Deal of the Day

HDMI - Supports 4K at 60 Hz
USB C 3.1 - 10 Gbps
Gigabit Ethernet
USB 3.1 Gen 2
SD Card Reader
USB C pass through for charging

Supports iPad Pro
More importantly, it supports 4K at 60 Hz, most adapters only support 4K at 30 Hz
Hub requires 15 Watts to operate, if you have 100 Watt Charger, it will pass through 85 watts to charge your notebook, iPad etc.

Hurry, expires in less than 24 hours
20 replies
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
5714 posts
1929 upvotes
Toronto
Couldn't you just connect the laptop to the monitor directly? (usbC to HDMI cable exists?)
Mar 17, 2007
143 posts
60 upvotes
this is a solid hub in terms of what it offers from a good brand. I may pull the trigger, the same price was offered a few weeks ago

I think I may opt to buy a docking station instead, which better suits my needs with multiple computers to plug in & out
[OP]
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
33513 posts
7143 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
fightbriz wrote: Couldn't you just connect the laptop to the monitor directly? (usbC to HDMI cable exists?)
It is not just for monitors. A lot of the newer ultra notebooks do not have ethernet.

I currently use a USB C to HDMI dongle on my iPad Pro for presentations. It drains the battery quick as I need to power the dongle. This hub allows me to pass through power in case I am low on battery. The battery drain may not be as noticeable on a notebook, but it still exists
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
5714 posts
1929 upvotes
Toronto
Gee wrote: It is not just for monitors. A lot of the newer ultra notebooks do not have ethernet.

I currently use a USB C to HDMI dongle on my iPad Pro for presentations. It drains the battery quick as I need to power the dongle. This hub allows me to pass through power in case I am low on battery. The battery drain may not be as noticeable on a notebook, but it still exists
Thanks, is there no usbC to hdmi cable out there?
Dec 5, 2012
61 posts
47 upvotes
NORTH YORK
fightbriz wrote: Thanks, is there no usbC to hdmi cable out there?
There is, but those new thin laptop only have one USB-C port, or some people want to use one cable to connect all their devices.
Aug 5, 2012
297 posts
145 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Will this work with recent Dell 3440 running Ubuntu? The DisplayPort to DHMI cable from Best But costed me $20. I still need a SD reader.
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
5714 posts
1929 upvotes
Toronto
ytwytw wrote: There is, but those new thin laptop only have one USB-C port, or some people want to use one cable to connect all their devices.
So the other person said he uses a usbC to hdmi dongle, and it drains battery as he has to power the dongle, wouldn't a usbC to hdmi cable solve that
Dec 5, 2012
61 posts
47 upvotes
NORTH YORK
fightbriz wrote: So the other person said he uses a usbC to hdmi dongle, and it drains battery as he has to power the dongle, wouldn't a usbC to hdmi cable solve that
Same thing, dongle or cable are just two different form factor
Sep 25, 2009
564 posts
428 upvotes
very tempting.... but i dont have a usb-c charger for my laptop LOL...
upvote for the nice price of a good product
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
3631 posts
845 upvotes
Again I ask stupid question. Does this come with the power adapter needed. Or you still need to buy your own usb c power adapter?
Sep 21, 2003
355 posts
18 upvotes
Vancouver
I've used this with a iPad Pro 12.9-inch (3rd gen) hooked up to a label printer via ethernet and had 2 issues:
-the Apple stock 18W power brick doesn't charge so needed new power brick
-loses ehternet connection once in a while so power cycling resolves issue (might be issue with the app)
Good deals come to those who wait. Wait too long then the deals gone.
Jan 12, 2004
796 posts
426 upvotes
Very doubtful this supports 4k 60hz as usb-c 3.1 does not have enough bandwidth to support that and all the additional connections. Usb hubs are typically limited to 4k30. You need an hdmi dongle, which has far fewer ports and usually is limited to a single usb 2.

Theres a review on a ankers site that says its only 4k30 as well.
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2020
3297 posts
2874 upvotes
Toronto
EEE2 wrote: Again I ask stupid question. Does this come with the power adapter needed. Or you still need to buy your own usb c power adapter?
Wall charger not included

from https://www.Anker.com/products/variant/ ... b/A83830A1

"The USB-C port supports pass-through charging up to 100W (minus 15W for operation), allowing you to charge up your laptop at high-speed while retaining full function of the hub’s other ports. (Wall charger not included)"
[OP]
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
33513 posts
7143 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
majorRam wrote: Will it work with the new iPad Air (4th gen)?
I am sure it will work with the iPad Air 4

It is good to finally see that Apple decided to ditch the lighting connector for USB C on the iPad