Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Anker eufyCam Wireless 2-Camera Security System $279.99 (Reg. $400)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 3rd, 2020 2:25 pm
Dec 25, 2010
968 posts
344 upvotes
Vancouver
jaigandhi5 wrote: How does this compare with the Blink XT2? Is it worth the $100 extra over Blink XT2 (when on sale).
Both are good battery-powered wifi camera systems. A few points of comparison:
- Eufy stores videos locally, while Blink has free Amazon cloud storage (limited but sufficient). Some may worry about privacy with cloud storage.
- Eufy batteries are not replaceable, so the whole camera needs to be replaced when the battery stops taking a charge. Blink takes AA lithium batteries.
- Blink is much less expensive when on sale, especially if you need a number of cameras. Blink 5 camera kit was recently on sale for $379.

Comparison of battery life, detection rates, and other features of the main battery-powered wifi security camera systems:
Feb 3, 2009
92 posts
46 upvotes
I purchased the Eufy Cam 2C in Nov 2019 around Black Friday.
The $279.99 is a no brainer especially to deter porch pirates.
No issues with the cameras, base or app so far.
Battery does drain quick depending how you setup your motion detection settings.
I've charged each camera twice since purchasing.
Oct 7, 2012
44 posts
8 upvotes
st. john's, nl
Uberclk wrote: lots of positives on this camera, but no one has concerns that the battery is not replaceable?
I thought the same thing...what's the point of these cameras if you can't replace the battery? More eWaste to deal with...can it be recycled? I would love to buy the Eufy cameras... I think they have great specs/functionality/reviews etc., but I'm a little hung up on the lack of battery swapping. Has someone tried to hack it apart and tried to swap batteries, resealed it and tested?

Hey Anker, if you're reading, please ensure the new cams and/or provide a retrofit option for the existing cams...if you can, I'm to buy several for sure!!!!

Go Eufy!