will never need or make good use of 12 cores. Never understood the obsession with paying more than $500 for a CPU.

Anyway apparently the "3000" G series aren't even Zen 2, they are Zen+. scAMD always doing some crap to their iGPU processors :rolleyes:
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
25211 posts
5464 upvotes
vivibaby wrote: Good deal or is the 3900x a better bang for the buck?
Unless I'm missing something 3900X is over $550 (latest RFD deal I see posted) so dunno how that's better bang for the buck given it's a 12 core processor anyone buying a $150 CPU probably has no use for.

If you actually need and will make use of the 12 cores on the 3900X then sure go for it. Otherwise save the extra $400 and use for something less nerdy.

Edit: Ohh I get it the $550 is a price error. So what it's still $550, and I stick to the above.
Sr. Member
Nov 17, 2013
791 posts
132 upvotes
WINNIPEG
So is this processor decent for modern use content creation, specifically photoshop and learning after effects? Or will any intel dual core run rings around it? Is this equivalent to intel celeron processors?

How loud is the stock fan on this? Good for htpc use?

Thanks.
Sr. Member
Apr 1, 2017
911 posts
1456 upvotes
ES_Revenge wrote: Unless I'm missing something 3900X is over $550 (latest RFD deal I see posted) so dunno how that's better bang for the buck given it's a 12 core processor anyone buying a $150 CPU probably has no use for.

If you actually need and will make use of the 12 cores on the 3900X then sure go for it. Otherwise save the extra $400 and use for something less nerdy.

Edit: Ohh I get it the $550 is a price error. So what it's still $550, and I stick to the above.
It's not even that good of a price error though. Regular price is $690 so you're really just getting a discount that would come several months down the line anyway.
Blowing all savings from RFD on deals from RFD 😂

Top