Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] [ANC headphone]e8d mighty rock ANC wireless headphone(amazon canada)(90)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 14th, 2019 5:21 pm
[OP]
Dec 15, 2018
20 posts
2 upvotes

[Amazon Canada] [ANC headphone]e8d mighty rock ANC wireless headphone(amazon canada)(90)

For one of these chinese anc headphones this appears to be quite overpriced, but after doing some quick research into active noise cancelling I may have a reason for this. I took note of the awful looks of this thing, with the vent hole in the side and I conclude that there is probably a microphone both on the inside near the driver and on the outside under the vent. The vent driver helps with the higher frequencies while the inside driver does most of the work. If this is true it would be worth the extra cost as this is the same setup as the one used in top of the line headphones.

For reference, the bt 4.50 Sennheiser only has the inside mic so this would beat it in terms of anc performance(if my guess is right).
10 replies
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2003
7669 posts
3125 upvotes
MVRD
jaquehammer wrote:
Apr 14th, 2019 1:28 pm
For reference, the bt 4.50 Sennheiser only has the inside mic so this would beat it in terms of anc performance(if my guess is right).
No, that's not how ANC performance is gauged.
[OP]
Dec 15, 2018
20 posts
2 upvotes
chatbox wrote:
Apr 14th, 2019 2:20 pm
No, that's not how ANC performance is gauged.
I find that cheap ANC headphones have very robust performance compared to xm3 or qc35, especially for the price. Within 80% id say. The direct shortcoming with the cheap one is that the inside mic does not pick up high frequencies, so those just dont work in that respect. Most people who dont know( and dont care) about how anc works will absolutely gauge performance on the ability to cancel higher frequencies, so I might go as far as to say this is technically and practically better than the bt4.50.

that said, only way to say for sure is anecdotal evidence. Ill post back next week with results
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2010
2046 posts
1101 upvotes
montreal
At that price, I would go with a more "known" brand like MPOW or Bluedio that would be in the same price/performance range.
Jan 19, 2008
770 posts
188 upvotes
Pierrefonds
I wouldn't touch these with a 10 foot pole
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2007
6018 posts
1105 upvotes
Vancouver Island, BC
jaquehammer wrote:
Apr 14th, 2019 2:33 pm

that said, only way to say for sure is anecdotal evidence.
jaquehammer wrote:
Apr 14th, 2019 2:47 pm

The reviews are useless
Huh?

The reviews are anecdotal evidence.

Non sequitur?
Earthlings, you're evicted.
You are not getting the damage deposit back.

God
Sep 29, 2008
997 posts
656 upvotes
Toronto - Markham/Sc…
jaquehammer wrote:
Apr 14th, 2019 2:33 pm
I find that cheap ANC headphones have very robust performance compared to xm3 or qc35, especially for the price. Within 80% id say. The direct shortcoming with the cheap one is that the inside mic does not pick up high frequencies, so those just dont work in that respect. Most people who dont know( and dont care) about how anc works will absolutely gauge performance on the ability to cancel higher frequencies, so I might go as far as to say this is technically and practically better than the bt4.50.

that said, only way to say for sure is anecdotal evidence. Ill post back next week with results
Are you serious? Did you just compare the 2 best ANC headphones on the market with no name Chinese ANC that look, feel and perform like cracker Jack toys?

Where are you basing this 80% number off of?
Oct 12, 2012
678 posts
797 upvotes
amkorp wrote:
Apr 14th, 2019 4:08 pm
Are you serious? Did you just compare the 2 best ANC headphones on the market with no name Chinese ANC that look, feel and perform like cracker Jack toys?

Based off of how much he wants to increase his sales by
Oct 28, 2007
147 posts
74 upvotes
Toronto
amkorp wrote:
Apr 14th, 2019 4:08 pm

The isolation rating on rtings.com for a few cheapo Chinese ANC cans (H10/Cowin) are within 80% of QC35. 80% bass /mid isolation is good enough for beater commute use and disposable wireless ANC muffs. Personally my Mpow H5s are comparable to my old QC25s (except treble), though the rtings review suggest otherwise. I think quality control is probably the issue, my first pair was ANC dud and the replacement worked really well. If you have pleb ears or listen to lots of podcast, $60-100 Chifi ANC cans are more than enough.