[Amazon.ca] Anker 20100mAh Portable Powerbank 39.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 3rd, 2020 2:10 am
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
13696 posts
4839 upvotes
Ottawa
kingofkingz wrote: 3. it makes your device warm to hot - my iphone would get extremely warm to the point that i was worried the battery get damaged.

Charging always gets your phone HOT. It's actually better to charge slower for that reason if you just need to charge it overnight. I keep slow chargers around for that reason. You can't have fast and cool at the same time.

I always recommend buying a device to check the USB output....kind of like this one. That way, you know what power your device is actually pulling and whether the charger is doing what it claims
RFD is not just about saving money, it's about the thrill of the hunt and getting the stuff I want without paying full price like Joe Shmoe did.
This applies to everyday items as well as high end items that I don't really need.
Sep 17, 2018
213 posts
175 upvotes
Excellent bank, filed a warranty claim after a certain feta cheese incident. Anker processed it no problem, will continue with the brand happily after that. Good amount of power, slim form factor (though heavy), and personally have found it charges my android device at a reasonable rate, big downside is micro usb. Bought one for my mom for xmas and she loves it.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2007
4978 posts
4567 upvotes
yashgandhi wrote: Micro USB input. You will be carrying around extra cable just to charge the battery pack.
Agreed, plus no QC and obviously no PD. Frankly, there are lots of better options.
Feb 18, 2007
549 posts
618 upvotes
Vancouver
repatch wrote: Agreed, plus no QC and obviously no PD. Frankly, there are lots of better options.
Fine to poop on deals, but at least suggest something better.
Mar 23, 2005
495 posts
53 upvotes
Toronto
yashgandhi wrote: Micro USB input. You will be carrying around extra cable just to charge the battery pack.
I had a smaller anker for years and its still running strong and charges my devices quickly. I got a small multi usb cable charger, similar to link below, from a supplier at my old job and its been invaluable. I just keep it connected to the powerbank (which you can use to charge as well), and it also helps charge my older devices like my bluetooth speaker or bike lights. I'm everyone's best friend when someone needs some juice too. I've gone through many powerbanks, and the anker ones have always been solidly reliable and robust.

https://www.amazon.ca/CHAFON-Compatible ... 07WZF7MJC/

Feb 1, 2004
802 posts
121 upvotes
Markham
warpdrive wrote: If you want PD and USB-C, their current model is this one but not on sale right now. Of course, there are other brands too.

https://www.amazon.ca/Anker-PowerCore-E ... ics&sr=1-3

There are so many damn charger models even among one brand....hard to keep track of them all. IQ1.0, IQ2.0, IQ3.0, Some with PD 2.0, 3.0 etc.
Got this for $59 few months ago. They do come on sale from time to time. Wait for the next sale. Probably soon since the other brands are going on sale right now.