Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Angelcare Sassy 5" Movement, Video & Sound Monitor with Wireless Sensor Pad Baby Monitor $240.61

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 5th, 2018 10:09 am
[OP]
Apr 18, 2007
471 posts
507 upvotes
Cambridge

[Amazon.ca] Angelcare Sassy 5" Movement, Video & Sound Monitor with Wireless Sensor Pad Baby Monitor $240.61

My wife and I are expecting our first baby due in August. She has been doing a ton of research for video baby monitors. She really liked this one. We have been keeping an eye on this one for months and finally it is on sale! Seems like a HOT deal to me. I already ordered mine

https://www.amazon.ca/Angelcare-Movemen ... by+monitor
10 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2008
2758 posts
2705 upvotes
My friend bought one of these and had a few false alarms on the movement sensor for the first week and returned it.

I suggest getting a camera with wifi capability so you can view on your phone. Useful if you are not in vicinity of the monitor. Can then reuse as security monitor after.
[OP]
Apr 18, 2007
471 posts
507 upvotes
Cambridge
slimysnot wrote: My friend bought one of these and had a few false alarms on the movement sensor for the first week and returned it.

I suggest getting a camera with wifi capability so you can view on your phone. Useful if you are not in vicinity of the monitor. Can then reuse as security monitor after.
I wanted to get a wifi one but my wife is all paranoid about people hacking it. apparently it is pretty common. The reason for most false alarms was because it depends on your mattress and they suggest you put a wood board under the mattress. We bought the proper mattress and the wood board. If it still gives false alarms, then I will know it was a bad product
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2017
1084 posts
2349 upvotes
lel
I'm finding it hard to look at the reviews neutrally for different baby monitors.... I haven't seen any go above 3 stars because people get really opinionated about baby stuff
Virgin $30 for $15 GB
Good toilet paper/paper towel deals
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2015
1520 posts
1154 upvotes
Nanaimo
i have this set, i got it for $180 (50% off) through amazon last year. It's a great set. I like that it doesn't use wifi because we can take it camping and rely on the radio signal which has a great range.
[OP]
Apr 18, 2007
471 posts
507 upvotes
Cambridge
S0lidus wrote: i have this set, i got it for $180 (50% off) through amazon last year. It's a great set. I like that it doesn't use wifi because we can take it camping and rely on the radio signal which has a great range.
Wow! I wish I found it for that price. We have yet to use it but we did buy it. Baby is scheduled to arrive in August
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2002
1275 posts
356 upvotes
Oakville
Still debating between this, snuza and owlet. The one caveat for the angelcare is you can't use it with memory foam or dual sided mattresses.
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2003
1357 posts
595 upvotes
Ontario
We were in the same boat a while back and went with this one:

https://www.amazon.ca/Motorola-MBP33S-V ... by+monitor

I, too, didn't want WiFi because I was paranoid about what would be being sent to the cloud, etc. It's been a decent setup. No motion sensor, but the video/audio quality is good and night vision mode is good too.
Aug 16, 2017
128 posts
138 upvotes
I have this unit. It's pretty good but we have only used the video monitor so far because our 3 month old is still sleeping in the bassinet and is not in the crib yet.

Just in case anyone wants to save a little money, the exact same package but with a 4.3" screen (vs 5") is $160:
https://www.amazon.ca/Angelcare-Movemen ... onitor+417
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2015
1689 posts
2240 upvotes
Roxboro, QC
These types of movement detectors are more prone to false alarms. I would suggest buying a 100$ Foscam camera along with a Snuza diaper-clip on monitor.

There's a third party app on google play/apple called TinyCam and it's great for baby cams.