Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Anker Powerport lite 65W PPS charger - $39.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 25th, 2022 10:15 pm
Deal Addict
May 18, 2012
1123 posts
1064 upvotes
MARKHAM

[Amazon.ca] Anker Powerport lite 65W PPS charger - $39.99

Regular price is $49.99 but anker has recently offered $5 off coupons. This is the first time I’ve seen it hit $40 in months so it might be all time low according to camel^3.

Best PPS charger for the price in my opinion UNLESS you need more than 65W obviously. This is perfect for your phone, ipad/tablet and most laptops. I’m thinking about buying one of these and a 6-10ft usb C cable for each room so I never have to worry about charging again.

If you want to pay double the price, anker has a newer model that is smaller but does not offer any improvement for charging speed. Apparently the newer model also gets a lot hotter as a result (smaller form factor), and it is also a little wider which makes it harder to fit on certain surge protectors (it will take up a bigger slot). But it does come with foldable prongs so it might be worth the extra cost for some people:

https://www.amazon.ca/Charger-Anker-Ada ... C75&sr=8-8
Last edited by moufasa on Jan 24th, 2022 10:59 am, edited 3 times in total.
32 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jan 15, 2004
7631 posts
2175 upvotes
One review said it does not charge the Macbook Pro but ok for Macbook Air. Wondering if that's a defective unit. 65w should charge the Macbook pro but at lower speed.
Nov 22, 2016
172 posts
187 upvotes
My experience with Anker products has been great, but not sure I wanna buy a 1 port charger for. This much...

I have some UGREEN products aswell and they've been good too.
I saw this listed, $10 more than the one in OP, but has more ports.
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B088FHJLR1/ref ... MHE32WRNXY

I might give this a shot instead.
Any opinions on this?
Feb 4, 2013
384 posts
603 upvotes
slynx85 wrote: My experience with Anker products has been great, but not sure I wanna buy a 1 port charger for. This much...

I have some UGREEN products aswell and they've been good too.
I saw this listed, $10 more than the one in OP, but has more ports.
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B088FHJLR1/ref ... MHE32WRNXY

I might give this a shot instead.
Any opinions on this?
I can't comment specifically on UGreen but I know a lot of these cheaper chargers, they tend to fall out of the socket or be finicky about when they want to charge. I have a couple cheaper ones and many times I have to plug and re-plug them a few times for them to start wanting to charge.
Nov 22, 2016
172 posts
187 upvotes
Yeah, I've had that experience with some of those cheap chargers.

My personal experience with UGREEN products has been good (a KVM switch). Maybe I'll hold off...
Deal Expert
Jun 20, 2020
20144 posts
29043 upvotes
Toronto
jakemtl wrote: Wish it had 2 ports
Anker 726 Charger (Nano II 65W) has 2 ports
https://us.Anker.com/collections/charge ... 5444152470

Output:

When using only one port: 5.0V==3.0A /9.0V==3.0A /15.0V==3.0A /20.0V==3.25A (65W Max)

When using both ports simultaneously:

Bottom port: 5.0V==3.0A /9.0V==3.0A /15.0V==3.0A /20.0V==2.25A (45W Max), PPS: 3.3V-16.0V=3.0A (45W Max)

Top port: 5.0V==3.0A/9.0V==2.22A (20W Max)

Total Output: 65W Max
Destiny is all
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2019
1714 posts
2238 upvotes
Toronto
moufasa wrote: I’m thinking about buying one of these and a 6-10ft usb C cable for each room so I never have to worry about charging again.
Damn, you must have a big house. I can easily walk from room to room in my house without having to charge my phone.
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
19712 posts
13576 upvotes
Ottawa
Dhanushan wrote: Anker 726 Charger (Nano II 65W) has 2 ports
https://us.Anker.com/collections/charge ... 5444152470

Output:

When using only one port: 5.0V==3.0A /9.0V==3.0A /15.0V==3.0A /20.0V==3.25A (65W Max)

When using both ports simultaneously:

Bottom port: 5.0V==3.0A /9.0V==3.0A /15.0V==3.0A /20.0V==2.25A (45W Max), PPS: 3.3V-16.0V=3.0A (45W Max)

Top port: 5.0V==3.0A/9.0V==2.22A (20W Max)

Total Output: 65W Max
I'm waiting for a good deal for this one...I find it limiting to have one port onlyl. Folding plugs and still very tiny but can fast charge two mobile devices.
Please update your profile to include your city https://forums.redflagdeals.com/ucp.php?i=ucp_profile&mode=profile_info
Nov 8, 2007
159 posts
170 upvotes
Montreal
Majokito wrote: Damn, you must have a big house. I can easily walk from room to room in my house without having to charge my phone.
I have a 2 bedroom condo, and bought 3 of these and 3 15ft usbc cables so I can use & charge my laptop/phone/devices anywhere in the house, without having to lug around a charging cable. It's surprisingly convenient.
Jan 20, 2004
769 posts
248 upvotes
Just to be clear, what makes the OP's post notable, is the PPS aspect of the charger, for the Programmable Power Supply protocol of the PD 3.0. Not every alternative posted above supports PPS, keep that in mind.

The Anker 726 looks to be a good charger, but at an ridiculously high price. When the Anker 726 falls to the $40-50 mark, it would be worth buying IMO.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 15, 2004
7631 posts
2175 upvotes
Gee wrote: The UGreen doesn’t support PPS (Programmable Power Supply)

The Anker does
What is the real benefit of PPS?
Nov 22, 2016
172 posts
187 upvotes
golden wrote: What is the real benefit of PPS?

What’s the Difference Between PPS, PD, and QC?
Programmable Power Supply PPS allows for stepwise changes in current and voltage. It decreases the conversion loss during charging, ensuring the charge is more efficient. When the charge is more efficient, less heat is produced, and when less heat is produced, a battery’s lifespan increases. So, PPS fast charging is better for your device’s battery.

Power Delivery (PD) is a standard for handling higher power that was introduced by the USB Implementers Forum. It allows devices to charge fast over a USB connection. It provides high-speed charging with variable voltage using intelligent device negotiation. Devices negotiate a power contract to determine how much power they can pull from a PD charger.

Power Delivery is designed to allow devices to fast-charge over a USB connection. Its newest version, PD 3.0, is one of the most popular fast charging protocols. PPS is the latest addition to the PD 3.0 standard. PPS and PD protocols work seamlessly together. PPS allows for renegotiation of non-standard currents and voltages between the charger and the device.

Quick Charge (QC) is one of the most common fast charging protocols on the market and is found in many popular smartphones. It was invented by Qualcomm, which makes mobile CPUs. The charging standard supports backward compatibility, which means a QC 4+ charger can fast-charge a QC 3.0 device. Quick Charge achieves fast charging by increasing the charging voltage, boosting the wattage in the process. QC 5, the latest standard in Quick Charge technology, can recharge smartphones to 50% in five minutes.
May 27, 2020
23 posts
68 upvotes
UGreen makes very high quality products. I buy all my cables, charger and usb hub from them.
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
19712 posts
13576 upvotes
Ottawa
golden wrote: What is the real benefit of PPS?
In short, it allows the device to finely negotiate voltage more finely and in real-time to whatever it wants. This can help preserve battery health, control temps better, and optimize charging speed.

Without PPS, the device is restricted to a few preset voltages defined by the standard, but PPS allows a lot more freedom.

Samsung seems to be one of the first to embrace it, but I think we'll see more devices use it in the future as the chips become more common, so it makes sense to buy a charger that supports it.
Please update your profile to include your city https://forums.redflagdeals.com/ucp.php?i=ucp_profile&mode=profile_info
Mar 21, 2019
67 posts
98 upvotes
Mississauga
This is similar but with $5 works it to be $36.99. Looks a better deal to me. A little bigger but foldable plug.

Amazon link
Jan 28, 2010
335 posts
360 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
dheepak10 wrote: This is similar but with $5 works it to be $36.99. Looks a better deal to me. A little bigger but foldable plug.

Amazon link
The dimensions in the OP seem smaller, and its a more recent product. Not sure if any internals are different.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2012
1123 posts
1064 upvotes
MARKHAM
Majokito wrote: Damn, you must have a big house. I can easily walk from room to room in my house without having to charge my phone.
DuffMan72 wrote: I have a 2 bedroom condo, and bought 3 of these and 3 15ft usbc cables so I can use & charge my laptop/phone/devices anywhere in the house, without having to lug around a charging cable. It's surprisingly convenient.

Sorry I did not mean literally every single room. Just the rooms that I frequently use devices in (bedroom, living room etc.).

There are countless times where my device battery died because I forgot the charger and I was too lazy to go upstairs to get it. As the other poster mentioned, it’s a luxury but a great convenience to never have to deal with cables/chargers.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)