• Jun 23rd, 2022 11:02 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2006
1781 posts
1228 upvotes
Center of the univer…

[Amazon.ca] Anker 20w charger - $16 and a bunch of other charging accessories

No matter what people say about Anker products, they are still the leaders when it comes to charging accessories with a very decent 18 month warranty and I have personally gotten replacement for old powerbanks that were not operating well even after a year use.

The very well reviewed folding 20w charger is currently on sale for $15.99

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B09491172V

and saw a bunch of other cables and a USB hub also on sale under Daily Deals

https://www.amazon.ca/Anker-PowerExpand ... B096LV7W9D

https://www.amazon.ca/deal/4b5e910e
27 replies
Jul 8, 2013
321 posts
328 upvotes
AMHERST
This is my favourite form factor for cheapies, but PD has pranked me.

I want 12V for some LED projects, and it’s rare to find a USB-C charger that does 12V (even among those that advertise it).

This one also does not. 5V and 9V only.
That being said, I still might buy it...
Penalty Box
Aug 11, 2019
1658 posts
2097 upvotes
holyspectral wrote: Just got these at my local Costco last weekend for $29.99. They’re also on sale on its website too for $38.89. FYI.

2 chargers and two iPhone cables included.

https://www.costco.ca/anker-powerport-i ... 57835.html
that is definitely a good deal, i dont know if thats still going on, but for people who cant get it from costco for whatever reason, and not in a rush, this listing was slightly cheaper last week at x2 for 28.99, if u can wait, im sure it'll go back down again, lightning deal in april was 27.99

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B09491FT41

i snatched these and paired them with these USB C-C cables

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B09BN8KLH5

you can find other 6ft C-C anker cables for 14-16 ish, but the plus side for these is, the cables are rated for 100w, so they can be used for laptop charging with other bricks
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2012
1650 posts
1108 upvotes
Near You
Unless you're after exactly one charger, it's better to get the Costco deal.

Otherwise, 15.99 is a solid deal
• AMEX PlatinumAeroplan Reserve
• MC HSBC Premier WESTACK • Visa CIBC Aeroplan VIPTD Aeroplan VI
• TD • HSBC Premier • Tangerine • Fido 25GB/35$ • Public Mobile • Google Fi • Novus 1GIG/60$
Feb 27, 2013
255 posts
499 upvotes
Québec
joshfindit wrote: This is my favourite form factor for cheapies, but PD has pranked me.

I want 12V for some LED projects, and it’s rare to find a USB-C charger that does 12V (even among those that advertise it).

This one also does not. 5V and 9V only.
That being said, I still might buy it...
I'm in the same boat, but more hardcore.

I want 45-60w on the 20v spec. Finding chargers that do that on a budget is much more difficult.

I have a 65w Gan charger with dual usb c and single usb A port and its great, but I want to have 65w output simultaneously....
May 19, 2005
458 posts
588 upvotes
Vancouver/Toronto
Task514 wrote: If you don't mind the slightly bigger size... Samsung is still selling their 25W charger for $12.50

https://www.samsung.com/ca/mobile-acces ... 800nbegca/

Their 15W charger is also on sale at $10
Dumb question, I bought the 25W Superfast charger for S22. Def Superfast charge and reg slow cable charge, but not fast charge.
Does that mean I need to buy the 15w or Anker to get fast charge?
Supercharge def handy when needed, but worry about batt degradation and I charge only 85% most days.
Ty
Daydreaming about the food in Richmond, B.c.. I miss that place :) :cry:
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2006
2639 posts
1438 upvotes
YVR
Ms G wrote: Dumb question, I bought the 25W Superfast charger for S22. Def Superfast charge and reg slow cable charge, but not fast charge.
Supercharge def handy when needed, but worry about batt degradation and I charge only 85% most days.
Ty
I'm in the camp that believes the PPS Super Fast Charge 25W spec is the same on battery degradation if not better VS the 15W fast charge.
The Anker 15W should get you regular fast charge if thats what you're looking for, as I have the Samsung 15W from the S10 series and it regular fast charges on the S22.
Zoomer Boomer
May 19, 2005
458 posts
588 upvotes
Vancouver/Toronto
TeriyakiJack wrote: I'm in the camp that believes the PPS Super Fast Charge 25W spec is the same on battery degradation if not better VS the 15W fast charge.
The Anker 15W should get you regular fast charge if thats what you're looking for, as I have the Samsung 15W from the S10 series and it regular fast charges on the S22.
Appreciate the explanation about batt degradation. Purchased Superfast Charger assuming it covers all three level of charge options for S22+🤦🏻‍♀️.
Will replace with Anker you suggested from the S9 brick currently, as its getting abnormally hot and have reg fast charge too .
Thx
Daydreaming about the food in Richmond, B.c.. I miss that place :) :cry:
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2007
1618 posts
497 upvotes
Montreal
Ms G wrote: Dumb question, I bought the 25W Superfast charger for S22. Def Superfast charge and reg slow cable charge, but not fast charge.
Ty
You know you can change the settings on your phone to charge normally (not Superfast Charge/Fast Charge) and also limit charging at 85%

Search for "protect" in your settings menu.
Jul 8, 2013
321 posts
328 upvotes
AMHERST
Task514 wrote: You know you can change the settings on your phone to charge normally (not Superfast Charge/Fast Charge) and also limit charging at 85%
Not on iPhone Face With Head-bandage

Maybe in a couple years when they say it's never been done before. Until then I wish the USB-C standard included battery level feedback so the charger could be set to 85%.
Penalty Box
Aug 11, 2019
1658 posts
2097 upvotes
joshfindit wrote: Not on iPhone Face With Head-bandage

Maybe in a couple years when they say it's never been done before. Until then I wish the USB-C standard included battery level feedback so the charger could be set to 85%.
that would require UI on the charger, and up the cost. i really rather not and just control that shit manually, its not that hard. and also its not that bad charging to 100%. most smart phones these days have life span of 4 years or less, ive used my huawei for 5 years now, i leave it charging to 100% on most nights, and if i need to charge it during the day, i just leave it be, check back on it after a random amount of time, if its above 90, i unplug it, if its 100, it is what it is. the battery is still working fine. didnt notice any significant drop in usage duration at all. im not saying battery degradation is not a thing, i just dont think the impact is significant enough to be concerned about for smartphones.
May 26, 2022
25 posts
10 upvotes
Not a bad price, have used Anker for many years with various different devices and it has been reliable
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2007
1618 posts
497 upvotes
Montreal
yeah, well, that's Apple for you!Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes

I responded to Ms G because he mentionned S22... Winking Face
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
21649 posts
1637 upvotes
Shanghai, China
mistytalon wrote: Unless you're after exactly one charger, it's better to get the Costco deal.

Otherwise, 15.99 is a solid deal
Is Costco's deal still available?
Jul 8, 2013
321 posts
328 upvotes
AMHERST
rfdnewbie6910 wrote: im not saying battery degradation is not a thing, i just dont think the impact is significant enough to be concerned about for smartphones.
And an iPhone 4 that’s can still play audio for 12 hours because I have only ever charged it at 500mA, but an iPhone XS that’s lost 10% of it’s charge in 1 year.

The inability to replace the battery in newer iDevices, as well as their charging profiles geared toward fast-charging battery death has turned me in to someone who really cares about long-term battery health.
Penalty Box
Aug 11, 2019
1658 posts
2097 upvotes
joshfindit wrote: And an iPhone 4 that’s can still play audio for 12 hours because I have only ever charged it at 500mA, but an iPhone XS that’s lost 10% of it’s charge in 1 year.

The inability to replace the battery in newer iDevices, as well as their charging profiles geared toward fast-charging battery death has turned me in to someone who really cares about long-term battery health.
play audio for 12 hours is not an indication at all...that doesnt use much battery, unless u have it blasting directly on the phone at max volume. what uses up battery is searching for network, be it wifi, bluetooth, or LTE. but if ur on stable network, i once had a call lasting for like 2 hours on like 30% battery or something. i dont remember the exact numbers, i just remember i was very surprised, and i learned that calls dont use much battery at all. but if ur in an area with poor signals, and the phone is constantly trying to get a stable connection, that will eat up ur battery like mad

and then theres also apple intentionally making the phone obsolete after a few years to get u to replace with a newer model, before they did it with software updates that made older model phones slow af, but now that they been called out on it, they probably did some shit to the batteries