Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Anker eufyCam Wireless 2-Camera Security System $279.99 (Reg. $400)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 3rd, 2020 2:25 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2008
1448 posts
901 upvotes
mindabsence wrote: I've had zero complaints with Amcrest, which is another brand you'll find on Amazon. I get nearly instant push notifications on all our devices, local SD recording, and their web UI has endless configurations too. You can have up to four zones with different sensitivity and thresholds in each zone. They also support ONVIF and RTSP, so if you choose to build out an NVR recorder or anything more advanced in the future, you can use them for that too. I'm starting to build out a setup that's a mix of different brands of cameras so I can buy cameras that meet specific needs and then use my NVR so I don't need everyone's different apps to control the setup. A slight price bump up from that puts you into Hikvision and Dahua territory - both of which are comparable in terms of customization but offer a wider range of camera models, some of which use the Sony Starlight sensor and offer absolutely incredible nighttime vision. I know two people who have changed from Wyze to Amcrest and both commented on the inability to do much customization in Wyze as a deciding
I checked Amazon and Amcrest is just a camera for $79.99. Do they make hubs like Eufy or Arlo. I would just prefer buying a kit rather than DIY.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2004
1153 posts
2083 upvotes
Ontario
itemsale2003 wrote: I checked Amazon and Amcrest is just a camera for $79.99. Do they make hubs like Eufy or Arlo. I would just prefer buying a kit rather than DIY.
The hub really serves no purpose in a traditional non-wireless camera system. Just slap some MicroSD cards in each camera, configure each camera as you want it, and you're good to go.

If you want centralized video recording then you could either pickup something like one of the NVRs that Amcrest makes, or roll you own with Blue Iris installed on an old computer.

Reolink would be another great brand to check out on Amazon too.
Jun 23, 2012
127 posts
17 upvotes
Calgary
Great deal on high quality cameras. Thanks OP.

I have a question for a few experts on home automation in this thread. Can I integrate lights through smart automation with Eufy cameras? Originally I thought I could do this with HomeKit, through Phillips Hue + Eufy camera setup. However, when I checked in with Eufy support, they said that some cameras and doorbells (such as wired doorbell) will never get HomeKit support. I'm a little torn over this as I really like Eufy products and would like to trigger outdoor, and indoor lights with the doorbell and other indoor and outdoor cameras, however the options to do so seem limited. In comparison, the Ring system seems a bit more straightforward for this use case.

My question is, can I integrate smart lights through Alexa, or another platform with Eufy cameras outside of HomeKit?

thank you.
Jun 11, 2015
383 posts
527 upvotes
Montreal
I don't know If I should wait for the 2c pro
Images
  • Screenshot_20200727-105436_Reddit.jpg
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2008
1448 posts
901 upvotes
Can I add a Wyze camera to this hub or does it have to be Eufy?
Jul 21, 2013
929 posts
606 upvotes
Calgary
Ludwig187 wrote: I don't know If I should wait for the 2c pro
Would the 2 (not C) be better anyway?
Jul 16, 2009
267 posts
99 upvotes
itemsale2003 wrote: Same here. No coupon anymore
Amazon has it on sale again for 270 without the coupon and cheaper than OPs posted price
Apr 6, 2009
243 posts
62 upvotes
toronto
What is the amazon guarantee - in case I need to return due to battery life?
Does it have the ability to "snooze" notifications - i.e. if i am mowing my grass, i don't need to record me..........
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2004
2996 posts
182 upvotes
Waterloo
How does this compare with the Blink XT2? Is it worth the $100 extra over Blink XT2 (when on sale).
:arrow: :arrowl:
Jun 11, 2015
383 posts
527 upvotes
Montreal
Roger21 wrote: Would the 2 (not C) be better anyway?
better than the 2c but I don't know about the "2c pro".
Jun 25, 2020
320 posts
380 upvotes
Oakville, ON
This or pay around $120 more for a Nest outdoor 2 pack?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 16, 2006
5085 posts
2078 upvotes
Vancouver
re: Eufy cam 2 Pro

Best Buy only and 2K. I thought 1920x1080 WAS 2K. What am I misunderstanding here?

Do the current cams NOT record in 1920x1080 or is it a 1080i vs 1080p thing?

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-release ... 89540.html
  • "The eufyCam 2 Pro is available exclusively at Best Buy and on BestBuy.com starting at $149.99."
  • "The eufyCam 2 Pro features a big improvement in image quality, pumping its resolution to 2K for a crisp and sharp image on all video recordings."

https://homekitnews.com/2020/06/02/eufy ... nd-2c-pro/
  • "Update: According to Eufy, the updated cameras will indeed be 2K.
  • The current consensus seems to be that the ‘Pro’ versions of these cameras will be able to record in 2K, with the current Eufycam 2/2C only recording in 1080p. This would bring the ‘Pro’ versions to parity with their just-released indoor cameras – the 2K Indoor and the 2K Indoor pan & Tilt."

and then there is this Reddit info.....
https://www.reddit.com/r/EufyCam/commen ... am_2c_pro/

Is it worth waiting?

Apr 11, 2009
103 posts
22 upvotes
I recently setup a Eufy Cam 2 for my place. Overall very happy with it. There are some tweaks I need to look into. It picks up wind as motion but won’t detect a vehicle on the driveway. I am using the magnet mount which makes it super easy to adjust.

I also just got the 360 cam for inside house as it’s a 2k camera. It’s very good quality. From what I have been reading online it’s only a minor improvement to the image quality between 2 and 2 pro. If it goes on sale anytime I would consider getting one just to try out. But if you can get a deal on the 2 or if that one drops in price I would say get that.
Banned
Jul 21, 2020
10 posts
8 upvotes
To capture the movement or footage only last for 60sec

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)