• Last Updated:
  • Jan 25th, 2020 2:24 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2005
1036 posts
480 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Anker Soundcore Liberty Air 2 Wireless $104.99

A well-reviewed pair of earbuds from Anker. Previous low is $95, but that was for Black Friday and they sold out fairly quickly.

This is the closest it's been since — usually they're $139 with a $20 coupon. This is likely the lowest they'll be for a while.
Last edited by TomRFD on Jan 22nd, 2020 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added price to title
42 replies
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
16860 posts
6656 upvotes
Oakville
I hate when companies call their earbuds "noise cancelling" when they just mean "sound isolating".
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Jan 9, 2014
766 posts
622 upvotes
Regina
I hate when companies make this dumb looking ear dildo design =P
Sep 12, 2004
263 posts
91 upvotes
Burnaby
wearysky wrote: I hate when companies call their earbuds "noise cancelling" when they just mean "sound isolating".
I think these have active noise cancelation... Perhaps double check with them?
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
16860 posts
6656 upvotes
Oakville
AnujS699 wrote: I hate when companies make this dumb looking ear dildo design =P
The "just a bud that you screw into your ear" designs rarely stay in my ear, so that part doesn't bother me. But "noise cancellation", to me, implies "active noise cancellation". Pretty much all earbuds with a silicon tip design like this have passive noise cancellation, so I hate getting sucked in trying to figure out if they are just bullshitting.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
16860 posts
6656 upvotes
Oakville
alym wrote: I think these have active noise cancelation... Perhaps double check with them?
Nope, from the product description: "Customizable EarTips: Choose from 5 sizes of EarTips to find your perfect fit for enhanced passive noise cancellation and comfort."
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2003
1299 posts
672 upvotes
Toronto
I have one and Op I got it at BF for 89.99.

Pro
-mic is great
-comfortable

Con
-i have disconnection issue from time to time. I can hear the person on the phone but they can't hear what I am saying
-not noise cancellation at all, just isolated
Aug 30, 2015
526 posts
236 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
I have been using aker's life p2 or whatever it's called and it's amazing for the price, I think I paid less than 60 bucks and noise quality is surprisingly good, also I love the fact it has actual buttons rather than touch pads.

Downside is that the case is larger than this Air 2, but it still fits in my small pocket in my jeans (lighter pocket?) so it's ok

If you're a loooking for something more affordable, I recommend looking for those first
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
16860 posts
6656 upvotes
Oakville
pca1987 wrote: also I love the fact it has actual buttons rather than touch pads.
This is one thing that I've realized over the winter, as well. Physical buttons are definitely a plus when you're wearing gloves (touch-screen gloves work fine, but when it's -20 out I've got the big gloves on when I'm walking the dogs)
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2006
4776 posts
832 upvotes
Toronto
can you adjust the volume on the earbuds this time? the first ones you cant.
HEATWARE 18-0-0 since 2006
EBAY 38-0-0 Since 2003
Jun 13, 2017
401 posts
224 upvotes
Ajax, Ontario
pca1987 wrote: If you're a loooking for something more affordable, I recommend looking for those first
If you are looking for something more affordable, I recommend Dudios. I bought https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07W927H29/ for $20 and it has been great.

I also got https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07RW3X5BS/ for $35 for my wife and she still uses it without complaints.

A couple of years ago I got Jaybird Run, which was retailed around $200 and I like my Dudios better.
"Are you telling me to get a smart switch instead of a smart bulb for my bedside night lamp?"

ArloCopter
Jul 7, 2003
478 posts
187 upvotes
I have the Liberty Air 1 and have been happy with the fit and sound quality. But the mic sucks on it even in a quiet environment. It appears that the mic is much improved on the Liberty Air 2. Here's a recent review (skip to 5:30) with a test on call quality.
Jan 9, 2014
766 posts
622 upvotes
Regina
wearysky wrote: The "just a bud that you screw into your ear" designs rarely stay in my ear, so that part doesn't bother me. But "noise cancellation", to me, implies "active noise cancellation". Pretty much all earbuds with a silicon tip design like this have passive noise cancellation, so I hate getting sucked in trying to figure out if they are just bullshitting.

I used to have the same issue until I discovered earbuds that have winged tips.
(The Anker Soundcore Liberty 2 for example). You put the earbud in your ear, the winged tip goes behind your <insert anatomy term here, refer to picture>,
and the winged tip keeps the earbud secure in your ear and you don't have to worry about it falling out. Plus it keeps the seal nicely :)

Apr 13, 2010
46 posts
1 upvote
adhika wrote: If you are looking for something more affordable, I recommend Dudios. I bought https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07W927H29/ for $20 and it has been great.

I also got https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07RW3X5BS/ for $35 for my wife and she still uses it without complaints.

A couple of years ago I got Jaybird Run, which was retailed around $200 and I like my Dudios better.
I can attest to those dudios that they work very well especially considering their price.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
16860 posts
6656 upvotes
Oakville
AnujS699 wrote: I used to have the same issue until I discovered earbuds that have winged tips.
(The Anker Soundcore Liberty 2 for example). You put the earbud in your ear, the winged tip goes behind your <insert anatomy term here, refer to picture>,
and the winged tip keeps the earbud secure in your ear and you don't have to worry about it falling out. Plus it keeps the seal nicely :)
That's the tragus. My buddy has the Liberty 2 Pro and swears by them, but that's starting to get up into much pricier territory (though they've got a $40 coupon, so it's down to $159.99 on Amazon at the moment).

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)