Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Anker PowerCore Fusion 5000 2-in-1 Portable Charger and Wall Charger $29.99

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 8th, 2019 4:01 pm
[OP]
Jan 8, 2018
3 posts
22 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Anker PowerCore Fusion 5000 2-in-1 Portable Charger and Wall Charger $29.99

Anker PowerCore Fusion 5000 2-in-1 Portable Charger and Wall Charger, AC Plug with 5000mAh Capacity, PowerIQ Technology, for iPhone, iPad, Android, Samsung Galaxy and More https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01K702S66
Last edited by TomRFD on Oct 4th, 2019 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated title
77 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2002
2263 posts
828 upvotes
Toronto
Savemorelivebetter wrote: i bought 20000mah power pack for 20. this is not a good value...
The selling point of this one is that it has a built in charger. Anker is also one of the better brands, generally well reviewed and excellent after sale support.
Last edited by Driftwood on Oct 4th, 2019 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
15+ Years of 100% Positive Feedback

EBAY / HEATWARE / RFD
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
7357 posts
3557 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
In my opinion, it should either be a power bank or charger, never should be both.
Otherwise, it is half measure for both usage.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine
Nov 17, 2014
594 posts
420 upvotes
Toronto, ON
theflyingsquirrel wrote: In my opinion, it should either be a power bank or charger, never should be both.
Why so?
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2014
1541 posts
2024 upvotes
Atlantic
When I look at these powerbanks, I usually look for QC 2.0/3.0. Maybe that's just me and my use cases.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2002
2263 posts
828 upvotes
Toronto
EasyCompany251 wrote: When I look at these powerbanks, I usually look for QC 2.0/3.0. Maybe that's just me and my use cases.
I got a Samsung 10,000 mAh battery pack for free recently that supports Fast Charge, which is Samsung's variation of QC. Fast charging uses about double the amount of power, so while its fast, it'll cost you a second charge.

EBAY / HEATWARE / RFD
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2003
5492 posts
1429 upvotes
Toronto
If you don’t have/ haven’t used one of these, you likely won’t understand why it’s so great. I have 3 in my family and have given away more: they’re so convenient. Wish the USB C version wasn’t so damn expensive.
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2011
1562 posts
760 upvotes
theflyingsquirrel wrote: In my opinion, it should either be a power bank or charger, never should be both.
Yeah, having it top up the battery every time you plug it into the wall as a standard USB charger is gonna do havoc on the battery. You only get so many hundred charge cycles before the battery stops working properly.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2002
2263 posts
828 upvotes
Toronto
Scott86 wrote: Yeah, having it top up the battery every time you plug it into the wall as a standard USB charger is gonna do havoc on the battery. You only get so many hundred charge cycles before the battery stops working properly.
According to the site, it charges the device before it charges itself, so you wouldn't be putting it through too many cycles unless you left it plugged it after the device was done. That being said, this probably wouldn't be ideal as an everyday charger but more one to take travelling or on day trips.

EBAY / HEATWARE / RFD
Dec 13, 2013
419 posts
333 upvotes
milhaus wrote: If you don’t have/ haven’t used one of these, you likely won’t understand why it’s so great. I have 3 in my family and have given away more: they’re so convenient. Wish the USB C version wasn’t so damn expensive.
Which one is the USB C version... Can you share the link?
Jul 13, 2013
914 posts
697 upvotes
No joke, this exact same Anker product is sold at the Apple Store for $130. What a markup!

Edit: I was actually incorrect, as milhaus down below noted below the one Apple sells has USB-C and is not the same as this.
Last edited by Wasp14 on Oct 5th, 2019 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feb 11, 2010
117 posts
123 upvotes
GTA
This is a great deal.. usually this goes for around $35. I bough couple of these for my family members and it is the best charger/powerbank. Yes it don't have QC but it is capable of doing 2.5 amp while connected to wall and 3.00 amp while on powerbank mode. When you plug into the wall, it will charge the phone at full power and slowly charge the powerbank at the same time. I never have to think about charging the powerbank because it's always charged up. Highly recommend it if your not looking for QC charger.
Feb 11, 2010
117 posts
123 upvotes
GTA
Scott86 wrote: Yeah, having it top up the battery every time you plug it into the wall as a standard USB charger is gonna do havoc on the battery. You only get so many hundred charge cycles before the battery stops working properly.
Wrong.... what your describing is exactly how you keep a healthy lithium-ion battery in top notch shape. You would be surprise to see how long those batteries can last (ie. laptop, cellphone). Having said that, I own one of this charger and goes through charge/discharge every day and it works just as new and going strong even after a year of ownership.
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2013
2463 posts
1009 upvotes
Burnaby
Ive had one for 2 years now. Only gripe is no quickcharge. Just reg 2.1A.

Otherwise, super convenient and compact with just the right amount of reserve power.

The ability to charge itself without an external wall wart is fabulous.
Dec 13, 2012
805 posts
556 upvotes
TORONTO
This is my favorite portable charger and I own plenty of them as I travel a lot for work. I usually have at least 2 power banks with me (this and one of my bigger 20000+ mAh batteries) when on the road and I know that my PowerCore Fusion will always be topped up since I use it as a wall charger as well. It's been almost 2 years now and I haven't noticed much of a dip in performance. I've bought these as gifts and pretty much everyone I've given it to loves it.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
7357 posts
3557 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Driftwood wrote: According to the site, it charges the device before it charges itself, so you wouldn't be putting it through too many cycles unless you left it plugged it after the device was done. That being said, this probably wouldn't be ideal as an everyday charger but more one to take travelling or on day trips.
racing.racing wrote: This is a great deal.. usually this goes for around $35. I bough couple of these for my family members and it is the best charger/powerbank. Yes it don't have QC but it is capable of doing 2.5 amp while connected to wall and 3.00 amp while on powerbank mode. When you plug into the wall, it will charge the phone at full power and slowly charge the powerbank at the same time. I never have to think about charging the powerbank because it's always charged up. Highly recommend it if your not looking for QC charger.
So which one is true? Fully charge your phone before charging the internal battery or slow charge it at the same time?
racing.racing wrote:
Wrong.... what your describing is exactly how you keep a healthy lithium-ion battery in top notch shape. You would be surprise to see how long those batteries can last (ie. laptop, cellphone). Having said that, I own one of this charger and goes through charge/discharge every day and it works just as new and going strong even after a year of ownership.
Where you get your information from? From Lithium battery science point of view, the battery is most stressed when it is between 80 to 100% charge or below 30% charge.
So keeping it 100% fully charge cannot be the way to keep a healthy Li battery.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
19207 posts
2075 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble
milhaus wrote: If you don’t have/ haven’t used one of these, you likely won’t understand why it’s so great. I have 3 in my family and have given away more: they’re so convenient. Wish the USB C version wasn’t so damn expensive.
Aren’t you a Mac 🖥 supporter? Kind of funny to see you say something is expensive. I think you even jumped into the Defense of the new Mac display and said it’s justified.

Sorry but pick a side.