Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Anker Premium 60W 5-Port Desktop Charger with One USB-C 30W PD Port, 4 USB A Ports $41.99

[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2006
1067 posts
1366 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Anker Premium 60W 5-Port Desktop Charger with One USB-C 30W PD Port, 4 USB A Ports $41.99

Seems decent for a combo USB-C/USB-A charger. Reg price is $59.99.

Here is description from the page,

- Revolutionary Speed: Charge any USB C device at top speeds with the Power Delivery port (30W maximum speed), while 4 Power ports intelligently recognize your device to boost charging speeds up to 2. 4A per port.
- Five-Port Party: Access simultaneous charging for everyone—all from just one wall outlet.
- Superior Safety: Advanced safety features like surge protection, temperature control, and more let you charge with total peace of mind.
- Advanced Durability: A scratch-resistant and smudge proof exterior, combined with advanced drop protection, make for one tough charger.
- What You Get: Anker Power Port I with 1 Power Delivery and 4 Power Ports, adhesive strip, welcome guide, our fan-favorite 18-month and friendly customer service.
Last edited by Mars2012 on Feb 8th, 2021 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: link contained a non-RFD affiliate tag, couldn't find another one for same price
6 replies
May 7, 2015
341 posts
436 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I dunno so many similar 60 w charging stations for $30 or less.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
3852 posts
2402 upvotes
Vancouver
moeymoeymoeymoe wrote: I dunno so many similar 60 w charging stations for $30 or less.
It’s basically paying an anker premium. This has a niche market for those who have a lot of devices but don’t need more than 30w... but even then there are cheaper alternatives now. This was really more of a deal in 2018/2019 but given the number of cheaper alternative, only those who prefer anker will buy it (and the subset that needs multiple ports + less than 30w).
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2006
1067 posts
1366 upvotes
Are there others with combo USB-C and 4 USB-A port chargers? I've seen one Amazon Basics for about $50 but haven't come across one with this many ports from the likes of Aukey or other. maybe I've just missed them.
Oct 25, 2001
626 posts
438 upvotes
Toronto
Paigne wrote: It’s basically paying an anker premium. This has a niche market for those who have a lot of devices but don’t need more than 30w... but even then there are cheaper alternatives now. This was really more of a deal in 2018/2019 but given the number of cheaper alternative, only those who prefer anker will buy it (and the subset that needs multiple ports + less than 30w).
Funny you should say that. I bought this exact item in 2018 for the same price.
Jul 14, 2019
611 posts
1032 upvotes
Good charger, I have been using it for over a year. Just note the 60W is total combined output, and you don't get 30W PD (the highest singular charge rate) if there is anything else charging off of it at the same time, but that isn't unique to Anker.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
3852 posts
2402 upvotes
Vancouver
frugalcanuck wrote: Are there others with combo USB-C and 4 USB-A port chargers? I've seen one Amazon Basics for about $50 but haven't come across one with this many ports from the likes of Aukey or other. maybe I've just missed them.
Haven’t being paying attention to ones with specifically 4 ports since most USB c chargers come with 0-2 USB A ports. Demand for those has dropped given more and more devices support c. If anything more alternatives are actually coming out with more USB c ports and less a ports.

Aukey did have one with 4 ports A and 2 port c model before but that has since being discontinued due to lack of demand. I don’t remember what the charge rate for the c ports were for that model since it was a couple years ago (when there was more demand for a ports).

Found it on their site

https://www.aukey.life/products/pa-y6-6 ... ng-station