Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

Anker bluetooth outdoor speaker - 48.99

  • Last Updated:
  • May 16th, 2022 8:26 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 9, 2009
5365 posts
996 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Anker bluetooth outdoor speaker - 48.99

Clip the coupon to get the 48.99 price.

Had the non mini version for a couple years now in the backyard and the sound is good for the price.

Have always had good experience with Anker audio and cable products.

Might not be loud enough if you have a very large back yard.
Thread Summary
Looking for more options? Check out RFD Reviews' top picks for the best waterproof speakers!
11 replies
Newbie
Nov 6, 2018
36 posts
13 upvotes
Thanks just picked one up. Was in the market for one of these for my balcony!
Jr. Member
Apr 20, 2021
194 posts
266 upvotes
Anker is generally reliable, but you get what you're paying for here. If you care about audio quality you're much better off paying more for Ultimate Ears or Sony.
Sr. Member
May 2, 2008
506 posts
767 upvotes
Toronto, Canada
Excitations wrote: Anker is generally reliable, but you get what you're paying for here. If you care about audio quality you're much better off paying more for Ultimate Ears or Sony.
Zero experience with Sony bluetooth speakers, but if you compare apples to apples, Ultimate Ears Boom 2 didn't blow me away with its sound quality. I would say it's pretty much on par with the Anker Flare 2 I got from Amazon at 1/3 price (I paid $100+tax for UE Boom 2 vs $69+tax for a pack of 2 Anker Flare 2)
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 18, 2013
4643 posts
7179 upvotes
BC
Excitations wrote: Anker is generally reliable, but you get what you're paying for here. If you care about audio quality you're much better off paying more for Ultimate Ears or Sony.
I've owned every UE speaker and also the Anker soundcore motion+ and motion boom speakers, Anker blows them away in sound quality. UE serves it's purpose as an outdoor speaker due to its ruggedness but sound quality has always been mediocre.

Lots of reviews on YouTube rank the motion+ as one of the best, if not best speakers you can get for ~$100. I didn't like their smaller speakers at all when they first started making them but they've made huge leaps.
Jr. Member
Apr 20, 2021
194 posts
266 upvotes
peakingduck wrote: I've owned every UE speaker and also the Anker soundcore motion+ and motion boom speakers, Anker blows them away in sound quality. UE serves it's purpose as an outdoor speaker due to its ruggedness but sound quality has always been mediocre.

Lots of reviews on YouTube rank the motion+ as one of the best, if not best speakers you can get for ~$100. I didn't like their smaller speakers at all when they first started making them but they've made huge leaps.
Then I'd question the objectivity of the reviewers. Anker makes great cables and generally solid products — and yes these speakers are much better than their early models — but head to head their audio quality is nowhere close to best.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 18, 2013
4643 posts
7179 upvotes
BC
Excitations wrote: Then I'd question the objectivity of the reviewers. Anker makes great cables and generally solid products — and yes these speakers are much better than their early models — but head to head their audio quality is nowhere close to best.
I had the same doubts until I picked up the motion+ and tested it against my UE megaboom which is 3x the price. It wasn't even close, the Anker was leaps ahead in sound quality and loudness. After owning maybe 20-30 portable BT speakers I've settled on the two Anker models as my daily drivers.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jul 22, 2007
7312 posts
7132 upvotes
Calgary
peakingduck wrote: I've owned every UE speaker and also the Anker soundcore motion+ and motion boom speakers, Anker blows them away in sound quality. UE serves it's purpose as an outdoor speaker due to its ruggedness but sound quality has always been mediocre.

Lots of reviews on YouTube rank the motion+ as one of the best, if not best speakers you can get for ~$100. I didn't like their smaller speakers at all when they first started making them but they've made huge leaps.
Yeah, no reviewers of Bluetooth speakers back up this.
https://www.nytimes.com/wirecutter/revi ... h-speaker/
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 18, 2013
4643 posts
7179 upvotes
BC
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 15, 2006
3816 posts
915 upvotes
Kingston
Excitations wrote: Anker is generally reliable, but you get what you're paying for here. If you care about audio quality you're much better off paying more for Ultimate Ears or Sony.
Unless you are an audiophile, most speakers (Wired or Bluetooth) is in the ears of the listener. Some ppl have a personal preference for a specific type of audio/sound and unless the speaker fulfills that preference, it's automatically discarded due to it not being up to their standard of audio/sound.

For most, this Anker speaker is perfectly fine for listening to music on the back deck, front porch or even a picnic in the park. Are there better Bluetooth speakers out there? Ya sure but at what cost? For $50, this speaker fulfills most ppl's requirements for a Bluetooth speaker.

We get it, you're a UE/Sony guy and that's fine, but this Anker speaker is perfectly fine for most ppl's use.
Member
User avatar
Jan 31, 2007
393 posts
96 upvotes
Hamilton
I got this as a shower speaker in 2019 when Showcase had it for $40. Didn't know how good I had it at the time but it's held up and I'd say it'd have been worth $50.
Looking for: Animorphs: 42, 44, 47, 48, 50, Battle Royale manga issue 15

Top