• Apr 3rd, 2019 11:34 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2007
7957 posts
4577 upvotes
Alberta

[Amazon.ca] Anker Powercore II 10000 - $35.69

I bought 3 of these at the regular price and this is the cheapest I've seen it. 10000mAh and comes in a tiny package and not too heavy. The case that comes with it is a tad on the big side. I think it was made for the older 10000 power bank which is larger than this one.
51 replies
May 10, 2010
566 posts
853 upvotes
London
yashgandhi wrote: No type C. No future proof.
I don't think USB A or Micro USB are going to be going away anytime soon.
Jun 15, 2018
953 posts
420 upvotes
yashgandhi wrote: No type C. No future proof.
Lol because of all the people that carry a USB-C to USB-C cable with them at all times?

Most people have normal USB A to C cables. Like the ones that come with their phones/tablets.
Mar 7, 2011
409 posts
535 upvotes
poopdedoop wrote: I don't think USB A or Micro USB are going to be going away anytime soon.
Micro USB is pretty much done deal at this point. Even new Sony noise canceling headphones are type C charging.
Jul 15, 2003
676 posts
756 upvotes
My bigger issue on this is no QuickCharge.. USB C, ya you can use USB A to C cables.. won't get all the bells and whistles but....
Mar 7, 2011
409 posts
535 upvotes
Artwebb1986 wrote: Lol because of all the people that carry a USB-C to USB-C cable with them at all times?

Most people have normal USB A to C cables. Like the ones that come with their phones/tablets.
This battery pack needs micro usb to charge
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2007
7957 posts
4577 upvotes
Alberta
yashgandhi wrote: This battery pack needs micro usb to charge
Doesn’t bother me, just about every Anker power bank uses micro USB to charge.
Jun 15, 2018
953 posts
420 upvotes
barcathegreat wrote: My bigger issue on this is no QuickCharge.. USB C, ya you can use USB A to C cables.. won't get all the bells and whistles but....
It's a battery, What bells and whistles are you missing out on by using a USB A to C cable?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2007
6709 posts
6562 upvotes
barcathegreat wrote: My bigger issue on this is no QuickCharge.. USB C, ya you can use USB A to C cables.. won't get all the bells and whistles but....
It supports QC both for charging the pack, and for charging a device.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2010
1123 posts
575 upvotes
Markham
No USB-PD either, so no fast charging for Pixels or iPhone 8 and newer.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 19, 2010
6359 posts
4555 upvotes
Ottawa
I've had this for about 6 months. Works beautifully. The cord I use with it is a micro-usb and I add a small usb c adapter to charge my Samsung S9 (it does fast charge but can't speak for other devices)
With Zoomer Wireless !
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2003
1856 posts
628 upvotes
Edmonton
Artwebb1986 wrote: Lol because of all the people that carry a USB-C to USB-C cable with them at all times?

not that I'm everybody but I have many type C only cables because of my phone. And my truck has type C also.

R U PACKIN HEAT
?
Jun 15, 2018
953 posts
420 upvotes
freewheelin76 wrote: not that I'm everybody but I have many type C only cables because of my phone. And my truck has type C also.
I've had usb c on my phone for 4 year now. And not a single usb c only cable.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2007
6709 posts
6562 upvotes
Artwebb1986 wrote: I've had usb c on my phone for 4 year now. And not a single usb c only cable.
Only reason I bought one is because my laptop only has 2 A ports and there were being used for something else. Otherwise I have no use for a C - C cable, all my cables are A - C.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
27311 posts
13013 upvotes
Artwebb1986 wrote:
Lol because of all the people that carry a USB-C to USB-C cable with them at all times?
I have a bunch of USB-C devices and have exactly zero USB-C to USB-C cables.
yashgandhi wrote:
Micro USB is pretty much done deal at this point. Even new Sony noise canceling headphones are type C charging.
For phones? Sure.
For other USB powered things? I doubt it.
Hell I'm still getting MiniUSB at this point and that's been dead for who knows how long.
Jul 3, 2016
287 posts
213 upvotes
TheFrostOne wrote: How do we feel about the 10000 mAh vs the 20100 mAh? Only $15 more, and double the juice. Anyone have any insight?
https://www.amazon.ca/Portable-Charger- ... 08CVNCDGVQ
I can do you one better for about $50 with 3 outs and 2 input charging. I own this and I love it

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01LQ7MQG6/ref ... PCbFKJMM18

Also for reference this USB PD anker power bank was $48 until it sold out recently with a coupon code, probably would have snagged one if I didn't own an eeco power bank for small top ups

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07HBTY3Z2/ref ... PCbTWT7V7K