• Sep 21st, 2020 2:29 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2006
1718 posts
1080 upvotes
Center of the univer…

[Amazon.ca] Anker Soundcore Liberty Air - $69.99

Just saw that Anker Liberty air went back on sale for $69.99, I believe last time they were on sale for $59.99 so $10 more but not a bad price at all for these highly rated headphones.

Gives 5 hours of playtime and 20 additional hours with the charging case, comes with additional ear tips, micro usb cable and 18 months warranty.

Link: https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07HSYJWMR

Here is an unbox therapy review saying sound is better than AirPods but obviously everyone prefers different sound profile:
12 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2003
1362 posts
369 upvotes
Ottawa
It's probably the Air 2 that you'll want, as they increased the battery life and use the graphene drivers in the new ones. I have the liberty 2 with the same drivers and with the help of an equalizer they sound as good as the 300$ Sony /apple /bose TWPs.
Anker Soundcore products are excellent value for money.
To be or not to be...where is the question?
Nov 23, 2013
364 posts
136 upvotes
Toronto
They have so many models, which one is the latest?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2006
1718 posts
1080 upvotes
Center of the univer…
ipse wrote: It's probably the Air 2 that you'll want, as they increased the battery life and use the graphene drivers in the new ones. I have the liberty 2 with the same drivers and with the help of an equalizer they sound as good as the 300$ Sony /apple /bose TWPs.
I believe these ones have graphene drivers as well from the posting:

Graphene-Enhanced Sound: Pioneering audio technology delivers highly accurate sound with superior clarity.
Aug 17, 2012
68 posts
48 upvotes
Had those last year. They're fine for the price. Things I didn't like were: not enough noise isolation and poor mic performance. Pros were that it held in place in my ears (YMMV obviously). Upgraded to the Galaxy buds plus which I highly recommend if you can stretch your budget.
Aug 1, 2013
443 posts
365 upvotes
The Lower Mainland
StatsGuy wrote: based on my browsing of "cheap" true wireless headphones..seems the Tranya T10s are the ones to get nowadays?

not available on amazon.ca but available on amazon.com and works out cheaper than the Anker ones

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08BK ... SMB1&psc=1

https://nerdtechy.com/tranya-t10-review

https://www.digitaltrends.com/headphone ... ds-review/
I find that anything without a stem isn't as good at call quality. Have you heard any people review the call quality on the tranya's well?
Last edited by Chris9446 on Sep 21st, 2020 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 20, 2018
5588 posts
4653 upvotes
Chris9446 wrote: I find that anything without a step isn't as good at call quality. Have you heard any people review the call quality on the tranya's well?
I haven't used them myself..just reviews online since it's"new"
Bolstering the buds’ phone call functionality is cVc 8.0 noise cancellation built into the embedded microphones. This automatically reduces the background noise from your ambient environment and will make your voice a lot clearer for the person you are speaking to, and vice versa. Thus, phone calls are fairly crisp and you should be able to hold down a conversation even in a bustling environment. You aren’t able to turn off the noise cancellation, unfortunately, so consider using only one earbud if you have to pay attention to your environment while listening on the go.
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2001
17815 posts
1390 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
Yeah I think people should be looking at the Liberty Air 2 instead....
Aug 22, 2007
150 posts
202 upvotes
Toronto
Personally, I just bought this Boltune pair last week for $50. Overall I have to say that I'm pretty happy with them. The sound quality is good, the battery life seems decent, the call quality seems really good, and they stay in place in your ears really well.

Only downsides are no ambient sound mode, and the controls are button based instead of touch sensors. As someone who has periodically bought bluetooth earbuds over the years and have always been disappointed in them and eventually stopped using them, this is the first pair that I'd actually recommend to friends.
Dec 25, 2006
619 posts
500 upvotes
Ottawa
Penguin Warlord wrote: Personally, I just bought this Boltune pair last week for $50. Overall I have to say that I'm pretty happy with them. The sound quality is good, the battery life seems decent, the call quality seems really good, and they stay in place in your ears really well.

Only downsides are no ambient sound mode, and the controls are button based instead of touch sensors. As someone who has periodically bought bluetooth earbuds over the years and have always been disappointed in them and eventually stopped using them, this is the first pair that I'd actually recommend to friends.
I'm glad you are happy with the Boltune. A friend of mine ordered these today, so I'l be curious to see how they perform...

https://www.amazon.ca/Wireless-Cancelli ... s9dHJ1ZQ==
Feb 15, 2011
132 posts
124 upvotes
Toronto
ipse wrote: It's probably the Air 2 that you'll want, as they increased the battery life and use the graphene drivers in the new ones. I have the liberty 2 with the same drivers and with the help of an equalizer they sound as good as the 300$ Sony /apple /bose TWPs.
Please... enough with misleading myth.
Anker is FINE if you are low budget but want TW. Ok sound, decent battery, light.
BUT Anker IS MUCH INFERIOR to Powerbeats Pro or Bose TW in terms of sound quality. (they are not 5 times better, but better)
Jaybird is also better than Anker (then again, costs more).
Last edited by arestel on Sep 21st, 2020 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 15, 2016
608 posts
621 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
I have these and they are better than the neo ones. I’ve been using anker buds snd headphones a lot due to price. Id rather get 2 or 3 of these vs a pair of airpods as i tend to lose things more often and i prefer just having a pair in spots of the house rather than carrying one around.

Sounds for movies which i use them for are good. Ive travelled with them and they are perfect for that. Any chance you lose them you can afford to buy another set.