Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 w/ Cooler $239

  • Last Updated:
  • Mar 16th, 2022 9:40 am
15 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 8, 2005
2489 posts
946 upvotes
Vancouver
Good value processor. I did get this almost a year ago from CC in a bundle with a Samsung 970 Evo m.2 500gb drive for $300. The price of the CPU worked out to $220.
You Have No Life If You Can Calculate It Mathematically
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2020
1643 posts
5496 upvotes
bought this about a year ago for about $50 more. been working great since. thinking of someday upgrading to a 5800x but too much cheddar right now.
Sr. Member
Jun 4, 2011
553 posts
894 upvotes
Toronto
How is this good value? A 12400F just slays this and it isn't even close.
Member
Dec 21, 2019
302 posts
645 upvotes
Havox07 wrote: How is this good value? A 12400F just slays this and it isn't even close.
The 12400f normally gets 20-25fps more in games, and is a generally stronger chip, yeah.

I got the 3600 last year from amazon for $209, but right now, for the same price, there's no doubt I probably would have went with Intel.

But, at the time, I wanted an AMD build (had intel my whole life) and for others, they might already have an AMD mobo, so they have no choice for a simple upgrade.
Deal Addict
Aug 8, 2005
2489 posts
946 upvotes
Vancouver
SideFFect26 wrote: The 12400f normally gets 20-25fps more in games, and is a generally stronger chip, yeah.

I got the 3600 last year from amazon for $209, but right now, for the same price, there's no doubt I probably would have went with Intel.

But, at the time, I wanted an AMD build (had intel my whole life) and for others, they might already have an AMD mobo, so they have no choice for a simple upgrade.
Last year Intel didn't have their cards out. I have no regrets on getting th 3600 last year. It's been super solid for me!
You Have No Life If You Can Calculate It Mathematically
Member
Aug 8, 2006
224 posts
92 upvotes
Halifax
Cleaned out at that price on Amazon, Best Buy still has some. Good option I guess if you still have a 300 series board that hasn’t got an updated bios for the 5000 chips. I mean amd just announced official support yesterday, but who knows if all the manufacturers will step up (looking at Asus, lol)
Sr. Member
User avatar
Aug 24, 2009
758 posts
388 upvotes
Mississauga
Guest8372412 wrote: Could a 3600 or 3600x be paired with a 3080 with longevity?
I have a 3600 with a 3080. I game as high of res as possible on a 4k 48” OLED, and don’t see any indicators that a 3600 will be the bottleneck anytime soon. If you’re a 1080p 144+ hz gamer, then maybe you’d see a difference with a newer chip. But I think it’s a lot of hair splitting vs cost depending on what hardware you already have.
Member
User avatar
Dec 3, 2019
246 posts
430 upvotes
As long as you're playing at 1440p and above the CPU matters so little that you might as well save a few bucks on it if you need to.

I see almost zero difference between my old 3600x and my 5600x in gaming
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2020
2621 posts
2435 upvotes
DaveB596 wrote: As long as you're playing at 1440p and above the CPU matters so little that you might as well save a few bucks on it if you need to.

I see almost zero difference between my old 3600x and my 5600x in gaming
It doesnt even matter what res really, better than a 3600 only really benefits select few games. Most people are gpu bound, especially in 2022.
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2020
2621 posts
2435 upvotes
SideFFect26 wrote: The 12400f normally gets 20-25fps more in games, and is a generally stronger chip, yeah.

I got the 3600 last year from amazon for $209, but right now, for the same price, there's no doubt I probably would have went with Intel.

But, at the time, I wanted an AMD build (had intel my whole life) and for others, they might already have an AMD mobo, so they have no choice for a simple upgrade.
Sure, but thats 120 fps vs 145 fps in most new games. If you are just building now maybe its worth it, but you can get a mobo for a 3600 for almost nothing these days.

Top