[OP]
Banned
Sep 23, 2014
153 posts
296 upvotes
Oakville

[Amazon.ca] Anker Powerline II Lightning Cable (6ft) $11.55 - All time low

Lowest all time price according to CCC

Anker has great quality and warranty, and are MFI certified.
Last edited by apattee on Jan 21st, 2021 9:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
22 replies
[OP]
Banned
Sep 23, 2014
153 posts
296 upvotes
Oakville
The black version is on "Sale" too for $15.29 , not sure why the white is so much cheaper
Deal Expert
Jun 9, 2003
24741 posts
1874 upvotes
Markham, ON
Purchase this back in Aug 2020...2 weeks ago the lightning head just came off...customer service sent a new one to me with a braided nylon wire.

This model is basically discontinued...I guess they are clearing stock

The wire is thick as f...pity the head was a dud
[OP]
Banned
Sep 23, 2014
153 posts
296 upvotes
Oakville
The page claims "What You Get: Anker PowerLine II (6ft including both ends), a hassle-free lifetime warranty and friendly customer service."

If they replace this cable with a braided one that is a better deal! Thanks for the tip.

I have had Anker cables replaced, but never upgraded
thelefteyeguy wrote: Purchase this back in Aug 2020...2 weeks ago the lightning head just came off...customer service sent a new one to me with a braided nylon wire.

This model is basically discontinued...I guess they are clearing stock
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2012
1278 posts
2918 upvotes
Good price for a 6ft Anker Lightning cable, thanks OP!
[OP]
Banned
Sep 23, 2014
153 posts
296 upvotes
Oakville
Very welcome!
cursayer wrote: Good price for a 6ft Anker Lightning cable, thanks OP!
May 17, 2007
586 posts
163 upvotes
Toronto
apattee wrote: The page claims "What You Get: Anker PowerLine II (6ft including both ends), a hassle-free lifetime warranty and friendly customer service."

If they replace this cable with a braided one that is a better deal! Thanks for the tip.

I have had Anker cables replaced, but never upgraded
This one is lifetime but the braided one isn't, well the one I bought...
[OP]
Banned
Sep 23, 2014
153 posts
296 upvotes
Oakville
That seems to be backwards logic. The braided one should last longer so it would be in their interest to warranty it longer.
orb2k wrote: This one is lifetime but the braided one isn't, well the one I bought...
Dec 18, 2012
25 posts
21 upvotes
CALGARY
I bought 1 a few years ago. Still look and work like new. Thanks OP
[OP]
Banned
Sep 23, 2014
153 posts
296 upvotes
Oakville
A white one? Im curious to know if they yellow like other white cables do
jayprar wrote: I bought 1 a few years ago. Still look and work like new. Thanks OP
Sep 4, 2017
366 posts
641 upvotes
Still have mine from 3 years, if it wasn't still in good condition I would buy this lol. Honestly a great purchase.
Nov 7, 2019
20 posts
14 upvotes
Can confirm Anker has great customer service and warranty process. Have bought over 20 cables from them. Got one dud, but they sent me a new cable no hassle.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2012
1278 posts
2918 upvotes
apattee wrote: A white one? Im curious to know if they yellow like other white cables do
I have one of the original PowerLines that I bought in 2016, it's a little yellow but not as much as the Apple OEM cables yellow.
[OP]
Banned
Sep 23, 2014
153 posts
296 upvotes
Oakville
Thanks for the update. I have about a dozen Anker cables, but no white ones! Im not surprised to find out they hold up better than the Apple ones in this way
cursayer wrote: I have one of the original PowerLines that I bought in 2016, it's a little yellow but not as much as the Apple OEM cables yellow.
[OP]
Banned
Sep 23, 2014
153 posts
296 upvotes
Oakville
Arriving today! Gotta love prime!
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
14761 posts
5996 upvotes
Ottawa
apattee wrote: The black version is on "Sale" too for $15.29 , not sure why the white is so much cheaper
It's not uncommon for one color of something to be on sale and not the other.

Sometimes it's because they have too much stock of one color and they want to clear out the excess stock. Sometimes, one color is more popular and there is more demand. If you were a manufacturer and one color is really selling well and people are paying full price, why would you discount it and lose money?
Look at clothes, usually the unpopular colors and sizes are the ones in the clearance rack.

For other products...in some cases, sometimes a different color is actually more expensive to manufacture. It requires a different process, or special coating or paint. Pearl white paint is a lot more expensive to buy for example. Sometimes coatings are different with different colors.

Lastly, some colors are marketed as more "premium". For example, sometimes you charge more because the color is marketed as the high end version. If all your products are normally white, maybe you can market the dark color as upmarket "special edition" model. It's an easy way to make more money if you can pull it off.
RFD is not just about saving money, it's about the thrill of the hunt and getting the stuff I want without paying full price like Joe Shmoe did.
This applies to everyday items as well as high end items that I don't really need.