Anker 60W GaN & PIQ 3.0 2-Port Type-C Charger $49.99

• Last Updated:
  • May 26th, 2021 5:38 pm
[OP]
Jul 18, 2015
232 posts
396 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Anker 60W GaN & PIQ 3.0 2-Port Type-C Charger $49.99

I really wanted a portable charging brick capable of 60W for my laptop from Anker, but they didn't really make any. Currently there is a $30 off "coupon" that you click on the amazon page.

Most of the ones I could find were all 45W max, marketed as 45W PD + 15W regular type A.

I found this one, which I think is a decent deal for those that understand this isn't a regular charger.
The other one I found was here: Single PD 65W
Last edited by TomRFD on May 26th, 2021 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated title
10 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2013
2173 posts
1644 upvotes
condo
Charge 2 Laptops Simultaneously: A combined 60W output over 2 USB-C ports allows for high-speed charging of up to 2 laptops simultaneously.
Designed for Travel: With an ultra-compact design that supports simultaneous laptop charging and interchangeable plugs for use in the US, UK, and Europe, this is the ultimate travel charger.

Too bad, this can only charge two laptops that require 30W or less EACH. Or only one laptop at 60W...
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2013
2173 posts
1644 upvotes
condo
input wrote: Wouldn't this be a better value?

90W with two USB-C ports and a free USB-C cable too. $50

https://www.amazon.ca/Charger-RAVPower- ... 828&sr=8-5
Out of the recent deals posted on USB C adapters, this looks like the only real viable charger to possibly charge two laptops that require 45W each (might have to be the lower-powered, 2 in 1 device, that do not draw more than 40W on full load)... Wonder if it'll short circuit if two laptops both are pulling 50W+?
Sep 3, 2017
536 posts
848 upvotes
Vancouver
cluie29 wrote: I really wanted a portable charging brick capable of 60W for my laptop from Anker, but they didn't really make any. Currently there is a $30 off "coupon" that you click on the amazon page.

Most of the ones I could find were all 45W max, marketed as 45W PD + 15W regular type A.

I found this one, which I think is a decent deal for those that understand this isn't a regular charger.
The other one I found was here: Single PD 65W
Can you explain what you mean by this is not a regular charger?

As long as your device supports USB-C, are they not all interchangeable?

High power delivery is not too important either if you charge overnight, so wouldn’t a 20W phone charger work?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2013
5508 posts
3626 upvotes
Toronto
tmonies wrote: Out of the recent deals posted on USB C adapters, this looks like the only real viable charger to possibly charge two laptops that require 45W each (might have to be the lower-powered, 2 in 1 device, that do not draw more than 40W on full load)... Wonder if it'll short circuit if two laptops both are pulling 50W+?
  1. That's not what short circuit means.
  2. USB PD isn't a dumb protocol that just pulls. The power is negotiated between the devices. The charger will only supply 45W to each device if both request more than 45W. Should the device require more than 45W, it'll either charge slower or it'll outright refuse to charge.
  3. It definitely won't do 50W/40W though so if one device requests 40W, the other will only get 45W. It's kinda implied the charger has a 60W/30W option but it's not clear it does.
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2005
3114 posts
776 upvotes
Mississauga
cardero wrote: Thanks for the heads-up. Ordered this one.
The price went down to $39.99. Hope you got it at this price.
Sep 14, 2009
614 posts
292 upvotes
Vancouver
input wrote: The price went down to $39.99. Hope you got it at this price.
Yes indeed! Keepa shows the average price for the past 90 days at $55 but not sure how big the discount coupon has been before this $15 one available now.