Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

Anker eufyCam Wireless 2-Camera Security System $279.99 (Reg. $400)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 3rd, 2020 2:25 pm
[OP]
Nov 30, 2009
285 posts
370 upvotes
Sudbury, ON

[Amazon.ca] Anker eufyCam Wireless 2-Camera Security System $279.99 (Reg. $400)

I have been looking for a while to purchase a couple wireless cameras for motion detection on my porch and keeping an eye on my kids when they're in the back yard. The system is well reviewed with a regular price of $400, currently on sale for $379.99 but with an additional $100 coupon applied at checkout bringing it down to $316.39 total after taxes.

It seems like a great price and has all the features I'm looking for, I watched a couple reviews and there's a 3-4 second delay in video which seems to be about average for these types of systems, and it claims to have a 180 day battery life in weatherproof cameras. Anker is known for having good warranty support as well. I'll be buying one, hope this helps someone else.
63 replies
Deal Addict
May 2, 2007
1409 posts
642 upvotes
Toronto
good find. I am in the market for some outdoor cams...

This, or the Wyze outdoor cam (which will probably be available in the next 3-6 months)?

I already have 5 Wyze indoor cams and just generally dont like to cross different ecosystems...
Jun 25, 2020
303 posts
358 upvotes
Oakville, ON
The Amazon page says it works with Alexa. Not sure if it does with Google assistant and consequently Google Hub
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2004
1116 posts
1983 upvotes
Ontario
If you have an outlet nearby, just get some wifi cameras with AC adapters for less than 1/4 the price this wireless system will cost you. If the main purpose is to watch the kids, you don't necessarily need a fortified camera installation where an exposed AC adapter cable would be the end of the world. These wireless cameras are convenient, but most people I know who have tried them get annoyed with battery life. If you're always streaming the camera to watch the kids it will eat batteries way faster than having the camera detect and record motion only (like in a traditional security camera sense).
[OP]
Nov 30, 2009
285 posts
370 upvotes
Sudbury, ON
scrubfordeals wrote: The Amazon page says it works with Alexa. Not sure if it does with Google assistant and consequently Google Hub
The YouTube review I watched had a test of streaming to both Alexa and Google displays without issue.
Apr 18, 2017
806 posts
1668 upvotes
heymanwuzup wrote: good find. I am in the market for some outdoor cams...

This, or the Wyze outdoor cam (which will probably be available in the next 3-6 months)?

I already have 5 Wyze indoor cams and just generally dont like to cross different ecosystems...
I'd stick with Wyze. I cannot wait for the outdoor can to be available.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2004
2995 posts
182 upvotes
Waterloo
mindabsence wrote: If you have an outlet nearby, just get some wifi cameras with AC adapters for less than 1/4 the price this wireless system will cost you. If the main purpose is to watch the kids, you don't necessarily need a fortified camera installation where an exposed AC adapter cable would be the end of the world. These wireless cameras are convenient, but most people I know who have tried them get annoyed with battery life. If you're always streaming the camera to watch the kids it will eat batteries way faster than having the camera detect and record motion only (like in a traditional security camera sense).
Any recommendations for wired wifi cameras? I find it's not all about the camera but also the software that brand provides. A nice camera is useless without a good app that allows zone detection etc.
:arrow: :arrowl:
Deal Addict
May 2, 2007
1409 posts
642 upvotes
Toronto
mindabsence wrote: If you have an outlet nearby, just get some wifi cameras with AC adapters for less than 1/4 the price this wireless system will cost you. If the main purpose is to watch the kids, you don't necessarily need a fortified camera installation where an exposed AC adapter cable would be the end of the world. These wireless cameras are convenient, but most people I know who have tried them get annoyed with battery life. If you're always streaming the camera to watch the kids it will eat batteries way faster than having the camera detect and record motion only (like in a traditional security camera sense).
Good point. Some users actually have the indoor wyze cam outside with an exterior housing...seems to hold up. With the wyze cams at $20USD a pop it might be worth a shot actually
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2004
1116 posts
1983 upvotes
Ontario
jaigandhi5 wrote: Any recommendations for wired wifi cameras? I find it's not all about the camera but also the software that brand provides. A nice camera is useless without a good app that allows zone detection etc.
I've had zero complaints with Amcrest, which is another brand you'll find on Amazon. I get nearly instant push notifications on all our devices, local SD recording, and their web UI has endless configurations too. You can have up to four zones with different sensitivity and thresholds in each zone. They also support ONVIF and RTSP, so if you choose to build out an NVR recorder or anything more advanced in the future, you can use them for that too. I'm starting to build out a setup that's a mix of different brands of cameras so I can buy cameras that meet specific needs and then use my NVR so I don't need everyone's different apps to control the setup. A slight price bump up from that puts you into Hikvision and Dahua territory - both of which are comparable in terms of customization but offer a wider range of camera models, some of which use the Sony Starlight sensor and offer absolutely incredible nighttime vision. I know two people who have changed from Wyze to Amcrest and both commented on the inability to do much customization in Wyze as a deciding factor to change loyalty.

heymanwuzup wrote: Good point. Some users actually have the indoor wyze cam outside with an exterior housing...seems to hold up. With the wyze cams at $20USD a pop it might be worth a shot actually
Seems hit and miss - I actually know a couple people who have tried this. I think things like sun orientation, under a sofit or not, etc. all impact this quite heavily. My dad had a pair of them under a sofit and protected from the elements, but it seems the extreme hot and cold got to them. Of four cameras, two died within about 6 months I think it was, and another just got really glitchy (likely on it's way out). Two of the four got afternoon sun, and I suspect the plastic made them quite toasty inside :)
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2004
2995 posts
182 upvotes
Waterloo
I posted this in another thread, I'm using WyzeCam outdoors but their shitty optics and high compression makes the quality look really bad. YMMV though because my camera points to our driveway which has a lot of movement (making the quality worse).
:arrow: :arrowl:
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2013
2582 posts
2171 upvotes
condo
excellent deal, much better deal/value than the Arlo 720P wireless cams that were posted recently.... Also, like others have mentioned, some good wired alternatives are Wyze and Amcrest

comparison of Eufy and Arlo Ultra
Last edited by tmonies on Jul 8th, 2020 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2013
2582 posts
2171 upvotes
condo
jaigandhi5 wrote: I posted this in another thread, I'm using WyzeCam outdoors but their shitty optics and high compression makes the quality look really bad. YMMV though because my camera points to our driveway which has a lot of movement (making the quality worse).
yeah... Wyze is the budget low cost option... Am crest would be a step up based on my research
Jun 7, 2013
436 posts
505 upvotes
GATINEAU
Keep in mind EufyCam 2 Pro was just announced. Better quality and includes floodlight and HomeKit secure video
Feb 8, 2010
425 posts
151 upvotes
Brampton
Lot of their cameras àre not available in canada.
And by the time they will come they wil be older versions.
Oct 25, 2010
843 posts
405 upvotes
I went from the original arlos to the original eufy and the eufy was so much better than the arlos. Super happy with my eufy cams
Dec 6, 2010
50 posts
86 upvotes
ottawa
I recommend you change the thread name to say that they are the eufycam 2C. The eufycam line is fairly oddly named and when I saw your title, I got excited as I thought it was the 479$ kit that was on sale.

I have at home the eufycam 2, eufycam 2C as well as a bunch of wyze cams. As other already mentioned, the eufycam 2 pro was just announced but this combo for the 2C is decently priced. You could add the eufy cam 2 pro individually in the future if sold in Canada. The home hub 2 allows up to 16 eufycam to be connected to it. The app allows to sync with Alexa and google assistant and slowly homekit Secure Video (HSV). HSV will however reduce the battery life slightly as it takes off the camera from hours battery save mode by default + Takes off motion zones as it’s only supported starting with iOS 14. HSV only supports up to 5 cameras even with the iCloud 2TB plan. HSV is slowly being rolled out as well as two-factor authentification by eufy/anker but I got both in the past month btw in case you read reviews or article from June that say it’s not yet available.

A thing that is good about eufycam and homekit is that it allows you to use both homekit and the eufy app at the same time thus allowing to view the footage on your echo or google/nest devices. You can activate up to 5 cameras for HSV+Eufy app and still have 11 other eufy cameras through homekit view only and eufy app. The Logitech homekit camera only allow HSV if it’s activated.

If you want to just watch kids or catch moments I definitely agree with others that the wyze cam are the best if paired with an SD card for continuous recording. Just make sure you activate two factor authentication same as with eufy or change the wyze cam to the RTSP firmware for security. Hope this helps anyone wondering about those.
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2013
2582 posts
2171 upvotes
condo
eufyCam 2 vs eufyCam E vs eufyCam 2C: Comparison and Differences
https://technicallywell.com/eufycam-2-v ... ufycam-2c/

Seems like Eufycam 2 and 2c are the better options with Homekit Secure Video (HSV)... but I can't tell if the eufycam 2C is an upgrade on the eufycam 2?

*Based on my quick research online, it seems the Eufycam 2 is supposed to be an upgrade to the eufycam 2c
Feb 8, 2010
425 posts
151 upvotes
Brampton

This is very good comparison of all 3 cams

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)