Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

AMOSTING Magnetic Blocks 100PCS with wheels $33.22

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 15th, 2020 10:37 am
Oct 16, 2002
834 posts
674 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] AMOSTING Magnetic Blocks 100PCS with wheels $33.22

It's a great set for kids to play with & understand 3D world. The price is lowest it's ever been.

Got this a year ago but in a smaller set (64pcs) and made a good gift for holidays (smaller set has a sale also : https://www.amazon.ca/AMOSTING-Magnetic ... 06WWRDBLG/
)

The quality has been good - nothing broke, so I'm going to order this set this year.

Last edited by TomRFD on Sep 14th, 2020 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added price to title
19 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2006
1942 posts
1739 upvotes
Center of the univer…
Whats the difference between these and 50 other sellers selling the same thing for the same price
Sep 26, 2013
597 posts
1192 upvotes
My daughter has 2 sets from another brand as gifts. They are fun to play with but I don't believe it worths $30+. I would buy these if the asking price is around $15. Even the bigger set doesn't give you enough piece with different shapes. most of them are the same size square or triangle.
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2014
1064 posts
872 upvotes
Vancouver
we already have 2 sets of these and i think they r reg. around $50 which seems bit over priced but for $30 it seems not bad but my wife said 'NO!' so im out! Grinning Face
Dec 28, 2015
29 posts
41 upvotes
North York, ON
How do these compare with magformers?
Feb 17, 2010
362 posts
61 upvotes
As long as the magnet is good. Its a decent price
Sep 8, 2008
733 posts
285 upvotes
Aquila87 wrote: How do these compare with magformers?
Are these cross-compatible with magformers?
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2007
1065 posts
1737 upvotes
BC
One thing about the wheels. You'll need to check if the set includes a rectangular piece (basically two squares connected to each other) to keep the two sets of wheels together. The magnets (regardless of brand) don't hold the square pieces together if your kid intends on pushing their creation around. Otherwise whatever they create just falls apart.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 30, 2003
6632 posts
1249 upvotes
Toronto
soupmaster666 wrote: The difference between the brand name and knockoff products like this are not apparent in the first few years. After 3 to 5 years you'll find the magnets on most of the cheap ones will delaminate and corrode, which means they will come loose.

So like all children's toys, inspect them periodically and as soon as you see any sign of failure, throw those pieces away.

No since keeping dangerous $0.30 pieces of it means making a trip to the emergency room because your child swallowed a magnet, or has a sliver from corroded chrome stuck in their skin or eye.
3-5 years? Bro do you even have children? Either toys don't last a season (mainly winter ) or kids loose interest. I don't think many people keep toys for that long? or is it just me?
GTA Housing: Supply is the only Metrics that Matters ... until its solved.
Stay in the know - subscribe.
Deal Addict
Sep 25, 2002
2490 posts
196 upvotes
I wouldn't give a cheap toy with magnets in it to a kid under 3. They can seriously injure themselves if the magnets come loose and they swallow them.

But hey, whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger right?
Mar 24, 2003
725 posts
194 upvotes
PrinceMS wrote: 3-5 years? Bro do you even have children? Either toys don't last a season (mainly winter ) or kids loose interest. I don't think many people keep toys for that long? or is it just me?
Other than Lego these (another brand) have been used by my niece and nephew the longest, definitely longer than 5 years now.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 19, 2005
5202 posts
2486 upvotes
Vancity
My kids loved these for...one week. Now they are used to hold art and pictures up on the fridge.
signature closed for renovation
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2009
2536 posts
1726 upvotes
Kitchener
soupmaster666 wrote: The difference between the brand name and knockoff products like this are not apparent in the first few years. After 3 to 5 years you'll find the magnets on most of the cheap ones will delaminate and corrode, which means they will come loose.

So like all children's toys, inspect them periodically and as soon as you see any sign of failure, throw those pieces away.

No since keeping dangerous $0.30 pieces of it means making a trip to the emergency room because your child swallowed a magnet, or has a sliver from corroded chrome stuck in their skin or eye.
The magnets are not exposed, the are behind plastic.
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2009
1521 posts
3565 upvotes
keyser-soze wrote: The magnets are not exposed, the are behind plastic.
It doesn't matter. The cheap version of these toys have been responsible for countless injuries to children. The magnets in these toys are pried loose, or snapped off and swallowed. Swallowing these magnets requires surgery, and can result in the lose of intestine tissue.
But hey! They are a cheap knockoff, so maybe saving ten bucks is worth it ;)
Amazon used to automatically warn people against these knockoffs, and delete the listings once they are flagged; but these knockoff companies have simply flooded the Amazon market, making that system break down.

Buy actual Magformers, or don't be surprised if you win a ready sad Darwin award.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2009
2536 posts
1726 upvotes
Kitchener
MikoWilson wrote: It doesn't matter. The cheap version of these toys have been responsible for countless injuries to children. The magnets in these toys are pried loose, or snapped off and swallowed. Swallowing these magnets requires surgery, and can result in the lose of intestine tissue.
But hey! They are a cheap knockoff, so maybe saving ten bucks is worth it ;)
Amazon used to automatically warn people against these knockoffs, and delete the listings once they are flagged; but these knockoff companies have simply flooded the Amazon market, making that system break down.

Buy actual Magformers, or don't be surprised if you win a ready sad Darwin award.
I was commenting in regards to this point you stated "has a sliver from corroded chrome stuck in their skin or eye."
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
3365 posts
3737 upvotes
Toronto
Please do not buy these

Public Mobile customer
Lucky Mobile customer
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
1559 posts
1745 upvotes
When it comes to children toys, I don't gamble with cheap knockoffs.

Especially with magnets.
RFD: Pick any two.
  • In stock
  • Low Price
  • Quality Product
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2005
17068 posts
1830 upvotes
Thornhill
Thanks for the post, but I would be reluctant to buy knock off toys for my kids... for both safety and ethical reasons.

bjl
What we do in life echoes in Eternity... and in Google cache.
RFD discounts for Schluter products
Feb 3, 2015
209 posts
139 upvotes
Montreal, QC
PrinceMS wrote: 3-5 years? Bro do you even have children? Either toys don't last a season (mainly winter ) or kids loose interest. I don't think many people keep toys for that long? or is it just me?
Captain here to save your day, and everyone else that upvoted you.
Hide the toy for about 1 month or plus (according to your kids age)
Gift him the toy over and over again, repeat the process until the memory of your kid is good enough to remember even though you hide it for a long time.

You should all rotate your kids toys periodically.
Oct 16, 2002
834 posts
674 upvotes
FleshMoulder wrote:
You should all rotate your kids toys periodically.
I just rotate my kids periodically.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)