Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Anker eufyCam Wireless 2-Camera Security System $279.99 (Reg. $400)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 3rd, 2020 2:25 pm
Apr 10, 2006
779 posts
727 upvotes
This camera has been at $379 with $100 coupon off for about 2 to 3 weeks now. I bought mine a week or so before when they were priced at $369 with a $70 coupon off.

I'm in a love/hate relationship with this camera. Video is super crisp, app is easy enough to use, installation was a breeze, battery life so far is doing pretty good with 1 camera while the other cam is down to almost half in 1.5 months (this is due to all the testing I've been doing with it and it's in a bit more traffic prone area). And best of all, no subscription required (though they also do offer subscription if you want cloud storage).

Hate the fact that it's motion capture is a bit of a roll of the dice. It might capture something now but it might not capture something later. All due to how their PIR sensor works. Activity zone is another thing that I find a hit or miss. And the worst of all is they say local storage but there really is no local access. Benefit to local storage is even if internet goes down, you'll still have recording. Bad part about it is that in order to view those footage, you need to go thru their server for a handshake before you can access your own footage. People have been complaining to them to get local access. Not sure if it's something they'll deliver eventually.

Already burned my money on this unit so will continue to keep it. Would I recommend it to others, that'll depend on your needs. If you just want it like a wingman (who's sometimes there physically but you know they're not there mentally), it works fine. But if you want it to be like a bodyguard/security guard (like a hawk eyeing its next meal), move on to something else.
Last edited by vanpatrick81 on Jul 8th, 2020 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feb 8, 2010
432 posts
156 upvotes
Brampton
I almost bought but after ur experience i will look for something else. I dont mind paying monthly fee but will look for a reliable wifi camera.
Mar 26, 2017
375 posts
191 upvotes
mindabsence wrote: If you have an outlet nearby, just get some wifi cameras with AC adapters for less than 1/4 the price this wireless system will cost you. If the main purpose is to watch the kids, you don't necessarily need a fortified camera installation where an exposed AC adapter cable would be the end of the world. These wireless cameras are convenient, but most people I know who have tried them get annoyed with battery life. If you're always streaming the camera to watch the kids it will eat batteries way faster than having the camera detect and record motion only (like in a traditional security camera sense).
I think running a long cable from the top of my house to a plug would be quite difficult to hide and or make look nice.

Are there any good wireless ones yet or should I just try to find a wired set and pay someone to crawl around my attic to fish wires and then figure out a random room to keep the PVR? Probably furnace room.

Or would it be simpler to go straight wireless but pay a boatload.

I'm trying to figure out the best best way to have more security without breaking the bank.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2004
1154 posts
2087 upvotes
Ontario
Gord18Stirr wrote: I think running a long cable from the top of my house to a plug would be quite difficult to hide and or make look nice.

Are there any good wireless ones yet or should I just try to find a wired set and pay someone to crawl around my attic to fish wires and then figure out a random room to keep the PVR? Probably furnace room.

Or would it be simpler to go straight wireless but pay a boatload.

I'm trying to figure out the best best way to have more security without breaking the bank.
In terms of wireless WiFi ones - check out Reolink or Amcrest. Both seem to be solid "bang for your buck" brands on Amazon that everyone really likes around the 'net. If you go with WiFi cameras, then you'll only need to fish a power cable which might be easier than trying to fish LAN cabling back to your furnace room because odds are you'll have power somewhere nearby or can extend power nearby if needed. If you think this will be a permanent setup, then fish LAN cable back to your furnace room. I went all WiFi with my build at first, but eventually ended up with about a half dozen cameras around the property and that many cameras just killed my wifi performance. I spent a weekend fishing ethernet through my attic, sofit, foundation, etc. to get a wire to each camera and it was time incredibly well spent. I use a mix of POE adapters and POE cameras now, so I no longer need to fish separate power wires because the ethernet cable to the camera also carries power. You can retrofit this onto non-POE cameras for about $4 for an adapter for each end of the cable.

I've paid under $100 per camera (compared to 200+ for most of those "fully wireless" ones) and grabbed a $120 1000ft spool of ethernet wiring to run all my wires. My setup gives me far better quality, functionality and scalability than any battery powered camera would, and as an added bonus, I'm not climbing ladders in the middle of winter to replace batteries when they die... The battery powered cameras have their place, but it sounds like you're after something decent so I'd hate to see you regret the purchase and not spending a little elbow grease just dropping a few wires where you need them instead.
Jul 27, 2018
171 posts
90 upvotes
So many options.
But few people talk about the "subscription" linked to the hardware.
How much do these plans cost?
Feb 12, 2008
293 posts
74 upvotes
Scarborough
mindabsence wrote: In terms of wireless WiFi ones - check out Reolink or Amcrest. Both seem to be solid "bang for your buck" brands on Amazon that everyone really likes around the 'net. If you go with WiFi cameras, then you'll only need to fish a power cable which might be easier than trying to fish LAN cabling back to your furnace room because odds are you'll have power somewhere nearby or can extend power nearby if needed. If you think this will be a permanent setup, then fish LAN cable back to your furnace room. I went all WiFi with my build at first, but eventually ended up with about a half dozen cameras around the property and that many cameras just killed my wifi performance. I spent a weekend fishing ethernet through my attic, sofit, foundation, etc. to get a wire to each camera and it was time incredibly well spent. I use a mix of POE adapters and POE cameras now, so I no longer need to fish separate power wires because the ethernet cable to the camera also carries power. You can retrofit this onto non-POE cameras for about $4 for an adapter for each end of the cable.

I've paid under $100 per camera (compared to 200+ for most of those "fully wireless" ones) and grabbed a $120 1000ft spool of ethernet wiring to run all my wires. My setup gives me far better quality, functionality and scalability than any battery powered camera would, and as an added bonus, I'm not climbing ladders in the middle of winter to replace batteries when they die... The battery powered cameras have their place, but it sounds like you're after something decent so I'd hate to see you regret the purchase and not spending a little elbow grease just dropping a few wires where you need them instead.
Any Poe cameras you recommend. I'm not against running ethernet.
May 8, 2013
683 posts
625 upvotes
London
Probly slap a battery pack on a wyze and save yourself some coin if u are thrifty diy sorta guy with spare time
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2004
1154 posts
2087 upvotes
Ontario
joe77 wrote: Any Poe cameras you recommend. I'm not against running ethernet.
The Reolink POE stuff on Amazon is fantastic bang for the buck, and most of it can also be AC adapter powered too which is handy if you run out of POE ports or anything (it goes on sale all the time too). Next to that, I also have some Ubiquiti G3 Flex cameras in my POE mix now too - they're super small and nice for certain areas where I don't want a big camera standing out, but you need to run them with an NVR like Blue Iris (if you'll potentially be mixing and matching camera brands) or Ubiquiti's own free NVR application (if you're building a system entirely with their own cameras). I mix-and-match brands, so all my stuff runs through Blue Iris on a low power i5 tiny PC stuffed in a secure place at home.

Your next tier up, which is only a small price jump, would probably be to look at the Hikvision stuff. I'm not very familiar with their lineup beyond the basics though, so I can't recommend any specific models. They have some models with Sony Starlight sensors which is supposed to be the bees knees for incredibly low light vision.
ryansluman wrote: Probly slap a battery pack on a wyze and save yourself some coin if u are thrifty diy sorta guy with spare time
The wyze are powered on 24/7, you'd probably get a day or two absolute tops even from a big battery. All the fully wireless battery powered cameras go into a deep sleep mode of sorts and rely on a signal from the low power PIR sensor to fire up and record when motion is detected, or if someone logs in to stream, etc. - they're very specially designed software and hardware to ensure long-ish battery life for what they are.
Dec 6, 2010
50 posts
87 upvotes
ottawa
Deal is dead for now as the 100$ coupon ran out. (Just like the 30$ coupon on the eufycam 2 add-on).

Btw, the iOS 14 public beta is now released and the HomeKit secure video integration with eufycam 2 & 2C is great so far. It adds facial recognition to the cameras. Eufycam 2 and 2C only have facial detection through the eufy app because only homebase 1 had facial recognition AI. Homebase 2, which allows for a lot more cameras, only has facial detection which gives you an icon with a close up on the face in the event list. With iOS 14 and Homekit secure video, it integrates to your photo album to detect and privide the name of the person detected. Sadly homekit secure video requires an iCloud subscription and and Apple device such as an Apple TV in the home for that local analysis.

As for PoE cameras, I wish I didn’t have to move for work as often because it’s definitely the best solution for surveillance vs more of a deterrent and keep an eye on the house while you’re away. (Edit: typo)
Deal Fanatic
Jun 26, 2009
5196 posts
4948 upvotes
GTA
Coupon is dead. Bought the kit when it was still available. Amazing system, excellent quality. Thanks OP! Up voted.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2005
1945 posts
932 upvotes
Scarborough
lots of positives on this camera, but no one has concerns that the battery is not replaceable?
Dec 6, 2010
50 posts
87 upvotes
ottawa
jbig17 wrote: I have at home the eufycam 2, eufycam 2C as well as a bunch of wyze cams. As other already mentioned, the eufycam 2 pro was just announced but this combo for the 2C is decently priced. You could add the eufy cam 2 pro individually in the future if sold in Canada. The home hub 2 allows up to 16 eufycam to be connected to it. The app allows to sync with Alexa and google assistant and slowly homekit Secure Video (HSV). HSV will however reduce the battery life slightly as it takes off the camera from battery save mode by default + Takes off motion zones as it’s only supported starting with iOS 14. HSV only supports up to 5 cameras even with the iCloud 2TB plan.
Just an update since the deal is back up. I had talked about HSV draining the battery faster but now that the Beta of iOS 14 is out, I updated everything and battery life is better. I was able to set up activity zones which cut by 90% the activation of the main camera. An old document from Eufy said that they calculate their battery life based on 20 events a day at 15 seconds per video. I currently get about 20 events per day which are 1 min (due to the HomeKit requirement) and battery life is about 1/3 of what is advertised which all thing considered makes sense as I am recording 3 times more video everyday. (Before iOS 14, a couple of days after the quoted post, I almost took off HSV as I ended up with over 1000 recording due to the lack of motion zone facing the street. It had eaten up 50% of the eufycam 2C "180-day" battery)

HSV face recognition is also working pretty well although my camera being far from the walking path makes it harder but it identifies a specific person about 2/3 of the time and the other 1/3 is just a person. It took about 4 days to train the AI by identifying various faces it detected and now it will reliably identify us except a few errors when it think I am my brother based on picture on my phone but hopefully a few more days of AI training will resolve that. (edit: typo)
May 23, 2015
419 posts
1078 upvotes
Ontario
heymanwuzup wrote: good find. I am in the market for some outdoor cams...

This, or the Wyze outdoor cam (which will probably be available in the next 3-6 months)?

I already have 5 Wyze indoor cams and just generally dont like to cross different ecosystems...
Stay away from wyze they don't provide any support if you are out of USA, my contact sensor died with in 6 months and they refused to provide any warranty stating they are not an international company and only provide warranty to US customers. Luckily amazon replaced the whole kit for free.
Mar 20, 2006
152 posts
68 upvotes
Ordered it today. Still same price as OP posted.
Simplii, Tangerine, Zoomer. Public Mobile.
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2005
1273 posts
314 upvotes
Toronto
foxxter wrote: Ordered it today. Still same price as OP posted.
I get the $379 price?
Mar 20, 2006
152 posts
68 upvotes
There is a $100 coupon to be added. Money comes off at checkout.
Simplii, Tangerine, Zoomer. Public Mobile.
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2008
1448 posts
901 upvotes
Can anyone comment on the outdoor performance of these cameras for Canadian weather? Do I need some sort of housing?
Nov 5, 2019
159 posts
173 upvotes
itemsale2003 wrote: Can anyone comment on the outdoor performance of these cameras for Canadian weather? Do I need some sort of housing?
I have the first gen EufyCam and it made it through the winter with no issues.