• Feb 18th, 2018 4:47 am
[OP]
Aug 23, 2011
74 posts
43 upvotes
Vancouver

[Amazon Canada] Anker PowerCore+ 26800 Power Deliver USB-C $109.99

https://www.amazon.ca/Anker-PowerCore-P ... 01MZ61PRW/

I’ve been waiting for a Decent deal on this high capacity battery, it was $234.99 previously on amazon.ca according to camel and currently $119.99 USD on Amazon.com.

Good for charging new USB-C MacBooks and Nintendo Switch.
52 replies
Feb 21, 2014
419 posts
259 upvotes
Toronto
tatung wrote:
Jan 6th, 2018 3:54 pm
I think the OP's battery has extra capabilities. i.e. you can charge a usb-c laptop with it.
You can charge a macbook with this as well.
Nov 26, 2015
756 posts
484 upvotes
Ontario
Remember this size is roughly the max allowance on a flight. Any bigger may be rejected.
Mar 2, 2015
136 posts
123 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
pagefaultca wrote:
Jan 6th, 2018 3:56 pm
You can charge a macbook with this as well.
one of the reviews says:
So far, it's helped act as a sip-charge battery to the new 2016 MacBook Pro with touchbar. Totally not intended use, but dude, it helps me retain a 95% charge after a typical 8 hour day of light web-programming use. For those of you wondering if you could use it as a USB-C external battery like I try to, I'd suggest keeping away from your CPU-intensive processes as much as you can. The throughput on this power-bank is intended to charge, not straight up power your device. You'll find that your laptop will drain faster than the battery can charge it if you start to run up your resource usage, but then again -- not intended use, right?

so it's not really a charger for the macbook; it's a stopgap measure
Banned
Jun 14, 2017
47 posts
80 upvotes
Gotta love the morons who don’t understand that USB PD accessories naturally cost more.
Mar 29, 2015
215 posts
71 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
acheter wrote:
Jan 6th, 2018 4:12 pm
so it's not really a charger for the macbook; it's a stopgap measure
It is a charger for the 12" MacBook, not the 13" or 15" MacBook Pro. The latter 2 do use much more power as that reviewer states. The 12" MacBook (again not pro) uses much less and is the intended use for this battery pack.
Mar 2, 2015
136 posts
123 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
jechin1 wrote:
Jan 6th, 2018 4:46 pm
It is a charger for the 12" MacBook, not the 13" or 15" MacBook Pro. The latter 2 do use much more power as that reviewer states. The 12" MacBook (again not pro) uses much less and is the intended use for this battery pack.
keyword here is PD versus non-PD

yes, you can use it to charge a macbook 12 but it's not meant to be a macbook charger

bottom line is that one is comparing apple and orange - this one does not have PD capability while the one OP posted does - that is it and that is all

you can use it for whatever you want, charging macbook 12 or what have you, but keep in mind that this battery is "meant" to charge devices no larger than a typical big tablet - i.e. max power output at 5V 3A, while charging a typical usb-c-powered laptop would require more "power delivery" capability (typically closer to 20V)

take a look at its specs page from aukey - zero mention of any laptop or macbook charging capability

https://www.aukey.com/products/30000mah ... charge-3-0