• Last Updated:
  • Feb 20th, 2020 3:53 pm
[OP]
Jan 24, 2013
387 posts
1613 upvotes
MILTON

[Amazon.ca] Anker PowerCore Essential 20000 Power Bank for $37.79 w/FS

Anker PowerCore Essential 20000 Power Bank, 20000mAh Portable Charger with PowerIQ Technology and USB-C Input, High-Capacity External Battery Compatible with iPhone, Samsung, iPad, and More
  • Ultra-High Capacity: The massive 20,000mAh capacity provides more than 5 charges for iPhone XS, almost 5 full charges for Samsung Galaxy S10, more than 4 charges for iPhone 11, and over 2 and a half charges for iPad mini 5.
  • Advanced charging technology: Anker exclusive PowerIQ and Voltage Boost Technology combine to deliver an optimized charge to your devices, while the Trickle-Charging mode is the best way to charge low-power accessories.
  • Simultaneous charging: twin USB ports allow you to charge two devices at the same time.
  • Certified safe: Anker MultiProtect safety system ensures complete protection for you and your devices.
  • What you get: Anker Power core essential 20000, Micro USB cable, Travel Pouch, welcome guide, our worry-free 18-month, and friendly customer service. (Usb-c cable and Lightning cable not included)
16 replies
Nov 19, 2017
25 posts
37 upvotes
Can't go wrong with Anker. Purchased!
Aug 9, 2013
14 posts
9 upvotes
HenryC422053 wrote: Can you bring the power bank on airplane?
Yeah I brought a similar Anker 20000mAh charger on an international flight
Jul 13, 2013
741 posts
464 upvotes
HenryC422053 wrote: Can you bring the power bank on airplane?
Google says they have to be under 27,000 mAh so this shouldn't be a problem. I'm fairly certain nearly every size Anker makes has that limitation in mind.
Aug 22, 2009
264 posts
160 upvotes
Ottawa
Thanks OP! Purchased! My buddy was bragging bout the last deal and how I wasn’t able to grab it! lol
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
18911 posts
3566 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
At this size, I'd get one of those large car booster packs with USB support and keep it in the car. Actually, that's exactly what I did...

It serves more purposes, as I find a larger 20,000 pack is just too big to carry around normally. I keep a smaller 10,000 pack in my bag, and bring it when traveling.

That 10,000 pack was still sufficient when I had an unexpected overnight stay in Shanghai, at a place with no chargers.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2006
1665 posts
240 upvotes
Alberta
Jucius Maximus wrote: At this size, I'd get one of those large car booster packs with USB support and keep it in the car. Actually, that's exactly what I did...

It serves more purposes, as I find a larger 20,000 pack is just too big to carry around normally. I keep a smaller 10,000 pack in my bag, and bring it when traveling.

That 10,000 pack was still sufficient when I had an unexpected overnight stay in Shanghai, at a place with no chargers.
My thinking too. The 20k one would be useful if I was doing a week long trek, and had more than my phone needing a charge.
My 10k Anker has been great so far. Good mix of size, speed and capacity. Maybe I'll pick up the next one that has USB C in and output.
Sep 17, 2018
49 posts
23 upvotes
Using a 10k one atm, biggest issue is that it takes a while to charge to full. Does this support QC3 in and out?
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2013
4327 posts
2132 upvotes
Toronto
tempolc wrote: Using a 10k one atm, biggest issue is that it takes a while to charge to full. Does this support QC3 in and out?
Well considering QC3 is a proprietary Qualcomm standard, no power banks support QC3 in.

Anker's lack of providing the specs for device make it hard to determine what the input speed is but it does 12W out which is fairly decent.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2013
4327 posts
2132 upvotes
Toronto
Hmm they must be paying royalties to Qualcomm then on those. Either way, given it is a proprietary standard, it being the primary source of fast charging on a power bank is a bad thing since the wall charger would also need to support the standard. USB PD is a much more desirable means of providing fast charging since it's an open standard.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
7540 posts
3594 upvotes
Toronto
Pretty good if all you need is capacity, guess they're clearing way for ones with QC and/or PD capability.